Sunday, September 16, 2012

LMLC # 106.....Sketch challenge with a twist!

Hellooo and Happy Sunday!!!!!!
 And it should be a VERY happy Monday for me since my baby boy is going back to school!!!!!
 2 weeks at home with Bronchitis! He still has a lingering cough but I am crossing my fingers that we can make it thru the school day tomorrow!! And thank you so much for all of the prayers and well wishes!! I managed to not fold, bend, mutilate or otherwise maim anyone so I think they worked!!! :)

This weeks challenge at Lasting Memories is a fan/follower fave I think.  Sketch Challenge!!!!! WOOOT!!!  These are always my favorite ones to look thru because it is so interesting to me how you can give everyone the exact same sketch and they all come out so beautifully different!  I think you will enjoy this one this week because we have a little twist.......just add some flowers!!!  In fact, the sketch even has them...............so tis should be way easier for you than it was for me.......after being so busy with the wick one this week I admit to tossing this together at the last minute.  It is what it is.....and if you knopw me, you know I like to clutter up my layouts a lot more than this......lol.   I think I will probably go back and add to it later, but for now whatcha see is whatcha get!!!!

Here's the sketch you have to work with this week!!
Feel free to use it as is or flip it, rotate it, stand it on it's head.........so long as we can see that the sketch was the obvious inspiration you're good to go!!! Oh....and don't forget the flowers!!!!  And most importantly, HAVE FUN with it!!!!

Here's my take on the sketch this week.......I used photos from our trip to the lake this summer......these ducks came right up to us!!! I couldn't come up with a clever title so I just used this quote from "Finding Nemo"  Just keep on swimming!
I used some goodies I recently won from ScrapFIT.......LOVEEEE the yellow and white chevron paper!!! I have goodies here from Crate Paper, Basic Gray, Pebbles, American Crafts, Jillibean Soup, and Elle's Studio :)  The Embellies at the bottom are handmade......not hard to create at all......
And a couple of other random closeups :)

And before I forget (I have chronic CRS!!) we would LOVE to have you as a GDT for the month of October!!  If you are interested just add GDT next to your name when you link up. You can get an entry with every challenge you play along with this month...so, the more you play......the more entries you get!!!  We are a fun bunch I promise....and only one of use bites :)

Looking forward to seeing your creations this week!!!!

Hugs n stuff!
Tina

Linking up at the following Challenge/Challenges :)  Get out there and support your favorite challenge blogs and sites!!!!

Challenge me happy Make your own e3mbellishments

15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad he is feeling better! I love love love your lo!! LOVING those photos and that title IS PERFECT!!!!!!!

Christy said...

The flower is awesome! Love this :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Such a cute layout and title. I adore the butterfly and flowers in the corner. So pretty and elegant.

Michele said...

Oh so cute this is!!!! Your title is perfect! Your little cluster is yummy! Especially with the butterfly right on top! Love it Tina!!! How are your son's hives??

Karen Wilson said...

I think it's the perfect title! Great shots, I really like it!!

How's Jesse doing now??

Denise Pustelniak said...

Smiley Face for sure!!!

Toni Herron said...

Don't worry Tina.. The LO is great!! Don't always need lots and lots and lots to be happy with LO.. Sometimes, Less is more!! :)
And the title is perfect!
Hooe your boys is feeling better and had a good day at school?!!!
Toni.. :)

Juliana said...

I am glad your son is feeling better and back to school! Your layout is wonderful and I love the little handmade embellie cluster!!!

Haven_mom4 said...

Funny I thought the title was very fitting after the week you had. Must be a subconcious message to yourself. great paper and love all the other little bits

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Glad to hear your son is feeling better! I love your layout, very cute. And your handmade embellishments are perfect. Thanks for joining us at CMH!
Melissa

papergirl said...

I really like the colour combination on this, love that chevron, looks so good with the navy. Your little cluster at the bottom is so cute, the butterfly adds so much texture.

Tracey Sabella said...

Oh, what a wonderful LO. Love the lace over the corrugated board butterfly - I'm so going to lift this idea!! Glad your DS is doing better. I hope he's doing OK being back in school this week. I'm a new follower. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Felicity Ives said...

Your flower and butterfly are very cute. And just keep swimming is a fine title, from a very cute movie that you no doubt had to watch multiple times with a sickie at home (I know I did last week and the week before when I had 2 sick children) Hope he is well and truly on the mend, nothing gets them down and keeps them down for too long xx

norine said...

Awesome sketch and layout!! Love your homemade embellie!! Thanks for playing with us at Challenge Me Happy!!

Elizabeth Campau said...

Cute duck pics:) And a great idea for flower embellishments I might add for those of us that are mothers of boys! Glad Jesse is feeling better:)