Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Been a crafty sorta day :)

Helloooo everyone! Hope this Tuesday has treated you well!

I've had a great day! A rare occasion here of late!   I am gonna be waiting for the reality check tomorrow!!  After the kinda week I have had I'll take it tho!!!

I've been fighting a funk of sorts, kinda depressed yet not really.  Does that make any sense?  I think actually I have been more overwhelmed than depressed.  It has been a long time since I have had to deal with everything that goes on in our household by myself.  With Bob being back to work and it all happening so suddenly I think it was just kinda a case of overload. Add to that the fact that my car is broken down and I haven't been able to get out and go ANYWHERE!!!   I don't deal well with stress at all........but today has been relatively stress free.  I love these kinds of days!!! Jesse and I played several hand of rummy today......that kid is a card shark!! I won the game but he gave me a really good run! For a 7 yr old....the kid is GOOD!!!!!  Maybe I should teach him to play poker....lol.  I also got some cleaning done and had a chance yesterday  to do a little creative therapy too.  I did well....2 card and 2 layouts!! GO ME!!!

First up are the cards........because I really and truly love this first one!! I wanna keep it forever.....lol.  I used the sketch by Heather Landry that is part of the July challenges at The Sampler.  Isn't it adorable?
I used some yummy Echo Park papers from the So Happy Together line.  
As usual, when I toy with anything EP I go a bit overboard with the stickers.  I can't help myself!!!

I'm also entering this one in the Moxie Fab World challenge "Hooked on Hexagons"   I guess I kinda cheated using the neat hexagon printed paper but I still love how it turned out....I have no die or punch to do these babies, and as a mom with five kids, I just don't have enough hours in the day to hand deo all of those hexagons!! Thank goodness for designer paper!!! :)

And Kaboodles Doodles (say that three times real fast!!) has an awesome challenge going right now for "what's hot!" Banners, Hexagons, Pinwheels.....things that are super trendy right now.  I'm entering this card over there as well :)

My next card again features this line......I used the sketch from Frosted Designs.....
It made a really quick and cute little birthday card :)  Doncha just love all of that color????

Last but not least I have a layout to share.......I racked my brain trying to figure out what I was missing.....ever look at something and just know there should be something more to it? yeah....thats where I was until about 5 seconds ago.....
Oh yeah...........journaling!!!!! (slaps forehead)  Now I know why it looks off to me.....lol.  These photos are of a beautiful old mill near Norris lake....we spent the day at the lake about a month ago and then drove around and go out and took some wonderful photos.  This mill is still working an dactually produces corn meal.....very cool!! But it was closed on this day......bummer!  It was still a wonderful day tho......

It's hard to tell in the photo but the little sticker at the top says "Let's go someplace"  This stuff is also from EP's So Happy Together......I guess you could say i kinda like EP :)   But I thought these bits were perfect for vacation type photos.......and I decided to make a banner of sorts out of the hexagon pattern by fussy cutting a few of them and adhering them to some twine..........now I just gotta add some journaling.....LOL.

In case you are wondering I used a sketch for this one as well.......
I believe this is a Becky Fleck page map sketch, it was a recent challenge at A Cherry On Top's forum but I never got around to it.

I'm sharing the LO at the following awesome challenge blogs :)

Use your stuff: Use Kraft (my layout base)
Craft your nest Use a banner
Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger  use the following photo as inspuration......I took inspiration from the banner.....I made mine a hexagon banner of sorts because of the sketch.

That's all I got for today........I will share the other LO tomorrow! Be safe and be crafty!!!
Y'all have a good one!
Tina

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

LOVE all of these projects!! Thanks for taking the challenge at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry you have been down lately... I can totally relate! I love love love your cards and your lo!! LOVING those photos on your lo!! GORGEOUS!!!

Scrappin Thread said...

I love all the bright colors on your cards and layout. Maybe working with the cheerful colors helps to pick us up sometimes? I hope you felt less in a funk after you worked on your pretty creations! Thank you for joining the Frosted Designs Card Sketch Challenge. Beverly

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Feel better soon and hope you get back in stride. Wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “What’s In” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Quip1320 said...

Love the bright cheery colors.

Alice Golden said...

Cute projects - love the hexagon banner!

Angela said...

Fabulous colours and great take on the sketch!! Thank you for joining in at Frosted Designs this challenge x

Joanne said...

Love how you used our layout, it looks great! I really like the cherry bright colors, they made me smile! Happy you played along with us at Frosted Designs!

Stampalicious said...

great take on the sketch, thank you for joining our challenge at Frosted Designs, hugs, martina

Cath said...

Hey Tina! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

so many cute projects. thanks for playing with the card challenge over at the sampler. hugs....nancy

Cath said...

Hey Tina! Thanks also for linking this up to the Hooked on Hexagons Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Joy said...

Fabulous stuff this week. I hope your feeling better.
I like the way you made the hexagon cut outs into a banner. Great vacation layout! Thanks for joining us on the Use Your Stuff blog :)

Heather Landry said...

Thank you so much for joining us for the challenges at The Sampler. I really love your take on the sketch! (Also, thanks so much for linking to me as well. I appreciate you taking the time to do that!)