Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lasting Memories Layout Challenge 97-Digging For Gold

Hello crafty ones!!

It's  Sunday and of course that means we have a brand new challenge up and ready for you to tackle at Lasting Memories!! And let me take a moment to say I really LOVED the entries I saw last week for Dancing with the paws!! I seen sheep, pigs, iguanas, fish and I can't even remember what else! You guys are so creative!! All of you really deserved to win!  I hope you still have those creative juices flowing cuz this week we are Digging For Gold!!

We want you to dig thru your stash and goodies and pull out your gold accessories, charms, brads, ribbon, paper....whatever!!!

Lucky for me, I have been doing a lot of cleaning lately and came across a bunch of stuff that I wouldn't normally use that fit this challenge just perfectly!!! And I used this awesome sketch posted over at Delightful Inspiration this month for her sketch challenge........I didn't do it justice so I am gonna hang onto it and save it for future use :)  If you aren't a follower Of LeAnne's, check out her blog, challenges and kit club!!!  She is such a sweety pie!!

Here is her July Challenge Sketch....
And here is my feeble attempt at greatness.....lol.
I probably should explain my title, "Twas the month before Christmas"   it's a tradition in our house to kick off our Christmas decorating and tree trimming on Thanksgiving. Altho if it were up to me I'd keep the tree up all year long and decorate it accordingly for each month....lol.  Yeah, my guy doesn't much like that idea!  I'll be so happy when I get my craft room ready and can decorate how I want too!!!

In my digging and cleaning I came across these papers from Jenni Bowlin's Haven collection.  I absolutely love her stuff but they can be so difficult to scrap with for me.  So I just went with it and hoped for the best....lol.  This layout actually looks so much prettier in person! And the colors are kinda Christmas-y :)  My gold touches are the strip of paper, its gold and white swirly doo paisley kinda stuff (yes, that is the technical term for this design!!) I matted the photos on gold leaf paper, and found these gold glitter letters from an older GCD Studios collection.  The small letters are MLS.  

I think adding some stitching would go a long way in helping this layout "pop".  But it is what it is!!!

So.......you ready to do some digging for gold?????  As always you have til 9 pm Saturday to link em up so we can check out your awesome creations!!

In the meantime I am also playing along with the following challenges....check em out and maybe play along!!

ABC Christmas Challenge- "N" for Not a card
Creatalicious Challenges Christmas In July
Delightful Inspiration July Sketch Challenge
The Squirrel and The Fox Kids or babies (Jesse and Jacob are featured in this layout)

17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!!! I always decorate BEFORE Thanksgiving... so that title is PERFECT to me! LOL! I loveeeeeeeeee it!!

Zw@@n said...

What a great lay out. Pretty papers and composition. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Love, Wilma

Haven_mom4 said...

I think I'd go crazy if we did the tree that early. Our kitten kept dismantling the decorations and it was only up for the month of December

Christy said...

LOOOVE this!!!! So great :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great gold letters and touches to your layout. My mom use to have a small tree that she decorated every month.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous layout, love the gold words.
luv
Debby

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

The gold really pops, and what fun to celebarte Christmas in July! Thanks for joining us at Artful Delight.

glassgraffitix2 said...

HOW CREATIVE! A+ :)

Karen Wilson said...

I LOVE Christmas as well. My fav time of the yr and I go all out for it. Your LO is gorgeous and love how you did your title! Pretty 'golden'!!

happyglitzygirl said...

Lovely page, great LO, thanks for playing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde

Karen B. said...

Great use of glitter in the layout! Thank you for joining in on the sketch challenge at Artful Delight this month!

Elizabeth Campau said...

I have a hard time using Jenni too!!! Great layout. Love the title:)

Kimberly said...

love the gold lettering!!!

Samantha said...

Great Scrap layout love the pictures of decorating the tree! Thanks for Playing along with us this time for our N for Not a Card Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

You did a fabulous job with the sketch. I love your use of glitter. Thanks for playing along with us at Artful Delight!

Bettina L. said...

Wow this LO for Christmas is absolutely fabolous. Love the design with the sparkly letters and choice in papers. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge.Bettina xx

Carissa said...

Great take on the sketch and I love the way that you have done the title. Thanks for playing on the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Hugs, Carissa