Monday, August 20, 2012

LMLC #102 It's cool to be cool!!!!

Good Monday morning and welcome to another great challenge with Lasting Memories!! It's Cool to be Cool!! 

Before I explain the particulars of this weeks challenge I wanna take a moment to wish a very special person a Happy Birthday!!! You recognize him I'm sure!!! I'm sharing a layout of his newborn photo and you can see what he looks like now!
My baby boy Jesse is 8 years old today!!!! And he has informed me that now that he is 8, he won't need to go thru our nightly tucking in routine, which is actually a very elaborate high five, hand jive,elbow bumping, knuckle touching,hug and kiss.......THEN he gets tucked in.......lol.  We'll see tho!! Last night he was curled up in my lap watching tv and the kid is almost s tall as I am!!!  And I just love this photo too :)

Okie Dokie artichokie!! This weeks challenge is all about summertime! How do you keep cool? I think most of the country has had record breaking heat waves this year.  I know it's pretty typical for summer's in the south to be hot and humid and just plain miserable, but we are for sure not used to temps well over 100!!  100 plus degree temps with 90 percent humidity made for a longgggggggggg summer!!  We did get out a few times and get near the water but for the most part we stayed in under the A/C!  And it shows, I think we all gained about 20 lbs over the summer!!

So, how do you handle the hot days of summer? Head to the lake? The pool? Chill on the porch with a cold one?? Scrap it and show us how you keep cool!!  

Here's a page I created using a photo of Jesse when he was a itty bitty feller :) Not even 2 yet here!!! Wasn't he just the cutest thing????? Look at the expression on his face!!!
Keepin cool in his kiddie pool!!! hard to believe he was ever this small!!!

Here's the sketch I used from Nuts About Sketches!
I used Fancy Pant's Rusted Sun collection. and inked all of the edges with Momento red ink to make the papers pop.  I also did something I have never done before.......stamped directly only my layout!! And yes it was terrifying.....LOL.  I was scared to death I would mess it up!!  But I'm glad I got over the initial fear because I definitely want to do more of this!!

We'd love to have you join us at Lasting Memories and play along this week! Show us how you keep cool! This is a great opportunity to get some of those summer photos scrapped!.  You have til Saturday at 9PM to link em up!!!

And I am linking to the following challenges/sites ....feel free to check em out and combine challenges where it is allowed!

OH!!! Come back a bit later today because I have some info you may be interested in about a new blog and a DT call!! It's a very exciting opportunity you won't wanna miss!!!

Thanks for visiting!
Tina :)

1.Crafts 4 Eternity: Splish Splosh, Splash! (water themed projects)
2. Paper Issues Summer Lovin
3. Seriously Creative: Summer Sunshine
4. Use your stuff: HOT HOT HOT!!
5. Shopping Our Stash: Technique Challenge...try something new (stamping on layout)

19 comments:

jimlynn said...

Great layouts and photos! Really like all the colors you used on these too.
They grow up so fast - cherish each moment!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash.
Lynn

Haven_mom4 said...

Happy birthday to your big boy. Love the layouts.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a great layout. These kids sure grow up TOO fast. I really love this, and thanks for stopping by to say hello.
Blessings,
Karen

ms.espresso said...

both your layouts are great! Thanks for playing along with our Seriously Creative Challenge this month :)

Hill Top Creations said...

Well done and thanks for joining us at Creative Accents.. Take Care

pinky said...

Love it. What a sweetie. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
Pinky

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy Birthday Jesse!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the lo's of him!!! Sooooooooo cute cute cute!! I loveeeeeeeeee that FP paper on the 2nd one!!!

Lynne said...

I enjoyed looking at your layouts. Really nice. Thank you for taking part in the Use Your Stuff challenge "HOT HOT HOT!".
Lynne

Michele said...

Happy Happy Birthday to your not so little one!! :) My little guy is 6... and he still lets me kiss him and tuck him in... not sure how I will handle it when he doesn't want that. :( Anywho... love your layout... and that you stamped on it!! Way to go!! You stamped the title I see... and looks like you masked those background suns?? Looks great Miss Tina!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Happy birthday to Jesse. They grow up so fast. I love both your baby layout and your pic and layout of his expressions. The granddaughter I babysit is always making the cookiest faces too. Anyway great layout.

Denise Pustelniak said...

A+ as usual!

Denise Pustelniak said...

BTW love your new blog design!

michele said...

Thank-you so much for sharing your fabulous layout with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Berit Synnøve said...

Wonderful layout and pictures.
Thanks for joining Crafts 4 Eternity.
Hugs Berit

alicaz said...

Great pages! Fab layouts and papers too!
Yeah, kids grow up fat - my daughter just turned 10 yesterday! ;)

Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Kimberly said...

once again... amazing lo!!
love the look on his face!

Roxy said...

Happy b-day to your little man, and love both your layouts, so sweet! Thanks for joining in our Seriously Creative Challenge this month, hugs, Roxy.

Plastic Card said...

The most precious day in a year is one of the birthday. Happy b-day! and nice layouts. I appreciate this.

Sarah said...

These layouts are fabulous! I just love the summery feel of the second one! It's hard to believe that strapping boy was once so little eh? They grow up so fast, it's kinda sad! Thanks for joining us @ SCC!