Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hold on tight....here comes the weekend!!!

Hello everyone!!! What a week this has been!!!  Having the holiday midweek has really messed me up....lol. We had a great 4rth tho!! No one ended up the night with a bottle rocket stuck in their butt so it was all good!!!

We spent most of the day out running around today.  We took Jesse out for lunch at Applebee's, he absolutely LOVES that place!!  Had a good time there just watching Jesse....I swear, that kid acts like he has never been anywhere!!  The waitress just fell in love with him so we got really good service :)  Turns out her son goes to school with Brandon.  Small world!!  

From there we had a couple of boring errands to run and then took Jesse to Kmart where he wanted to spend his savings on a pair of Hulk fists.  They are nothing more than huge green fists you slip on like boxing gloves and they have padding.  Well, Brandon told us they were like 3 bucks......we get there and ohhhhh nooooooo.  25 smackaroos!!  For foam fists that do absolutely nothing......you even have to make the ":HULK SMASH" noise yourself.....lol.  He was a bit disappointed, but I have a sneaking feeling he may get them for his birthday :)  Call it a hunch!!!  So we walked around and looked FOREVER!! Actually, he and I had a grand time playing in the toy aisle.....lol.  We had our hands on every single toy in there that made noise......lol.  Such fun!!!  Bob on the other hand was not and amused as we were and his patience was wearing thin........we look over him because he is getting old :) He and I are the same age but he is MUCH older than I trust me.....lol.  We settled on some little do hickey thing from Iron Man that attaches to your shirt.......and makes noise :)  WTG mom!!! LOL.  I give it a couple of days before his dad tries to take the batteries out of it....lol.

From there we went to the grocery........which is always a blast with a 7 year old in tow........especially when he has just gotten a new toy and wants to play with it but isn't allowed to wear it into the store.  Don't look at me!! Dad's fault!!!!!

So needless to say our grocery shopping was not a fun filled experience!!!

But the rest of the night has went smoothly......and I have some wonderful news!!!! My cousin Tonya from Ohio........the one whose baby I borrow for girly scrappy projects......they are looking into moving to Knoxville!!! Or at least in this general area!!!  I may get my hands on her little chubby faced angel yet!!  I am super excited......I would really love to have her here!!  Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Somewhere in the past day or so I did find a few extra minutes to whip up a couple of cards.  Again, this is something so outta of the norm for me...the style of them that is. But different is good :)  And they turned out beautifully!!

I used Frosted Designs card sketch for the first one.........
 
and used the Bella stack from DCWV.  It is so elegant!!  I really have no clue what I will scrap with it.......maybe I can steal someones wedding photos off facebook......lol.  Or sxave it for Jacob's graduation this year!! So hard for me to believe he is a Sr!!! 

Which brings me to quick funny story.........I posted some pix of him on facebook and a friend of mine commented on how much he has grown up.  I told her he was a handsome fella and got his good genes from at least one side of the family......guess which side....lol. And that it was so ahrd for me to face that I had a son graduating this year when I was just barely 21 myself.........one of Jacob's friends commented and asked if Jacob and i were dating!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

I said "Nope I'm his mom"!!!

That poor girl apologized and apologized to me...bless her heart!!!!  I told her I should be thanking her for thinking I was actually 21.......lol.  She tole me I really did look young in my photo........nope! Just real good with photoshop.........lol.  And yeah Jacob is dying that his mom is getting so much attention.......lol.

Ok....back to our regular programming!!!
Here is my take on the sketch......
And that beautiful black print is velvet!!! Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!

I threw another one together using the leftovers and came up with this little gem....
Both cards in less than 30 minutes!!! WOOOT!

Sharing this one @ Papertake Weekly-Anything Goes

Thats it!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend...be safe and be cool!! It's still muy caliente here!!!  Thanks for dropping by !
Tina

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Sounds like fun in the toy aisle! It's been a while since I've visited that particular place... my youngest is 14 now. I never had a problem with my girls 'noisy' toys, but JUST my girls. Can't say as I'm as tolerant of other kids toys. lol Your cards are beautiful! I may have to steal those ideas! Great job!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Woooo hooooo!! Cards in under 30!! YAYYYYYYYY!!! I loveeeeeeeee them!! And sounds like you have been busy! Those Hulk gloves crack me up!! lol!!

Scrappin Thread said...

I love that you were able to make a very clean looking card with such elaborately patterned paper. It really keeps the focus on the sentiment. It is gorgeous! And, I want to touch the velvet. :-) Thank you for using the sketch from Frosted Designs. Please play along again next time. Beverly

NGCARDS said...

A very pretty creation hun! Thanks for playing along this week at PTW! xxx

Tammy Ortiz said...

Great Stunning card and the coloring is perfect
We would like to thank you for Entering Chocolate, Coffee, & Cards Challenge.
Hugs from Tammy Ortiz - DT Digi Team for Chocolate, Coffee & Cards.