Thursday, July 19, 2012

Missing Mojo......reward for it's return!!!

Hello my crafty friends!

The weekend is almost here and all I can say is "thank goodness!!!"  This has been the longest week in history!  Or at least that's how it feels.  And at our house we have officially began the "back to school countdown!!"   I never thought I would hear nay of the boys say they were looking forward to going back to school!  But oddly enough, they all are!!  Tomorrow is Matt's last day of summer school and then we have right around a month til school starts back up.  I'm hopeful that this last month can pass with minimal drama and we can actually get out and emjoy what's left of the summer.  

I'm still not used to Bob's schedule.......he's pulling 12 hour days 6 days a week.  But it's a paycheck right?  At least now I think we are going to be able to keep the house.  My biggest fear was being homeless with 5 kids.  Once school starts I will be home all alone for most of the day......after a week or so of that it will begin to drive me crazy.....lol/.  So I am going to use that time to think about what I want to do and either go back to school or look for a job.  I still don;t know what I wanna do when I grow up....lol.

The past few days I haven't felt like doing much crafting or creating.  Of any kind!  It's like my mojo ran away from home or something, not that I blame it!  I feel that way quite often myself :)   Last night I forced myself to sit and make a couple of simple cards.  Sometimes that helps to snap me out of it.......I'm going to attempt to tackle a layout a bit later so I am crossing my fingers that it worked!!

As I mentioned, these are super simple cards.  But they turned out quite cute! I am going to pull out some stamps and experiment later.  I have a ton of stamps that I never use, yet I can't stop buying them.  Sounds like some sort of crafty mental disorder huh? lol  No stamping on either of these....just using up some scraps I have laying around  and knocking out a couple of Christmas cards.  Come December I will be thankful I did this :)

First up is the sketch from the Merry Monday Challenges at Always Playing With Paper.  I thought it would work well for The Sampler Kit Club's challenge to use circles.
I dug back deep into my stash for this one......the paper is from a MME Christmas glitter pad that I bought several years ago from Scrapbook Steals.  The round stickers are from Pebbles (a box of goodies I won from them a year or so back)  and the stockings are fussy cut from a sheet of  Crate Paper.  I really like how it all came together!
Also entering this one at
Creatalicious Challenges Christmas in July
Clear It Out Challenges Christmas in July plus use red or green
The Paper Shelter Anything Goes

The next one is a clean and simple one that is truly unlike most anything I make.....I can't do white space layouts to save my life and CAS cards don't come easily for me either......I love to glue and stick things all over em....lol..  This one is based on this sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping.

Nothing here except American Crafts card stock and Remarks Snowflakes.  The embroidery floss is just some stuff from my stash and the "Joy" sentiment was created using alpha letters from Echo Park.

Am entering this one at Love to Create (3 of something challenge....3 snowflakes)
Creative Belli Blog Christmas in July

Now..............I'm off to ATTEMPT to create a layout or 2!!!!! I thank you so much for visiting me today and for taking a moment out of your day to listen to me ramble and to drop a comment.  It means so much to me and i love reading every single one of them!!!

Have an awesome night!!
Tina :)


5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your cards are FABULOUS!! I love love love the stockings and the snowflakes!! I hope you have a great weekend!!!!!

lauren bergold said...

lovely holiday cards! so fresh and fun and festive! ♥

~ Sharon ~ said...

Your cards are wonderful. I'm finishing up a week of vacation so I envy your home alone time. I think I could honestly do this all the time and not get bored. Thanks for joining us at the Clear It Out Challenge Blog.

Crafty and Green said...

Beautiful!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Love to Create Challenge!! Come back and Play with us again really soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Laura W said...

Great cards, you definitely have your mojo back :) I'm in the same boat for September..what to do? Thanks for playing along at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog