Monday, September 17, 2012

Sketches in Thyme Sept #1

I feel so lost.....I have the house to myself!!!! It's taken 2 whole weeks but I am finally "home alone"!!! All I can say is look out world! :)

I have a layout to share that I actually completed some time back...or at least it feels that way!  I'm just getting around to posting it tho!! I used Sketches In Thyme Sketch numero uno for September. Soooo much room for artistic interpretation with this sketch...gotta love it!!!
I'm not quite ready to let go of summer yet, so i am still scrapping photos from our trip to the lake over the summer.  We went driving off the beaten path after we had enough fishing and found this amazing Old Mill.....the stone wall you see in these pix are actually the base of the mill....the kids had to hop a creek to get to it but I am glad they did because these are some of my favorite photos of them!
Most of you already know Jesse....and that is my 12 yr old son Brandon posing with him.  Look how close they are to one another in height!!!  Bob is really tall so no doubt Jesse will be too.  Actually he almost as tall as me...and in 3rd grade.  How is that fair????? It's bad enough being the only girl in the house but soon I will be the shortest too...blah!!!

I put this layout together using some AWESOME goodies I won during the Paper Haus blog hop a couple of weeks back.   They REALLY spoiled me rotten!! The papers are all from 7 Gypsies.....love the grungy, vintage feel of them....the star with the sticker mounted to it was fussy cut from the paper.   I think all of the stickers are from Glitz......I thought "The Best Day Ever" was the perfect title for my page because it was a day the kids will remember for quite sometime....even my older boys who are usually way too cool to hang with me....lol. The canvas flowers are Prima.....I have some super fuzzy ribbon below the photos from Websters pages and added some bling......love how it all came together!! The pop of green was the perfect touch because the centers of the flowers have that same color green in them.

Fun  layout to put together, and as I said....you can stay simple with this sketch as I did (which is actually so not like me,....lol) or just let your imagination fly.  I wanted to focus on the photos so I stayed pretty true to the sketch.....mark this day on the calendar because it doesn't happen often.....lol.

I'm also joining it the "For The Boys" Challenge at Colorful Creations......I recently found them on ning and they have some awesome challenges and everyone there is super nice! This is the first challenge of theirs I have joined in, and the challenge is to use patterned paper or something other than alpha's to create your title......I may be off base with my sticker, I dunno...we shall see tho!!!

It's a rainy day here today so maybe I an buckle down and get some crating down......and laundry......and housecleaning.......you see which I listed first right?  Priorities!!! :)  I have a roast in the crockpot and the house is smelling sooo good! Everyone is invited for dinner!!!

I'll be back a bit later because I have some AWESOME news I am dying to share!!  I'm just waiting for the go ahead......I think I can keep it hush , hush so long as I don't have to sit on it for longer than 24 hours......lol.  I'll just say I am VERY excited and can't wait to Sahara my news with my scrappy friends!!

Enjoy your day!!!
Tina

13 comments:

kate blue said...

a quiet house, crock pot going on?? Woo Hoo! I multitask: add load of laundry in washer, go work on layout for 30, run upstairs, check on laundry, go back to scrapping...repeat!

Kelly Massman said...

Cute layout. I love that sketch, too! Maybe I'll have to check them out again...maybe that will get me going on scrapbooking!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So happy you have the house to yourself again!! I can't believe how close they are in height!! I love love love love your lo!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and loving that you used flowers on here!!!!!

Eli said...

Really, I love it! Great job!
Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

Anne said...

All the colours work so well together. thank you for playing along at SIT.
Anne

karenw said...

Home alone is a great place to be! Hope Jesse survived his day at school and had no relapses...

My little one is already trying to work out at exactly what age he will pass me in height, I figure I've got two years left until I am officially the shortest.

Very cool Lo btwThe green works with the rusty muted reds beautifully. xxx

Rene Sharp said...

What a wonderful layout, so glad you decided to play along with us at Sketches in Thyme!!! Smiles, Rene'

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a great page with these fab photos!! Love your take on the sketch! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

tiffany said...

home alone, such a nice feeling!! great interpretation of our sketch, Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

wendipooh13 said...

I LOVE home alone!!!! Wonderful boy page and LOVE that you added flowers on it!!!! thanks soooo much for playing along with Sketches in Thyme blog!!!!!

Sally Cranney said...

Great photos! And love that you added flowers on a boy layout...love those tickets! Thanks for playing with us at sketches in thyme!

glorygirl said...

What a perfect backdrop for photos! Love the stone wall you captured here with the boys! I have a growing little guy, too....at this point, I make sure to wear my heels ;) Great job on the challenge!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a great page, Tina! Really love the gradient effect on your background paper, and those little tickets are ever so fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!