Monday, October 1, 2012

LMLC # 108 Autumn Splendor

Lasting Memories

Good Monday morning and welcome to another great challenge week here at Lasting Memories!!!  You guys rocked last weeks challenge and I have no doubt that you will this week too because fall is in the air!!!

I'm not sure about where you live (y'all can feel free to give me weather reports, I may decide I like your weather better and come for a visit!!) but fall has definitely fell here in East TN!  And fall in the south usually revolves around football.....lol.  I am NOT a football girl but this year I have been sucked right into the hype of college football....GO VOLS!!! And this year is my son's HS's best season in forever!!!! He doesn't play, but Jacob and Steven are both in NJROTC and both are color guard guys, which has a cool bonus of getting free game admission......WOOOT!!  

But I'm getting ahead of myself since my layout has nothing to do with football.......I do that sometimes !!!

What's fall mean to you? The changing of the leaves? (The boys and I are taking a trip to the Great Smokey Mtns SOON to take in the changing colors!!) Fall holidays perhaps? Thanksgiving and gratitude? Or maybe just the cooler temps and the changing colors.  We want you to use whatever inspires you about the season to create your project for this weeks challenge.  And don't forget.....this month we are looking for Nov GDTs!!! So if you wanna join our crazy group of girls just at GDT to your name when you go to link up!!!

For my layout I chose to scrap a couple of pics of my son Jacob and one of his best friends Justin......I have had this layout done for a few days but the weather wasn't cooperating with me and I finally got it photographed as best I could......so forgive the crappy cropping.  And while you are at it try saying "Crappy Cropping" five times fast....just cuz....lol

These photos were take a couple of years ago at an event we go to every Halloween called the Hallelujah Hoedown.  It's a church sponsored event that is more of a fall festival......the kids can dress in costumes if they wish but usually they just get in the way because there are inflatables to play on, games to play, lots n lots of free food!! If you have never eaten church social kinda food you have not lived!!! There is also face painting, hayrides, a chili cook off , and door prizes. I'm tellin ya, it is great fun and Jesse doesn;t even mind that we go there rather than trick or treating!!  And you can turn you kids loose and let em run wild......lol.  Seriously, its a huge field and you can see them from every spot.....so they can run and play and Mom (me) can sit and socialize!!! With GROWNUPS!!!!!  The older kids.....usually either help out or get a game of football together.  Awesome family fun!

My layout.....
Don't they look sweet together? Kinda reminds me of the American Gothic painting......lol.

It's a fall event and i tried to go with fall colors.......the cardstock and paper are from DCWV, the patterned paper came from the Heartfelt Stack I believe. Random office tag and ribbon, alphas are chipboard thickers and October Afternoon from Peppermint added some fall colored Prima flowers and a K & CO pumpkin diecut.  The title is something I always tell my kids, be thankful for those where are truly your friends!!

And as we were driving to school this morning Jacob told me that he saw on FB that Justin's Mom had  filed a missing person's report on Justin over the weekend!!! How scary!!! Justin was found safe and sound and I'm not quite sure as to what actually happened.....he's a teenager and he is a tad moodier than most.  He has battled health issues and mental health issues no one THIS young should ever have to take on......so hopefully he will be at school today and all will be well and it is just a case of teenage-itis and he walked off for a breather.........I love this boy like he is one of my own and my heart is breaking right now for him and his family.  Prayers are appreciated.......and it serves as a reminder that no matter how touch we think we are, we all need friends and need to be thankful for the ones we have!

I do hope you will play along with us this week and show us your Autumn Splendor!!

Hugs!
Tina

Also linking up with the following challenge/challenges this week
 Allsorts Challenge Blog Scrapbook Page
Creative Inspirations BINGO I went  diagonal with flowers, blue and ribbon (blue in my patterned paper)
Playdate Cafe:  wine, pumpkin and moss
Kaboodles Doodles Colors of Autumn
The Crafty Blogger Anything goes

21 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Awesome job on this! and for teaching your kids this!

Sarah said...

Fabulous layout Tina, love all the detail. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

Ger said...

Lovely Autumn layout! Thankyou for joining us this month at Crafty Bloggers Network.

Geraldine M
Crafty Bloggers Network DT

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful details! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Autumn Colors” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Brie - Breezy Pink Daisies said...

I love the layout! I'm usually not sure how to use those tags things - so I'm taking note of this :) I really love how it all came together! And, I'm a huge fan of the fall colors.

Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a great page and wonderful reminder to be thankful for the people in our lives!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hopefully Justin is going to be ok!! And careful what you wish for girl... it's still in the 110's here!! lol!!

I loveeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the colors and the pumpkins!!

Connie Mercer said...

adorable card!!! Thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!

Connie Mercer said...

oops!! Its not a card but an awesome Lo!! thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!! and epescially doing a LO!!!

Ime said...

Great layout !!! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle doodles

Veronica Z said...

Love your Fall inspired scrapbook page! Thank you for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Mona Evy said...

Fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Wedensdays Challenge

Toni Herron said...

Gorgeous LO Tina!! And I love the title!!
Toni... :)

Haven_mom4 said...

Glad Justin has such a good friend in your son. Love the layout and the fall colors too

Nicola said...

Perfect LO, loving the autumnal colours and the wonderful message the page is based on!
Thanks for scrapbooking with us this week at Allsorts and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Elizabeth Campau said...

I agree with you it reminds me of American Gothic too! I am so envious of your mountains and the fall colors. Soak it in for me too please!

Denise Pustelniak said...

You showcased this wonderful memory! Smiley face for sure!

Karen Wilson said...

I always look fwd to your posts lol I admit, I do yours at the end bc I know I'm in for a good read. Love it. You always make me laugh with your humour!

What a fabulous LO and GREAT shots to!!

Michele said...

What an inventful layout!! Is that a word?? I love how you added the blurb about words from Mom! This is so great Tina! The photos are awesome! We should all be so proud and thankful of our little or not so little ones. :)

debby4000 said...

Absolutely brilliant layout.
luv
Debby

Cheryl said...

I absolutely love your layout. I thanks for playing with along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week. I