Sunday, September 9, 2012

LMLC # It's In The Movies!

Lasting Memories
Happy Sunday !!! I wanna know who stole my weekend!!!!  I swear that it seems that the weekends go way too fast around here!  It might have something to do with the fact that i am STILL playing nurse to a sick little boy :(  It's back to the Dr for us tomorrow because now not only is he sick, he seems to be allergic to his antibiotic and is covered in hives.....sighhhhhh!  So if I  missed commenting  on your entries this past week I sincerely apologize.

The entries from last week that i did see , were fabulous!!! I could tell that those of you who played along had a great time with the challenge!  You can drop in over at out main blog and check out the top three from last week and see our awesome GDT for the month Toni!!! Her project is DYNOMITE!!! Be sure to leave her some love!!!

I had an absolute blast this week with lout challenge theme......It's In The Movies!!!!! Some of the DT were truly challenged but I cranked this one out in no time.  Probably because I am just not quite right anyway.....lol.  Make this one easy on yourself and don't over think it!!! You can draw inspiration from your fave movie, use a quote, a movie poster, or scrap your fave star..... seriously.....easy peasy!!!!! Kids movies would be super cute to use too!!

`I am a HUGE horror fan. I read a lot too and I love almost every movie ever made from a Stephen King book......and I will tell you right now my first stroke of inspiration came from the Shining........who can forget the scene where Jack Nicholson breaks thru the door with that maniacal look on his face and says' "Hereeeeeeeeeee's Johnny!!!" One of the bestest movie quotes EVER!!!!!!!  My ADD had me all over the place with this one......I think I could probably make a case for just about any horror movie.....but right behind The Shining my faves are ALL of the Rob Zombie movies....especially House of 1000 corpses and The Devils Rejects.  Also lots of cool quotes in this one but most I can use here.......lol.  And if put on the spot I think I could recite the movie line for line.

i kickstarted this layout by using this sketch from Artful Delight.  I LOVE IT!!!  My finished project doesn't look much like this sketch....and the sketch is so awesome I'm gonna save it and use it again in the very near future!! And Psssssssst!!! LeeAnne is having a DT call right now!! She is such a super sweet person that I know if you choose to try out and make it you will have a  blast on her team! (BTW....the info for the call is on the same page as the sketch)
Isn't this sketch fun??????? I swear I started with this .....but it evolved into this.....

There is a LOTTA layering goin on here......didn't I just totally sound like my boyfriend Matthew McConaughey????

There's a lotta lawbreakers up in in this house! (sighhhhhh)  ohhhh yeahhhhhhh I'd break a law or two with him :):):)

AHEM......anyway!!!

I had a lot of fun putting this layout together!  I've been hoarding this Bo Bunny Whooligans paper forever!  I really love the turquoise and black print paper in the background and it could totally be used as a non Halloween paper. It's beautiful!!  I also used lot of different bits and pieces and pieces and bits  to finish it off......I have a couple of bits of Bella Blvd, I can't remember the name of last years Halloween line......also some MLS.....Jillibean soup and Echo Park.......

I love to mix alphas to add interest and I used 5 different types here!!  I try to do this a lot with titles.....it makes it so cool and you get rid of a little bit of your stash so you can buy MORE alphas!!!! The sparkly ones are GCD studios, and thickers, all the rest are Echo Park.

I added some buttons from my stash s well at twine that I glued around the spider web.  I used the orange that was a gift from my friend Kimberly because I wanted to add a little punch of the orange color to pop things a bit and not make the layout so dark.  Same with the orange paper ribbon around the smaller photo.

My son asked me if I was joining a challenge to see how  much stuff I could cram on one layout......lol. Nope!! I can cram more trust me!!!! :):)  You know us southern girls do everything over the top!!!!

I hope you will take time to play along with this one this week......we have slightly changed up the ending time for adding your entries to the link up to 6 pm rather than whatever it was before.......lol.  My mind is scattered that time just runs together for me.  But the earlier finish time give our team just a little longer to comment on your creations and pick a top 3.....and that process is getting harder and harder every week cuz you guys are so amazing!!!!!!  And don't forget, if you are interested in being a GDT with us just add GDT beside your name when you link up.  We haven't ran Toni off yet so we must be pretty cool girls to work with :)

This week I am playing along with these challenges I ahve found along my blog hopping excursions......feel free to join me and support your favorite blogs!!!! ANDDDDDDD if you decide to go digi and use more than one photo you can even enter it over at Digitally Sweet!!!!......Just a thought :)

1. Delightful Inspiration: Sketch
2. Allsorts challenge blog: layers
3.  CRAFT challenge inspiration photo, it looks spooky so i went with that and did a halloween themeed project
4.  Come And get it Challenges Tic tac Toe......I used twine, free spot and buttons
:  5.  Crafts and me: Add a flower
6.  Scrap FIT workout#75: Trendy twine....my spider web
7. Pile It On  Patterned paper
8. The Squirrel and the fox Anything Goes!


27 comments:

Christy said...

You just crack me up!!! I love this super duper cute LO!! :) :) :)

Karen Wilson said...

LOL!! I crack up at your posts, especially these long ones. We get a peek into the life of Tina!! Poor kid - hives?? That sounds like my son to. Hives are his biggest issue - when he's nervous, allergic, you name it - I can relate!!

I LOVED Stephen King to! Read so many of his books growing up and seen so many movies. Super talent there. GREAT layout this week, no wonder you were so stoked!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

The Devil's Rejects!! Tooooooooooo funny!!! I just loveeeeeeeee this!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Haven_mom4 said...

Used to live about 50miles from the Stanley. Really cool from the outside ( a little creepy feeling inside), but no maze and the drive up isn't even close. But that's the movies for you combining the best of both locations. Now I'm getting close to running long like your post. Must be something bad running through your house and hives to boot.

Okay Love the LO. might have to stage some photos at our next pumpkin carving party

Kimberly said...

oh my goodness.. you so crack me up... and i think i tell you that in every post!!! love the LO!!!!

Rhonda Emery said...

love your layout thank you for joining us at come and get it challenge.

Leah said...

He he he, I love your layout (and your post!). That twine spiderweb is fantastic! And I love that your sketch layout started as the sketch and morphed somewhere else. Thanks for joining in at ScrapFIT.

Laurie LaRiviere said...

fabulous layout and great use of twine, that spider web is too cool and the layout is sooo fun! thanks for sharing with us at scrapfit!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a fun layout!! I always love doing Halloween pages and you did an awesome job on this!! So much to love, but that twine spider web is totally a-maz-ing! :) Thanks for working out with us @ ScrapFIT!! :)

Toni Herron said...

Literally need to pick myself up off the floor now... I just love reading every word of your posts! you have me in stitches laughing..
Anyway, Love this layout! And good Q from your son... Cute thing!

The web is awesome! Do you mind if I borrow the idea!?!
We don't celebrate Halloween here in Aust, but lucky for us, our Estate does... :)

Thanks for the shout out too..
Toni..

Michele said...

Ohhh Tina!! You make me proud. This is such a fun layout!! I am getting a kick out of your son asking you if you are joining a challenge to see how much stuff you can cram onto it. That made me laugh!!!!! Awesome page girl!!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so awesome!! I love all the layers!! The twine spider web is amazing!! What a fun and fabulous layout...it's spook-tacular ;)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mina said...

fabulous layout Tina and that photo is so brilliant...thanks for joining in with the Crafts & Me challenge this week
Mina xxx

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

So fun and love the pictures. So many cute details.

Sheila said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that spider web made of twine. What a fabulous idea! THanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

Nikbee said...

A fantastic LO. I love the spider's web. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
Nikki x

BethieJ said...

A FABULOUS LO!! Hope your son is feeling better!
Thank You for joining us at PIO!
Have a GREAT day!

artfuldelight said...

Ok, super cool LO!! Love it!! Hey thanks for the shout out with the DT call!! :-) You rock. Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight this month! I would love to see what else you create with the sketch!

Judy McKay said...

Very neat. Great art work. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

Denise Pustelniak said...

This is HILARIOUS! A+++++ PS Love al the layering!

V's Sweet Ideas said...

What an awesome layout! Love it! Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What a fun way to get into the spirit, many thanks for joining us at Artful Delight.

Missy Whidden said...

This is SO cute!! I love the colors...Halloween pages are my fave :)I love the twine web!! Fabulous. Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

This put a smile on my face. What a fun layout. So glad you played along with us at Artful Delight.

Aimee said...

that spider wep is awesome, Im gonna need to try that!
Aimee @ *ScrapFIT*

Karen B. said...

I hope your son got to feeling better! What a great layout. So glad you enjoyed the sketch at Artful Delight and played along!

Plastic cards said...

This is so beautiful. Incredible design. I appreciate this. Thanks for sharing.