Monday, July 30, 2012

LMLC #99 We're Mining For Silver!!

Let's pretend this is morning and I am actually on time with my post shall we??? :)

Hellooooo and welcome to another fabulous Monday and another fabulous challenge at Lasting Memories!!
This week we are challenging you to use something silver on your layouts!  Trust me, this isn't as hard as it sounds!! This is the perfect opportunity to dig out those metal brads, charms, do dads and do hickeys and use them on your layouts.  Or get really wild and crazy and use something unexpected in a creative way, I have seen most of y'all creations....don't even try to tell me you aren't creative!!!

For my layout this week I dug out some really old papers and had a blast with all of the color!!!  So between all the color and the shine from my silver addition you may wanna put your shades on right now.......I will assume no responsibility for eye damage or blindness due to looking at my page.  You have been warned !!!!
I tried and tried to get a really good photograph but it was sunny outside (I take all my photos outside) ande as you can see the sun glinted off of my alphabets.......they are red chipboard alphas with silver outline around them from Cloud 9 Designs.  All the design papers are from American Crafts Travel Collection Paper Pack......I have 3 of these things and have never broke into any of them.  I got them at Marshall's for a steal!! $3 each!!! 60 sheets, 30 patterns! why have I not been using this stuff????  It's bright and fun and perfect for boy LO's!!   I have had them well over a year...maybe even 2 years.......and it has awesome chevron paper, hexagons......EEEEK!!! American Crafts was ahead of the times!!!!  

The black paper is Theresa Collins and the little word bits are fussy cut from one of her papers as well....Sports Edition I think.  I also added American Crafts thickers.  I kept embellishments to a minimum because there is so much going on with the papers.

The photos are Jacob playing Rugby last school year.  We are really pumped for rugby to start this year because the team is gonna be AWESOME!!  They were a first year team last year with barely enough people to play.  They had to forfeit a few games due to injuries........this year they will kick butt!!!  GO BOBCATS!!!

I also used this sketch from The Sampler !! Lots of room on this one for doin your own thing and still leaving the sketch intact.......which we all know is a problem I have......lol.
So.......see how easy it is to incorporate a lil silver into your layout?? Give it a try!!! You have til Saturday at 9 PM to link em up!!!

And I am entering the following challenges with this one :)
1.  The Sampler: sketch
2.  Come And get It Challenges; Anything but a card

17 comments:

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

I love your photos. great take on the sketch. thanks for playing with us at the sampler. hugs....nancy

Leslie McGhee said...

Great page. Love the strength in the pictures and the letters and paper you chose. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Come and Get It Challenge Blog this week.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and that title is WOW!!! LOVE IT!

Expressions By Elaine said...

Great job on you layout, love the papers!

Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges!

Elaine
PDEC DT

Faye said...

Such a cool layout! Ialmost feel bundled! Thanks for sharing at Cupcake. Good luck. x

Karen Wilson said...

Great pics, Tina! LOL about your pretending to be on time. You crack me up!! Have you tried taking the pics outside but standing up? Propped against something? Sometimes that helps. Great LO this week!!

Janis said...

Great layout! Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis

Lydia said...

Love the division with the chevron!! Great layout!

glassgraffitix2 said...

A+ again!

Michele said...

Love love love love this Tina!! Ha!! Monday is more on time than I can manage this week! Great Job Miss!! :-)

Cathy Clouston said...

Great layout! Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy challenges! :)

Haven_mom4 said...

Great layout this week even with the sun glinting off all the silver

Judy McKay said...

Nice scrapbook page layout. LOvely lettering. Thank you for joiining us at Come and Get it this week.

Delphine said...

Fantastic layout! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Kimberly said...

Tina... you rocked this again!! love the photos and yes... i think i need glasses now - so bright from all the silver - lol
:)

Marie said...

I love the layout! I love the zig zags! I love the bling the sun created on your alphas! I love title, too!!

Heather Landry said...

This layout is rockin' for sure! I love how shiny and bright it is. Absolutely awesome! Thanks SO much for playing along with us at The Sampler.