Friday, September 28, 2012

Digitally Sweet Challenges #4 Ribbons!

TGIF!!!  Oh my goodness, I know I say this every week but this week I am especially thankful!!!

You did an amazing job with the sketch last week so this week we are making things easy on ya! So this week's challenge at DSC is a relatively easy one......just add ribbons! I love adding digital ribbon! If only I could get my real ribbon projects to cooperate and lay like they do digitally.....if I could I'd probably use them a lot more often! There is just something about adding ribbon to a digi layout that pulls the whole thing together. Or at least I think so :)

I had a lot of fun creating this layout and it's one of those rare gems that come together almost effortlessly.  The real star is the photo tho.......seriously :)  I am getting quite the rep as a "Facebook bandit"......lol....meaning I often snag photos of family and friends from their Facebook profiles and use them....and yes they know......lol. My cousin told me she actually giggles when she is uploading photos and says to her hubby, "Ohhh I hope Tina will scrap this one!!" And this is one of those that as soon as I saw it I went for it......lol.
Just look at that face!!!! OMGosh!!!!  This is what I love about little ones :) That's her proud daddy, Rob (who is a NUT btw.......fits in perfectly with our family.....lol) and altho he isn't quite as excited as she is, you can see the pure joy in his face as he watches his baby girl.  I just love this kid to pieces and I have never even met her.....

I used the coolest kit for my layout, 
In my mind Julie Billingsley and Eva Kipler are digi designing rock stars!!  I love and own many of their individual kits....so when they collaborated to do "I Believe I Can Fly" I was all over it!!!  It may still be available at Sweet Shoppe Deesigns......check it out!!  It reminds me so much of an Echo Park kit  and makes me smile every time I look at it :)

I created it my layout using PSPX and the journaling font is "A Year With No Rain" Kinda depressing sounding huh? lol  But it's super cute and reminds me of a child's handwriting. And in case you are having trouble finding my ribbons......I have ribbon flowers, some string and a couple of traditional looking ribbons in a solid and gingham.

I thank you so much for dropping in and visiting with me today!  I'm caught up for another week so I think I am gonna play a bit and find some challenges to tackle  before they end on Monday!!  Have a great day and enjoy your Friday!!!

Hugs n Stuff :)
Tina

5 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

awesome digital layout!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors, the cloud and that photo is sooooooooooooooo sweet!!!!!!!!

Denise Pustelniak said...

You really showcased this LO! That face is just priceless! You get another smiley face!

Tracey Sabella said...

Gorgeous work with the digi's!! This photo is so delightful and so perfect to work with this kit!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Heather Landry said...

That layout is too cute! The look on her face is absolutely priceless. I think she likes it!!! LOL P.S. I'm a total Facebook photo bandit too. Nothing wrong with that!