Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 3rd of July!!

Hello, Hello!!!

Well, our visit to the dentist was rather uneventful today! Thank Goodness!!!  And miracle of miracles, Jesse lost one of the teeth they were planning on pulling today! He was complaining about it hurting him really badly last night, Poor baby! Then when he got up this morning he told me he had a tooth that was really loose.  I didn't expect it to be one of the top ones!! Yayyyy!!!  So at the dentist they took a look at it and the dentist told him to just keep wiggling it.  He left for a few minutes and came back and it was out!! They gave Jesse a cute little tooth necklace that opens like a case to put your tooth in.....lol.  They ended up filling 2 cavities.  Anddddd we go back next week to see how those top teeth are doing.  Hopefully they will come on out after all!!!  Brandon got off lucky today......they decided against pulling his.  So we;ll see in 6 months where things stand!

Y'all got big plans for the 4rth??  We are just chillin and grillin!!!  Bob's looking for an excuse to fire up the grill anyway I think....men love cooking with fire!  The police and fire departments here have warnings about fireworks out due to our super hot nd dry weather.  So we aren't firing any off.....the boys scared me to death last year and we had a small bonfire pop up in our yard......not this year!!!! We will just sit on the patio and see if anyone else fires off any.  Jacob is going to the World's Fair Park to watch a professional fireworks show and hear the Knoxville Orchestra  play.  He has yet another new girlfriend (he's a slut I tell ya.....lol) and her mother invited him to tag along.  Otherwise I know you couldn't make him listen to orchestra music for anything......it's amazing what teenage boys will put themselves thru all for the love of a young lady....sighhhhhhhh.  I'd love to go as well but Matthew wouldn't deal well with the huge crowd and the noise.  So it's grillin and chillin for us!

I mentioned last night that I had a layout to share with you today.  It's not my usual style so consider yourselves warned!!!

I used this sketch from Nuts About Sketches.  I LOVE the hexagons but I mixed mine up a bit and used flowers, circles AND hexagons. Besides, ya'll know how I am with sketches.......they rarely turn out looking a lot like the original. Oh well.....what can I say? They spark my creativity.....lol. That's the story I'm goin with anyway!!!
 Here is my take!
I adore these photos!!! That is my cousin Tonya's baby bump :)  She's not expecting again, these are from when she was carrying little Nevaeh...she's the little doll I always scrap when I feel like doing a girly page :) The blonde here is her older daughter who is also just GORGEOUS! I really need to scrap her soon as well.......she is 14 and looks like she is 18!! EEEEEEEKKKKK!!!  And yes her daddy has a shotgun.....LOL

I used Echo Park's So Happy Together line....I am absolutely in love with everything about this collection.  The colors, the patterns and the TONS of stickers!!!  I feel like this is missing a little something so I may go back and add stitching.  I'm saving all of the layouts I have done for her and have bought her a scrapbook album of her very own and when it's full I will mail it up yonder to Ohio :)  Cuz,you know........I'm sweet like that :):):)

Frosted Designs had a fabulous Friday Challenge  to use circles on your project.  I have quite a few buried under all of those flowers.  Told ya I found a huge stash of them and have vowed I will be using them!!! I hope my boys like flowers....lol.  But just to show you that there are circles here is a close up shot ...
I left the journal spot blank so she can fill it in herself.

I added a bit o bling for the circle around her daughter, and my Letters are Dear Lizzy Thickers  in a bright and glittery berry kinda pink, the others come from Crate Papers Emmas Shoppe.  I love that the papers work so well with the photo!!

In addition to the contests mentioned above I'm also linking up to the following challenges:
1:  Scrap Much? It's a color challenge
2.  The Crafty Blogger Network Anything goes
3.  Papertake Weekly Anything Goes
4.  Allsorts Challenge Blog In Bloom


Thank you so much for dropping in tonight! Have a safe and happy 4rth!!!

Much Love
Tina

18 comments:

BrendaB said...

This is a beautiful page! I love the mix of flowers, circles and hexagons. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

yay for Jesse!! That's great news!! I loveeeeeeeee your lo! LOVING the photos and the flowers!!!!

Laura said...

such a fab layout, your photos are so sweet thanks for joining us at ScrapMuch?

karenw said...

It's the 4th here already so I wish you a happy day!! Always good news when you don't get work done at the dentist, I hope they all resolve themselves soon!

Love this Lo - would never have picked it for one of yours, always good to step out of your boundaries and this is totally gorgeous!!

xxx

Sarah said...

This is a great girlie layout! I love that you used flowers and circles in place of the hexagons! I love hexagons too, but I also really like making sketches my own which you totally did with this one! So glad you could join us @ Frosted Designs!

Eileen said...

What a great layout! I love that flower cluster, that banner and of course, those pictures!!! Such a fun and touching layout! Thanks so much for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?!!!

Teresa Jaye said...

wow Tina - this is gorgeous. Those pictures are amazing and your layout showcases them beautifully.
Glad the dental visit went not too badly!
Have a happy holiday today!

Karen Wilson said...

This is stunning, Tina!! Gorgeous photo's!

anita said...

awesome job! that would be one i would totally frame!

Mummy lade said...

awww, what a wonderful layout! Thank you so much for entering our flower challenge at Allsorts and good luck!

Jo said...

What a memory! A perfect page to scrapbook! Thank you so much for playing along at the CBN network challenge this week.. Hope to see you again soon!

Jo
CBN DT

Elaine said...

Absolutely beautiful! Your paper and colour choices really make your pictures pop. Stunning!! Thank you for playing along in our ScrapMuch? challenge.

Ashley Horton said...

Such beautiful photos and a beautiful layout to go along with them!! I love the pretty colors of the EP line and the way you incorporated your circles!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs!!

Angie said...

Fabulous page thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

Ange said...

Great use of the sketch, love the flower clusters! Thanks for playing along with us at NAS!

Jessica said...

What sweet photos and and beautiful page. I love all the flowers you used and you did a great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along at Nuts About Sketches.

Toni Herron said...

awww this is simply precious!
Love the photos! love the colours and layout! you have outdone yourself yet again!
I have enjoyed reading through your blog.. :)

from Toni..
http://toniherron.aussieblogs.com.au/

Eileen said...

Back again to say congrats on winning the ScrapMuch? colour challenge! --- Well deserved!