Sunday, July 8, 2012

LMLC96- Dancing With The Paws!

Happy Sunday my crafty friends!!

Before I get rollin with this weeks challenge I wanna apologize for not hitting everyone's blog to leave you a hello and a comment on your entries.  Our DT gets an email when a layout has been uploaded to the linky thing on the blog.....USUALLY!!! I only got a handful of them this week so I was extremely surprised when I checked our blog this morning to see who won and saw that there were 26 entries last week.  WHAT????? I have no clue what happened to my notifications.......this week I will stay on top of things!!

Now that I have that outta the way are you ready for this weeks challenge?? It's a super cute one!!   And you can feature your furry four legged family members :)

This week it's all about your pets! Actually any animals, if you are like me and you have no pets (unless you count my children,who act a buncha wild animals) you may have to get a little creative :)  Think zoo photos, wildlife or nature photos, maybe even stuffed animals?? I can rationalize pretty much anything......lol.

Now, I have a little back story to my layout.......aren't you lucky?? LOL.

One day last summer the boys and I were out riding around and we made a pit stop at a local grocery store to get a couple of cold drinks on a hot day.  And right there in the parking lot was the biggest cow I have ever seen.  Not a real cow......but a statue used for advertising purposes.  I dunno if you get Mayfield Dairy products where you are, but they are a local dairy and their stuff is everywhere you look here.  

So there was this cow as big as a building on a trailer so they could pull it, but they had just unloaded it in the parking lot, trailer and all, and left it unattended.

Hehehehehehehehehe!!!!!!

And of course, me being me, we got out and looked around it and then proceeded to touch, fondle and climb on the cow.....lol.  Luckily I had my cell with me so I could at least snap some pix. I got some of Jesse and some of Brandon.....none of them together tho :(  

So i decided to use Brandon in this layout, because he pointed out that there are way more layouts of Jesse than anyone else in the house.  Sigh.................sibling rivalry, ya gotta love it.

And without further ado......here is my layout for the Dancing with the Paws challenge!!!
Told ya.....thats one big cow!!!

All my papers are from Crate Paper's Toy Box.  I used some odds and ends from Bella Blvd, the title,and the chipboard.........which has a glare on it so it's not showing well in the photo.
I also added this cool burlap flower with some punched circles that I inked up and added a springy thingy under it.......lol.  It's really cool cuz it wobbles everywhere! I added pop dots to just about every layer here becuawse since the page is so simple I really wanted that extra dimension.  Again, I didn't get a photo to show that but you are ALL welcome to drop by here anytime you are in Knoxville to have a peek :)  

All in all I'm pretty happy with this one.  And I wanted to show you that if you don't have furry ones at home you can easily go another direction!!

So there it is!! As always you ahve until the coming Saturday at 9 pm to link r up!!!! I hope you will play along with weeks and do some dancing with the paws!!

And you will notice if you hop thru the DT pages that Elizabeth is out of the hospital and back with us this week!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!! Drop by her blog and welcome her back!!!

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!! That title is soooooooooooo funny for that pic!! This is AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeee the muted colors and the burlap!!! GORGEOUS!

Elizabeth Campau said...

WHat a perfect title! And yes I am glad to be home:) So Sorry I missed that cow when we we there in May! LOL Hmmm beeen there on the sibling rivarly picture thing..lol. Thanks for the smiles:)

Haven_mom4 said...

Great idea. I'm not very happy with my animals right now and if I weren't so itchy I might get a LO done to share. hard to craft and scratch at thye same time lol

glassgraffitix2 said...

Tina, how original! Love it!!!!!

Michele said...

Holy COW!!!!! You are right... that is one HUGE cow! I love what you did with this week's challenge. Creative you are!! Funny on the sibling rivalry about scrap pages. My kids do the same thing.. .so I've been neglecting their books and going for the family albums instead. Gotta catch up!! :-)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love this as it so brings back memories of being a kid. We used to travel a lot in the Summer since my parents were both teachers. We were always seeing weird things like this. Love the picture and the great title.

Christy said...

The burlap is an awesome touch!!!

Karen Wilson said...

Love the burlap!! What a fab LO and no kidding, that is one MASSIVE cow and your title is perfect!! I don't have that rivalry bc Andrew hates getting his pic taken. His are mostly sneak pics!!

(Mr Linky no longer has the email option unfortunately, so you just have to keep chk'ing in)

Kimberly said...

lol - love it!!! what an opportunity!! great Lo - love the burlap and the title!!!