Sunday, July 22, 2012

LMLC #98 Black and White with a Splash of Color!

Hello and happy Sunday!!

It's the start of a brand new week and that means a brand new challenge at LMLC!!  Be sure to check the main blog to see if your layout was chosen as one of the top 3 last week!  We had some amazing entries!!!  I just know you are gonna love this challenge too......black and white with a splash of color!  Fun right???? Black and white makes everything "pop" so I just know there are gonna be some seriously striking layouts this week!  I'm already blown away by what I have seen from my DT sistas!!

I struggled a bit with this one........not so much the color combo as just getting motivated.  I have had a bit of the moody blues this past week but I made myself complete this challenge and I;m so happy I did....color makes me so happy :)

I loosely based my LO on this sketch .....I'm not sure where it's from and apparently I have had it in my files for a while, because I have learned to credit my sketch sources since then......this was from before I knew better.....lol

And because I was having one of those :"I have nothing to scrap with moments" I used this super cool digi kit from Misty Cato called "Funky Chick"  How could I not love it with a name like that??? lol  As you can see it's bright and fun......Miaty is seriously creative and he kits are always amazing!
So here is my take on this weeks challenge......as you can see I may have used a b it more than a "splash" of color......but thats just how I roll :)
This isn't the photo I wanted to sue but I didn't have the one I preferred on the computer......so lucky you, you get to see me scrap this one AGAIN :)  

I combined our challenge with the latest word challenge at Bird Is The Word.  The word is "reach" and you can see it is in my quote......this is my outlook on life.  My life is so hectic and so chaotic that at times holding on tight is all I can do.  I guess it's working pretty well for me....I'm still here!!!

I hope you get a chance to play along with us this week! Be sure to check LMLC blog tomorrow for our Monday Mojo and check out how the rest of the gals worked their magic with this one!

And drop by BITW too...... their challenges are super fun and inspiring!!

I'm off to try to be productive.......doubt it will happen but I'm gonna try anyway!!
Have an amazing Sunday!!!
Tina

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME!!!! I always LOVE that photo of you... and loveeeeeeeeee the colors!! Perfect philosophy too!!!!

Haven_mom4 said...

Glad your still hanging in there. The pops of color are amazing.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great quote and a great layout. Love the bold colors especially the part that looks painted.

Ces dC said...

Love your splashes of color Ms Tina! And the layout. And the title. And the pic. How about EVERYTHING about it? LOL! Thanks for sharing! :D

glassgraffitix2 said...

It is so fun to compare two fantastic LO's!

Em said...

tee hee great philosophy I think I might live by that one. Thanks for sharing your fabbo digi at BITW. I have a free kit available to download over at my blog if your interested go grab it ;)
http://emisjustagirlwithideas.blogspot.com.au/

Torill said...

Love green!!!
And the words on this page I realy like!
Thanks for playing at BITW

Irini said...

love love love the colour combo so funky!
fab layout
fab philosophy!
I hear ya I am also 44 and sometimes I have no more patience left!
thanks for playing along with us at BITW
hugz
irini

Keren Tamir said...

I'm always so impressed with people who make digital layouts as I have no clue how to use the kits. great job and thanks for sharing at BITW

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Beautiful page,Thanks for playing at BITW

MARILYN said...

Beautiful page!!! Thanks for playing at BITW!!

Georgia Heald said...

Fabulous =) Just love the quote! Thanks so much for playing along with us at BITW =)