Sunday, July 1, 2012

LMCB #95 - Red and White OR Red, White and Blue!!

Hello and Happy Canada Day to my friends way up north!!!! 
I'm a lil late in posting my layout today but lemme tell ya, it has been a doozy of a week for me.  But ya know, what doesn't kill me only makes me stronger....and it had better be able to outrun me too!!! 

It, has been soooooooooooo hot here!! I'm used to really hot summers in the south but not this early in the summer!! Today's high temp.....106 yucky degrees!!  I am actually looking forward to the big cool down this week when we are only in the mid 90's lol.

I'm not gonna keep ya long today........I promise :)

Ready for a new challenge week???  Feeling rather patriotic these days??? Well this week is is all about Red and White (Ohh Canadaaaaa!!) or Red, White and Blue!!   Your layout doesn't have to be a patriotic themed one....tho you can certainly go that route if ya like!! This is just a color scheme thing....pick one!!! It's that dang easy!!

I didn't read our DT directions properly (I do this with putting things together too...I'm as bad as a man!!) and didn't know we could go red and white or red and white and blue.......not that it really matters because red happens to be my favorite color!!! I'm happy either way :)

My layout is of my now 12 year old son Brandon......back when he was still such a cutie and didn;t make me wanna strangle him......lol.  He is hitting the terrible teens a tad bit early!! Attitude, attitude, attitude!!!! Where on earth does he get it from????? (looks around innocently)

I think he was about 7 here.  He was in a program at school about the founding of our nation and sang a few songs and acted out bits of history....very cute!!! I took this photo before we left :)
And for the record my base here is truly white!! I have no clue where that blue cast came from......maybe I have smurfs in my camera?!?!

My papers are a combo of Echo Park and Cosmo Cricket. The chipboard stars are covered with the same papers and I adhered a button to the center of each one just to give it a little extra something :)  I added faux stitching to the solid papers, and added a little banner....just because I absolutely love banners....lol.  I just stapled the red and whie bakers twine to the layout and cut strips of paper and nitched out a vee shape and glued and then folded over.....tada!!!! Banner basics 101 :)  The LOVE chippie is from K and Co and of course THICKERS!!!!!! I outlined them with red pen to make em pop a bit.....it shows really well in person, not so well on camera tho :(

We'd love for you to play along with us this week!!
You have until Saturday July 7th at 9PM to link r up!! We can't wait to see what you create!!!

Oh!!! And our challenge this week is being sponsored by A to Z Scrapbooking!!
WOOT!!!

I'm entering my layout in the following challenges......check out these awesome blogs and give em a try!!
1. Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge: Scrap your country or ethnic group
3, Paper Play Challenges flags, banners and pennants
4. The Sisterhood of Crafters Seeing stars
6. Love to create Anything goes
7. Just us Girls Stars and Sparkle
8,. Use your stuff  Button up

20 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeee your lo!! LOVING the stars and the banner!!!

Micki said...

that is a great page. Love how you kept it simple which really draws the eyes to the cutey pie in the picture. Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Sisterhood of Crafters for our "Seeing Stars" challenge.

glassgraffitix2 said...

AWESOME PAGE! You get another A+!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Fabulous layout! I agree with Micki ... love the simple design which really showcases your 'little' guy ... they sure grow fast don't they!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘SEEING STARS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

LOL Smurfs in your camera. So are killing me. Your layout is so awesome. Love all the pattern papers, the banner, the title and the big stars. Oh heck I guess I love it all. The picture is awesome and you did a great job!

Anne Pennington said...

Tina - this is an AWESOME layout. Loving the scraps of paper alongside the photo and loving the banner!! Thanks so much for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge ...

Leah (*BeeCherryLady*) said...

WAY cute!
I love the simple colors and how the lent to the photo really popping!
Its a wonderful design!
Glad to come by and Happiest 4th to you!

~Leah

Haven_mom4 said...

Great LO, love the banner and the stars. I'm not sure I'm ready for the teen years. My 12 yrd old has major attitude too.

Kim Price said...

This is such a great layout. I am totally loving those flags and the red and white colour scheme works so well with your design and photograph. Nicely done!

scapmanufaktur said...

Wonderful LO, love the banner and the scrapps next to the photo. Nice pic too!

Sandi Cl~ said...

What an awesome design~ Thanks for playing with us at SOUS and .. Happy Fourth of July!

Mandy said...

Fabulous page Tina, lovely piccy and LO.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Karen Wilson said...

So THAT'S where all the smurfs are hiding!!! LOL!! You're hilarious. Did you try taking it outside?

Love that pic and really love your title!!!

Maria Levine said...

Wonderful layout! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week.

Kimberly said...

Tina... love the LO - seriously you rock them

Jan Ltc said...

This is great thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

Tracey said...

Great layout.....love the simplicity and the great photo with the flag. Thanks for joining us at SouS!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Wow! You actually entered your page in 8 challenges...that's taking multi-tasking to a whole new level!
Loved your entry for Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge and LOL...your comment abt the smurf invasion just made my day :)

Karmeleiro said...

That's a fabulous, awasome design! I love the title of your LO! Thanks for playing with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge!

Mitra Pratt said...

DUDE! Smurfs! Love the stars and the banners, great title!

Thanks for playing along with us at AFSC!!!!

HUGS MITRA