Thursday, October 25, 2012

CASE this sketch and Shingles?????

Happy Thursday!!  

Well, it seems that this school year I can't go a weekend without someone being sick or injured.  Matt came home early last week with a fever and was generally feeling funky.  He;s nonverbal so obviously he can't say "Hey mom, I feel icky!"  So I got him home and he slept for almost 2 days straight and then seemed fine........except for a rash that has popped over over the past week.  I noticed it the other day but I;m a mom of 5 kids, rashes aren't usually a big deal to me.  I put some stuff on it and went on ab out my business.  A couple of days ago he was sent to the nurse at school for itching and they noticed the rash and send me home a note....again, I didn't really think much about it and today I get a second letter....this one marked very official with the words SECOND NOTICE advising me to take him to the Dr as he may have Shingles.  

Lovely!!!

So I have been googling images of the Shingles rash and if its what he has he has a very mild case of it.    So, I guess tomorrow will be spent at the Dr's office.  Im pretty sure they want a note saying he has been seen by a dr and he won't contaminate anyone upon his return.  I've heard Shingles can be very painful.  But he acts as tho he hasn't a care in the world.....just kinda tired.  Maybe that's a symptom too?  Matt hates Dr's so this is going to be fun........Bob is working tomorrow so he can't go with me in case Matthew gets out of hand.  And if he gets out of hand there is no way I can handle him alone.......he's skinny but strong as an ox!  So please send calm, happy vibes our way tomorrow please!!! 

I have a quick card to share tonight that I created for a "new to me" challenge blog called CASE this sketch.  Actually it's one of 4 cards I have made tonight but the only one I photographed while there was still light out.  Here's the sketch I had to work with.....
I changed it just a tiny bit....I had this really darling Dear Lizzy Tag from American Crafts that I had played around with and stuck a Pebbles butterfly on.  I liked the look and was actually waiting on a layout to use in on.  I decided it would make a really cute card instead with some fun and bright Echo park paper!
We can all use a little reminder to enjoy the little things, and who wouldn't love a quick little note just to let them know you are thinking of them :)  In this day and age so many people would rather just send a text or an email......but I love to find happy little surprises in my mail box and I'm sure others do too!  I call it happy mail, as opposed to the everyday bills and such, which I call crappy mail.......lol.

I'm not much of a card maker but I love simple designs like this that even I can do.  And I am determined to make a dent in my scrap pile!!! So that's one strip down and just a couple more tons worth of paper to go :)  

Thanks for dropping by for a visit, be sure to check in with me in the morning for the brand new challenge reveal at Digitally Sweet Challenges!

Hugs n Stuff!
Tina

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhh I hope everything goes well at the dr's tomorrow! I love love love love your card!! LOVING the colors and the tag!!!

kate blue said...

I feel your pain...before Brandon could talk, it was all trial and error...good luck tomorrow!~ Maybe you need to bribe him like I had to do today? We were at Hopkins and the surgeon was delayed for almost 2 hours so trust me, I had to do some bribing!

Quip1320 said...

Oh my! I hope everything turns out ok and that it isn't shingles and simply a silly childhood rash. I love how you used a tag in the place of a circle! Very creative and it really is such a pretty card! So happy you played along at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Kelly Massman said...

i've had shingles and it is no fun but i'm still here to tell the tale so all is good!! best wishes on that and love that card; just darling!

lostinpaper said...

Super sweet design! Great idea to use the tag!
Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hope Matt feels better soon! Your card is so sweet, love the little tag. So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a darling card!! I hope you can get to the bottom of the rash. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

N@ Ali said...

thank you for joining us at CTS, glad to read Matt doesn't have shingles, hope he is well now. you've made a lovely card ; )

Lisa Arana said...

what an adorable card and tag! thanks for playing with us at cas(e) this sketch!!!