Thursday, July 12, 2012

Friday the 13th eve

Hello my crafty friends! 

Don't worry, I will keep this somewhat short today :)  I always say that....let's see if I can actually do it tonight!  I'm beat! So tired, and so stressed.  I just wanna crawl off someplace QUIET and veg!  Bob's schedule is killing me......I usually go to bed around 12 or 1 am......but I have had a lot on my mind lately and am just not sleeping well.  I'm used to falling asleep rather quickly and then waking several times.  Now I can't fall to sleep AND I can't stay asleep!! I can deal with one or the other but both is asking a little too much out of me.  I am just a mere mortal!!!  Last I remembered looking at the clock last night it was about 3 am......the alarm goes off at 4:30  and I spend almost 45 mins to make Bob get his butt out of bed.  He has to be there by 6 Am and I don't have to get up with Matt until 7.......it hardly seems worth it to go back to sleep.  I on the computer reading blogs this morning when my 15 yr old got up, around 9.......so I went back to bed and tossed and turned til noon.  I'm tired and grumpy.....not a cool combination!!  And the kids bickered ALL day!! 2 days stuck indoors due to rain.  We need the rain but I also need my sanity :)

Seeing as how it was raining all day I had to photograph the layout I worked on last night indoors.  So if something seems off it's the lighting.  If it looks ok it's my awesome photo skills.....lol.  I'm just covering my bases :)  I stuck a bit of double sided tape to the back and stuck it to our patio door......not bad for a chickie who can't think straight due to insomnia!!

I had a total blast putting this one together!  A few weeks back we went to Norris Lake here in East TN.  It's very near the Mtns but we just hung at the lake on free fishing day.  Which means you could fish anywhere in the state that day without a license and without fear of getting a tcket from the game warden.  So we loaded  up all five kids and off to the lake we went!!  I have MANY photos to share, but you'll have to wait for the layouts!!  Most of the boys have never fished., and Brandon had a really difficult time with his pole and getting his line tangled.  And in the trees.......just a mess!  Bob had to cut his line several times and do everything over.  And we have all picked on Brandon without mercy over it ,  That's what families do .....ya know :)

I started things off with this sketch from The Sampler.
I stayed with the basic grid theme but changed the placement up just a bit
Doncha just love the look on Bob's face.......LOL!!!!

I used papers from several Crate Paper Collections......can you say scrapbusting boys and girls???? I know for a fact I used some from Emma;s Shoppe, Random, Toy Box, and  School Spirit.  And maybe one or two others :) Alphas from Emma's Shoppe, Toy Box, Cosmo Cricket  tiny type and Bo Bunny Et cetera. Chipboard bits from MME, and  K & Co.......Whewwwwwwwwwwwww!!! And I outlined my letters that were too dark to show with a white out pen.....lol.

The title is This Boy is Beyond Hope!  to fit in with Bird Is The Word's word challenge to use the word "beyond" along with the additional prompt from ScrapFit warmup #29 Use a LONGGGGG , Cupcake Craft Challenge Number Cruncher,  (show numbers on your project or card) , And last but certainly not least, The Sisterhood of Crafters Let's Hear It For The Boy!

I kept things somewhat short didn't I?

I'm gonna do a couple of cards and then I am calling it a night! Thanks for visiting with me today!

Hugs!
Tina

14 comments:

Lizzyc said...

HI.. Oh I am sorry to hear about your not sleeping very well... I do hope things get better for you there... in the mean time.. this layout looks great, and I like how you have used the word BEYOND too!! Thanks for joining in at BITW!!

Michele said...

Oh gosh... sleep can be such a pain in our side sometimes. Too bad we need it... huh??!! But you are on such a crafty roll! I am jealous! I love this layout! Mostly because one would not think of taking a photo of the tangled up fishing line. Just the fish that were caught. Love how you always get all aspects of the story!!! :-) Now if you are reading this right now... go to bed!!! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry you aren't getting any sleep :( I hope you do soon!! I love love love your lo!! LOVING that title and loveeeeeeeeeeeee all the Crate yuminess!!!

Haven_mom4 said...

I feel your pain, But mine is the stupid cat wanting in and out every two hours at night. Worse then having a newborn. last night was better. Hope yours gets better soon too

Christy said...

Oh my goodness....sleep deprivation obviously does the scrappiness good because this is AMAZING!!!!!

Faye said...

What a fab layout. I love how you have incorporated the numbers. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. Good Luck. x

TannyP said...

You did such a great job on this layout - I hope you get some sleep soon! Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters' "Let's Hear It For The Boys" Challenge!

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Beautiful page!!!
Thanks for play it us in BITW!

Missy Whidden said...

This is a great page! I love the colored squares. Awesome job on the long title, too :) Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

glorygirl said...

Your title fits the photos really well! Love how you captured the story on your page!

lindy said...

Love the title and a great design for a perfect mam page...thanks for joing BITW!!

Samantha said...

Oh Darling, i totoally feel for you sleep deprevation is the worst! Like some sort of torture!
Hang in there baby! I honestly think you have rocked out on this sketch and you have used this Challenge word perfectly! Thank you so much for playing along with BITW! {{{HUGS}} and stay strong

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

So sorry about your sleep deprivation. You totally rocked the sketch. Love how you changed it to multi photo. Thanks for playing with us at the Sampler. Hugs....Nancy

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Awesome layout! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘LET’S HEAR IT FOR THE BOYS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS