Monday, October 22, 2012

DCWV October Stack-holic Challenge....

Good Monday morning my crafty friends!!!  

It has been a super long weekend here at the rugrat ranch!!!!  3 kids were down with some sort of 24 hour stomach bug, we had a 4 day weekend due to fall break, and my Tennessee Vols lost yet again :(   

BUT on a happy note, everyone was healthy enough to head off to school this morning, I'm almost caught up with laundry and I am totally loving this season's The Walking Dead!!!!  So far I have told myself after the end of each season that they can't possibly top it....and yet they do!!!  The kids and I watched last night and we get quite rowdy.....lol.  We yell and scream every time a zombie gets whacked or a bad guy gets offed.......if we were in movie theater we'd surely be kicked out........I'm tellin ya, you can't take us anywhere.....lol.

During commercial breaks and the second showing of The Walking Dead I managed to get some scrapping done.......apparently zombie killing is good for the creative soul because I finished 4 layouts in an hour......lol.  Every month I mean to play along with the DCWV Stack-holic challenges,
 I always save the sketches but never get to them in time for the challenge.  This time around I loved the sketches so much I made time :)  And as luck would have it, I cam across some really neat bargain stacks of DCWV at Big Lots a while back.  Unfortunately all I could find was the paper......so you will see a lot of fussy cutting on both these projects to make up for the lack of embellies. 

First up is the card sketch....
Rather than doing a square card I changed it up a bit and created a rectangle one using the Heartfelt Stack....
The base is also DCWV and is from the Vintage Stack.....I LOVE the Heartfelt Stack because it has lots of fun fall colors and patterns.  I fussy cut the flowers from one of the papers and used popdots to give it some dimension.......the sentiment is from American Crafts.

Here's a shot of the finished inside...

And another one showing the dimension.....I LOVE foam tape and popdots!!!
  Also entering the card at
Allsorts Challenge Blog: Autumn Colors

And I tackled the layout challenge.....here's the sketch......

And the photo is of my second oldest son Jacob........I took this photo out in the yard and I just love it!  He looks sooo grown up!  Well. he is grown up, he's 17........lol.  But he's my baby just the same, you mom's know what I mean!!!
Again, I did some fussy cutting of the flowers and the apples.....all of these are from the Heartfelt and Vintage Stacks,  I also created this one for Scrap Friendzy's 5th Birthday bash challenge #5, which is to use a 5 word title.  If you wanna play along there is still time!!! You have til the end of the month to play along with any of our birthday bash challenges!!!  So check em out when you get a few minutes or if you are looking for some fun challenges to join in.  

I'm also entering over at 
Quirky Crafts, anything but a card in fall colors
and
Anything but a card, fall colors

That's just a couple of the things I made last night........I'll be sharing the others as the week passes :)

Thanks for dropping in! Your visits and comments are always appreciated! Have a great day!!
Hugs n stuff :)
Tina

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are beautiful!! LOVING the flowers and those apples!! Glad that everyone is feeling better!!!!

Kelly Massman said...

fun takes on both sketches!

artfuldelight said...

Love all the fussy cutting that you did, your projects are fabulous. :-)

Margaret said...

Oh, I love Big Lots! I never know what I will find there!! You did a wonderful job with the sketch and your fussy cut apples and flowers are great! Thanks so much for joining us at ABAC!

Debs said...

Fabulous card - love the decorated inside.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Christy said...

Oh man...I love these! I really love the saying on that layout...goes perfectly with those papers! :) Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card girlie!!! :) :)

Julia S-W said...

Great job on your layout here! Love the fussy cut apples and flowers with the fab papers. Great sentiment too.
Thanks so much for sharing your layout at Anything But A Card and I do hope you'll join us again soon.
Juliax

Jess said...

Fabulous projects! Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card!

Caro said...

Gorgeous layout. Thank you so much for joining in with our latest challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog

Spyder said...

Lovely project. love the flowers,thank you for joining Quirky Crafts, a new Challenge starts Sunday Evening! Hope to see you there!
((Lyn))