Friday, September 21, 2012

DSC #3........layout/sketch challenge

Good morning boys and girls!! Sorry this is late, the kids have a day off from school and it has totally thrown me off, I thought today was Saturday!!  Ya know, I don;t remember having this many days off when I was in  school....or maybe it's just that, as a mom, I don't look as forward to days off as I used to???

We are having a magnificent response to DSC!! I am so glad so many of you have already discovered us and are coming over to play!  keep telling your friends about us cuz the more the merrier!!!

Also, I hate to be the party pooper but we had had several entries last week that were truly awesome but we had to disqualify them because they weren't 100% digital :(  So just to clarify the rules a bit......your project must be 100% digital.  Meaning that once you print it out....it is no longer digital.  Kinda confusing I know.....but once it passes thru the printer technically it is a hybrid project.    I know there are a lot of challenges out there for card making and such where you print out the digital stamp and color as you would an inked one and go on from there.  At some point we MAY do a challenge like that....but for now......all digi.  And actually that saves you a step so you have more time to create even more awesome projects!!!  

This week at DSC we have a layout sketch for you to take on!  Feel free to amke it your own.......add lot of embellies or keep it clean and simple, flip it, turn it.......whatever!  So long as we can see the inspiration or you can explain what you did to change it you're good :)    

Here's the sketch......
And my version........believe it or not I managed to keep it clean and simple!!!
That's a photo of Bob and I from a couple of years ago.......I look pretty much the same, his salt and pepper hair has now turned totally white........and let me say now that his gray hair is in no way my fault!!!! I mean cmon......do you think I would be THAT hard to live with??? (grins)  We are both 44 and people always think I am 10 years younger and he is 10 years older.....so long as they don't think I look older than I am I'm good.....lol.

I created my layout with Corel PSP X.........it's pretty much all I use with the exception of PS elements from time to time.   And i used a couple of different kits here...

The blue background paper came from
My cluster frame...
And other bits from...
So there ya have it.....I can't wait to see what you come up with!!! It's always fun to see these kinds of challenges cuz I love to see how other people make the sketch their own :)  Lookin for to seein ya link em up this week!!! And tell your friends to play along too!!!

9 comments:

Ann Cutts said...

Great page Tina - love the sentiment with the heart - really cool and of course we all believe the grey hair is totally not your fault.
Ann xxx

Squiggle_Pig said...

Love this...
And as for the grey hair? It comes to us all... well mine is just hidden with help of dye xx

Denise Pustelniak said...

Truly a lovely LO! you get another smiley face!

Tracey Sabella said...

Gorgeous digi LO!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your page is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love love love the title and loveeeeeee that heart!!!!!

Dragonlady said...

Fantastic Tina, love the frame and the gorgeous pic of you and your other half.

Hugs Ali x

Teresa Jaye said...

Love this layout! (after the challenge is over - you should print it out and frame it!)
and look at you chosen for yet another design team - you rock!

Heather Landry said...

It's ALWAYS good to seem younger than you are. LOL Your layout turned out wonderfully. I love pages with lots of white space.

Karen Wilson said...

This is gorgeous, Tina. I love that heart!!

Just to clarify - once this page is printed, it's still digital :) Has no paper on it! You should definitely frame this!!