Thursday, August 2, 2012

I "heart" Coffee!!!!

Ahhhhhhhh yes..............you are in for quite the treat today! Another caffeine fueled , rambling post from yours truly .  Life doesn't get much sweeter does it? :)  Um, you don't have to answer that!!!  I might not like the response!!

Good morning my crafty friends!!  I've been up and at em since 4:30 AM! Yup indeed! And for once it's on purpose!!!  School will be starting back here in a couple of weeks so I am trying to get my bedtime sorted out and get used to getting up early.  I don't think it's actually gonna happen tho, because as cheerful as I seem right now I am sooooo not a morning person!!!!  My perkiness and sunny disposition are brought to you this morning by COFFEE!!!!! I can guzzle a lotta java in 3 hours!!!  And I like the high octane sorta coffee that eats away half of the spoon.....that's what I'm talkin about!!!!  I have decided to start getting up when Bob gets up for work so it won't be so difficult when school starts.  And actually I rather enjoy the quiet time before the kids wake for the day.  So this could be a good thing!!!

Tuesday was Bob's day off.....one day a week just ain't cuttin it.  he's working 6 /12 hour days a week.  And I know driving a cab isn't difficult or strenuous work, mentally it's a booger to deal with traffic, idiot drivers and crazy cab fares.  Apparently some of the stuff you see on Taxi Cab Confessions is tame compared to real life.  So my stress level is pretty well amped up as well....first I was worried about whether we could actually pay our bills with his income.....and I am in constant fear of him being robbed or murdered or something.  Yeah......probably too many episodes of things like CSI and Law and Order!  We spent most of the day running errands and then had lunch at a little pizza place called Brixx.......if you have one in your area they are AWESOME!!!!!  It was nice to have a little one on one time away from the kids too :)
\
I have a big pile of scrappiness to share with you today!  The pile would be bigger but I have actually lost a layout and a kit.....how do you do that??? So, after I get off here I am gonna clean all my scrap piles and shelves out and search high and low for them! I'm absent minded but this is the first time I have ever misplaced a layout!!! GEEEZE!!!

Cards up first today....start small and work my way up :)

I made this lil cutie with my last bits of  MME Sunny Side.  I've used all the paper but still have embellies....which is ODD! So they will be turning up on projects in the future because they are just too dang cute not to use!
I used this sketch....
And am entering the following challenge/challenges
2. Crafty Creations: Cool Summer Treats

And then this one.....
Some of the words are upside down on purpose.....lol.  The Paper is from Me and My Big Ideas Happy Birthday pad and the dimensional cupcakes are American Crafts Remarks....aren't they cute???

There was a sketch but for the life of me I can't find it....sighhhhh!

I'm entering this one here:

And for my LO....I went bright and bold again with the American Crafts travel paper.......I am lovin this!!!!  The colors make me so happy!!
I added some huge colorbok raw chipboard letters and mixed em up cuz i wanted a funky feel to it.  I cheated and colored them in with a lack sharpie tho......with all the pattern work it needed something solid to anchor the layout so I also outlined some of the paper edges with it.  It really made the page POP! I journaled on plain white strips and outlined them as well and just stuck em on and I used the polks dot patterned paper to fill in the negative space of the letters.

I used Julie Bonner's sketch that was posted at Boy's Rule.
Entering this one at:

Thanks for hangin in there with me this morning.....now, if I find that other layout I shall return!!!

Hugs n stuff :)
Tina

17 comments:

TwinkleToes2day said...

OMGoodness!! You have been so busy! I don't get thAt many items done in a week never mind a morning! What coffee you on, I need to get me some! lol Not the same as a layout, but I've 'lost' a new pack of pearl gems. Sheesh! Are we sure 'Gremlins' are make-believe!? :0)

Tonya said...

What a fun ice cream card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CTO.

BugBites said...

wow- you have been buys. love the little ice cream cone. super sweet.
TFS with us at CTO this week.

Adrian said...

Very nice! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love your cards and your lo!!! I loveeeeeeee that tray of cupcakes on your second card!!!! You are rockin' the cards girl!!!!!

Elizabeth Campau said...

Wow Tina! I wish I could get this much down in a week!!! Love the cards and the LO is to die for:) Good luck on keeping up this schedule. I will admit I get up early just to have the me time!

debby4000 said...

Loving the cards and the layout is fabulous.
luv
Debby

Esther said...

Darling ice cream creation!
Love your other projects also :)
Thanks for joining CTO this week!

Wedgie said...

Gorgeous cards, love the retro feel.

Thanks for joining us at Celebrate the Occasion this week, Rachel xxx

Joy said...

Your rocked the zig zag challenge with that layout. Awesome! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week on the Use Your Stuff blog :)

Diane said...

Thank you for entering the latest challenge at the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog.

Corrinne Quinn said...

The idea is CAS, but with those colors & patterns it really POPS - Fantastic & yummy work you have there :)

I invite you to play with us at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com for our current challenge, which is ICE CREAM!

Happiness,
Corrinne

Teresa Jaye said...

WOW! you've been busy and full of cuteness! Love how you filled in the letters on "shades" - awesome idea!
So sorry you didn't win the HD - so close :(
Good luck finding the missing layout!

Dilsaver Designs said...

What a great combination of DP's and I love your ice-cream image, great card! Thanks for joining us @ CTO for our "Ice Cream" challenge :)

Karen Wilson said...

Wow girl - what the heck kinda coffee you drinkin'? You did all this in ONE morning?? My hubby says he loves getting up early and really enjoys the quiet time. I'm with ya on not being a morning person!! School does me in till we get in a routine. Great cards and LO!! Great job!

Toni Herron said...

Fantastic post! You have been busy! :)
Great projects and Love the shades layout!
thanks for sharing!! :)

Plastic cards said...

These are so nice cards. Best design with perfect color. Thanks for sharing.