Monday, June 18, 2012

Where the wild things are......Childs play :)

I'm gonna try to make this a quickie!!  My oldest son Matt is back to class for the summer and these early mornings are killing me! I was made to be a night owl, not a morning person!!!!

Today is my my son Steven's birthday!!! He is 15..........how did that happen???? All my babies are growing up!!!  He and I had a mother/son day today :)  I took him shopping for some new clothes and then drug him thrifting with me....LOL.  And what a LOVELY day for thrifting it was!!!  I found a honey pot of 5x7 photo frames for a quarter each!! I bought several.......I don't even know how many......I thought they would be awesome for small scrappy projects and altering.  And I FINALLY found a tray to alter!!!! I am super excited about that.....1 buck!! Right now it has airbrushed butterflies on the front....and not the beautiful kind of airbrushing, more like someone was just learning :) But with some paint, photos, and doo dads......I;m getting giddy just thinking about it!!!!

I got a few things for the boys too.......a new baseball, tons of baseball cards that they originally wanted $5 a baggie for.......they dropped them to a more reasonable quarter a baggie and I bought them all.....lol.  Some books for Jesse at a quarter each......fun day!!!  I can't wait until yard sale season kicks into high gear around here!!

As excited as I am about today's finds, I am just as excited to share a page with you that I created for Child's Play's latest challenge.......Where The Wild Things Are!!!  OMGosh what fun!!!  And I love how it turned out!!!  

I had this sketch saved for a while.........and finally I get a chance to use it!!!
I wanna say this is from Pagemaps......but don't quote me!  It was a challenge at A Cherry On Top a month or so back that I didn't get around to.  And over the weekend I found some paper by Momenta at Big Lots!!!! EEEEEEEKKkKKKK!!!!  It has been forever since I found anything good at my Big Lots!!! And the colors just scream BOY!!! And it was the only packet...so I snagged it right up!  

As soon as I saw this challenge posted I knew I would play along and I knew what photos I would use!!
The colors are actually a lot brighter in person.  They look kinda washed out on my screen.....thanks to my crappy photographer I guess! 

Jesse is such a ham and so expressive.....I love the faces he makes!  And I actually found the Feral Kid photo online.....lol.    I used the Momenta paper, a Jillibean Soup journaling spot that I layered some DCWV chipboard bits on, title letters from Pebbles, journaling letters from My Little Shoebox, anfd I am clueless about the arrow rub on.  I just thought one of my kids would be perfect for a "Wild Thing:" page.....lol.  

Some closeups....this photo cracks me up!

I'm working on my clustering,,,,,,,one say I will master it!!!

If you haven't played along with Childs Play please check them out.......SUPER fun challenges!!!! And they have a DT call going on right now too!!! Why not give it go???

I'll be back tomorrow with a card to share (gasp!!)  

Y'all have a great night and thanks so much for dropping by!!

Tina

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy Birthday Steven!! And I love love love love that lo!! LOVING the photos and loveeeeeeeee the monkey and the palm trees!!!!

karenw said...

Happy Birthday Stephan! And Tina, as long as you don't grow up then it doesn't matter if your boys do (and let's face it - boys never, ever grow up - ever!)...

Love this challenge and the book. Oh and we have a Mogo zoo only a couple of hours away from here. It rained last time we went. They didn't want to keep the kids either...

xx

Elizabeth Campau said...

Happy Birthday Steven! Love the layout Tina, it gave me a good laugh:)

wendipooh13 said...

Happy Birthday to Steven!!! wonderful page and great photo, love the journaling!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Child's Play blog!!!!

kate blue said...

all of the things work perfectly! I sooo love that monkey!!!

Heather Landry said...

I LOVE the feral child print out that you found. I'm over here giggling! Such an awesome page. You did a great job using the sketch!

Teresa Jaye said...

Awesome layout Tina! Love the Feral Kid sign and adorable photo. I love this sketch and you did a great job with it.
Hope to get to the LMCB hop later tonight after work.

Christy said...

Not a morning person is an understatement in my life LOL. Great layout and LOOOOOOVE that sketch :)

Haven_mom4 said...

Tina the ferral kid sign says it all. Great take on the challenge anad thanks for joining us at childs play

Megan Aaron said...

what a cute page!

Kelly Massman said...

very fun layout!

Karen Wilson said...

HEY Tina!! LOL on the FERAL KID, that is hilarious!! What a fun embellishment. Happy Birthday Steven :)

Adore your LO .. Thanks for joining us at Child's Play!

tiffany said...

Fabulous layout, love how you combined it with the sketch too! Thanks for playing along at Child’s Play Challenges =) Tiffany

Janet M said...

Now that layout and picture will put a smile on your face- great job on the challenge. Thanks for joining in on this session at Child's Play