Friday, September 14, 2012

DSC #2 Anything goes w/flowers!

Helloooo Friday and welcome to another fun filled challenge at Digitally Sweet!

I am absolutely floored by the response to our new challenge blog!! So many of you played along and created such awesome layouts!!  I'm so impressed!! And I must apologize for missing some of your creations and not commenting on every single entry.  I still have Jesse home with me, he has been sick with bronchitis and has been quite the demanding little patient  Today marks 2 weeks of missed school, 2 Dr's visits and a medication switch and he is FINALLY feeling better!!  Still coughing a lot but he didn't lay down for a 4 hour nap yesterday so that is a good sign!!!  I thank you all for your prayers and well wishes!  It's back to school for him on Monday and I can have my creative time back!!!.   I'll try to go back over the weekend and hit the entries I missed, AND I have a ton of  blog comments I am gonna try to reply too as well.  Don't ever think I don't appreciate each and every one of your comments, because I most certainly do!!!! 

Our challenge at Digitally Sweet this week is still an "Anything Goes" theme......so long as it goes with flowers!!  Y'all rocked last weeks inaugural challenge and I have no doubts you will rock this one too!  And guess what....I actually aid attention this week and did the right challenge.....GO ME!!!

This one was a whole lot of fun as well........I still have a bit of digi rust so bare with me as I get my skills back up to snuff! And I feel I really need to stress the importance of saving your work as you go.....my program crashed on me yesterday as I was putting this together and I lost it ALL and had to start over.  I'm certain a four letter word or several dozen of them flew out of my mouth......lol. It turned iout to be a blessing tho because my original idea was just not working for me.  So I went a different direction and LOVE it!!

I want you folks to meet my 17 year old son Jacob and his g/f Chloe :)  I snagged this photo off of his facebook and think it is just the cutest!!!
And I love that quote gt the bottom, it was part of the kit, which believe it or not, was a freebie from Ju Kniepp Designs called "Love IS A Verb"   You MUST check out her blog, because she has some really awesome designs and FREEBIES available.  Perfect for those of you just beginning to dabble in digital scrapping!  And her style is just amazing!!!  

Here's a close up if the kit......if you love it as much I did, it is available for download on her site!
And as always I created my layout using Corel Paint Shop Pro X!

I promised everyone  a post about whee to find cool free stuff to scrap with and tutorials to get you started.......with everything that has been going on I haven't quite got around to it but I promise it is coming!!!

I hope you will join us for our second Digitally Sweet challenge! Remember........anything goes PLUS flowers!!!! :)

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such a sweet photo and loveeeeeeeeee that wood grain background!!! Hope he feels better soon!!!!

Kelly Massman said...

That is REALLY cute!!!!

Elizabeth Campau said...

Beautiful layout:) Love the netting and that look on her face is just too precious!

Karen Wilson said...

You love those FB pics don't you! Love this one, it's a cutie pic! Great LO this week and I love that quote, it's so true.

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love that pic! How were ever able to get this pic?! Love the way you put together your LO (Oh BTW, A+++++)

Squiggle_Pig said...

what an excellent photo and a beautiful page... I love that kit and will be looking it up x

Dragonlady said...

This is a grogeous kit, and I really love that photo - says so much!

Hugs Ali x