Monday, August 27, 2012

LMLC # 103 A Summer's End


Happy Monday and welcome to another fun challenge week with Lasting Memories!!!  

For most of in the U.S. it's back to school time! If you are a parent you probably counted down the days until your little angel returned to the classroom starting with week one of summer vacation.....lol.  This year, for the first year in I dunno how long, I actually enjoyed just about every minute of summer break.  Maybe that happened when your kids get older??  We had a great summer but the boys were bored to death the last few weeks and were actually happy to return to the classroom......that is so wrong on so many levels and  I'm sure it violates some sorta kid code!!

Classes have been in full force for a couple of weeks here now and I think even the college kids are back in town this week......and now we are counting down the days til football time in Tennessee!!

So, for those of you who don't live in the south........the start of college football pretty much marks the end of summer, even tho we will still have 80 and 90 degree weather well into October......lol.

And for this weeks challenge we are focusing on the end of summer! Think of it as a class assignment....... "What I did on my summer vacation"!! Remember those? 

Maybe you celebrated the kids going back to school with a little party or cookout?  Or took and end of summer trip or vacation? A family reunion? Or maybe there is something else that signifies the end of summer for you and your family? It can pretty much be anything!!

My family stayed close to home this summer.....I didn't really feel up to mortgaging the house for a tank of gas to go across country ya know? And besides....we live in BEAUTIFUL East Tennessee!! 30 minutes from the Great Smokey Mountains and all of the fun and touristy stuff up in Gatlinburg.....why would I wanna go anyplace else???? :)

One of our favorite trips this summer was to the lake.  Most of the boys had never been fishing and we spent all day soaking up the sun and fishing and had a nice little picnic.  Simple? yeah....but so fun and FREE!!!! And Jesse came back with a great story for his "what I did this summer" assignment!! His very first fishing trip EVER!!! Once I got his pole ready to go I also had to bait it (who knew boys were afraid of worms???) AND I had to cast it out for him.......less than a minute in I am helping Brandon put a hook on his line and Jesse starts yelling that he has a fish..........yeah right!!!

Well, he did!!! And he totally froze up and had no clue what to do.......lol.  So good ol mom reeled him in and he had an awesome sized rainbow trout on his line!!!!!
How cool!!!!  And then he start squealing "I gotta fish!!!!" Ahem......

I put his hook on, baited it, cast it out and reeled it in......but HE caught it!!!

Typical male perspective!!!! :)

He was so excited I didn't have the heart to disagree with him..........now if it had been my 16 yr old he would never hear the end of it.......lol.

So that's what I scrapped this week! Jesse and HIS fish!!!


I used Echo Park's Splash collection and multiple alphas that came with the kit for my journaling......just to make it fun :)  I don't know how well it shows, but there is a LOT of foam tape to pop up the stickers.  I think that is my favorite thing about Echo Park's stuff....they always include a ton of stickers in their kits and I get so much more mileage out of their stuff than most companies for that very reason. 

I decided the fishies needed some googly eyes.......and in some cases the eyeballs are as big as the fish....lol. And I wish I could remember who sent me that darling felt cloud.......it's a Basic Grey Woolie and it's oh so cute in person!!! It's inspired me to go out and buy some felt and make my won little embellies like this!!!

So that's my end of summer story and layout!!
You had to know I would have a long rambling story behind my layout....I always do!!! :)

So....whatcha waiting for???? Grab those scrappy supplies and get movin!!!
Don't forget we still have our end of the month giveaway coming up and this counts as an entry towards the  awesome My Memories Suite digital scrapbooking software!

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD That's not all!!!!!

We are looking for a few GDTs!! Our Sept slot is still wide open and we want you!! Yup!! When you link your creation up please be sure to include GDT after your name so we know you are interested.  This is an awesome team and I'm tellin ya.......they let me on the team full time so surely they can put up with you for one month!!!  After putting up with me anyone else is a welcome distraction :):)

I'm linking my layout with the following:
Clear it Out Challenge: Inspiration (inspired by summer!! and the below challenges)
Papercraft Star: Holiday or vacation
Seriously Creative Summer Sunshine
The Happy Scrappers Sports (fishing is definitely a sport in the south!!)
Crafting for all Seasons: Stitching (on my cloud)
Go Fish: Summer Theme/Photo Challenge
Shopping Our Stash: Any sketch I used this sketch from Nut's About Sketches

25 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Summer is a lovely inspiration that's for sure! Love your layout. So much detail and cute fishing photos! The Clear It Out stash item this time around is--use something glittery. I can't tell from the photo and didn't read it on your blog but if you get a chance post a comment as to what your glittery item is. That way you can qualify for a chance to win the Clear it Out prize for this challenge. :) Thanks for joining in on our challenge.
Sandy
sandy's crafty creations

Michele said...

So cute Tina! You get a little credit for the catch of that fish!! :) Love the googly eyes on the fish at that bottom of your page! Adorable!!!

alicaz said...

What a great page! Perfect layout and I love those googly eyed fish and the felt cloud too!
Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Elizabeth Campau said...

The googly eyes on your fish are awesome! What a wonderful "fish" story too! So dd he gut it and cook it?

Emily C said...

I cant believe how big he has gotten. It is crazy to think I have followed your blog for enough years that I am seeing your kids grow up.

Barbara Godden said...

Super page, wonderful picture to look back on too. Thanks for joining us at Clear it Out.

Denise Pustelniak said...

Tina, like I said A++! Love the journaling & the googly eyes!

Leslie Hanna said...

What a fun story! And yeah, of course he took all the credit. :)

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Tina this is one incredible layout. Love the colors, the googly eyes on the fish, the different text on the journaling and the great pics. Definitely love the pop dotting on the waves too. Just love it!

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous LO! love the photo's and the googly eyes on those fish and yes fishing is a sport over here too

Thank you for joining us at The Happy Scrappers for our *Sports* challenge
Hope you will join us again
Hugs Shaz x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!!! LOVING those photos, the title work and loveeeeeeeeeeee the little fish!!! too cute!!!!

Chrissy said...

LOL! I loved fishing as a kid and still do. I've taken my kids fishing and they love it too! And that trout is awesome....and delish! :D

Lynn's Place said...

Thanks for joining us at clear It Out...awesome job on being inspired...tfs

Lori said...

So fun - love how you put the journaling together!

Carol said...

A fabulous layout Tina, great design and the googly eyes are fun. Thanks for joining us at Happy Scrappers this month and hope to see you again soon. Carol x

Mynnette said...

What a super fabulous layout! LOVE the stitched cloud and your cut out journaling is so amazing! :)

Roxy said...

Oh wow, totally awesome page, love the mixed title and your googly eyes! Thanks for joining us at Seriously Creative Challenges!

Kate said...

That is an Awesome LO! Great Pictures. Thank you for joining us over at GoFish! Challenge Blog.

Hugs,
Kate
GoFish DT
Scrappers Creative Corner

Sarah C said...

Oh my goodness, I love this!!! The colors, the fish and the really cool use of text all come together perfectly. Great job and thanks for playing at the Go Fish Challenge!

Cathy said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I love your lo and those fish with the google eyes are awesome.

Jane Songhurst said...

Wonderful LO, I remember enjoying a bit of fish as a child & my sons enjoyed it too.
Thanks for joining us over on the Happy Scrappers challenge blog
Jane x
[DT]

Karen Wilson said...

Oh this took me back .. it was 1984 and I was fishing off the dock at my grandparents. They were in the house, I was on the dock and after a few casts, I thought I would just drop it by the dock and see if maybe there was something hiding under the boat. Sat on the dock to put my feet in the water and BAM!! BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Picture this child, I was 11, freaking out and screaming HELP! Grandpa HELP!! Not knowing what the heck to do with this THING on the end of my line lol. Grandma and Grandpa came a running, had to run back and get a net - I had a 5-6 lb bass on the line!! So, after a good fight, we reeled that (poor) sucker in and grandpa wrapped it in tin foil and put it in the freezer and it's stuffed (my mother was into taxidermy at the time) on the wall at my parents place. What a hoot. Only thing is, she painted it to so it doesn't even look real now! LOL!

Awesome page .. GREAT shots and nice catch MOM lol (hey I do my own baiting etc!!)

Sarah said...

Oooh! You got another summery layout done! I'm lovin the waves and those pictures are awesome! I am sooo loving EP these days! Thanks for playing along so much with us this month!

Jen Christoffersen said...

What a fun story and layout! I like the "woolies" too! Thanks for playing along with our inspiration challenge at Clear It Out!
Jennifer - Clear It Out DT

Carol said...

Me again, just to say thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x