Sunday, October 7, 2012

Scrap-Friendzy's 5th Birthday bash!!!!

It's  BIG Birthday bash too!!!
All this month we are celebrating turning 5!! It's an exciting time and there are a LOT of super fun challenges in the forum right now....if you aren't there you are missing out!!!! We are celebrating all month long so there is plenty of time to play I promise :)

My DT pal Stephanie came up with a super cool challenge, and one that never truly crossed my mind to try.  And yesterday was World Card making Day as well so this fits right in with the festivities if you are still in card making mode!! Stephanie's challenge to you is to take a layout sketch and turn it into an card.  I was a little intimidated because we all know I am not a card maker....plus this was my first challenge at Scrap Friendzy and I wanted to do a good job.......I think it turned out ok!!! 

I took this sketch from Sketch Inspiration.......I saved it but couldn't really get into making a layout with it.  But I thought it might work as a card :)
and here is my card!!
Cute huh??? I love color! Especially on a rainy dreary fall day!! I used American Crafts Shoreline (I think) I loved this paper so much I couldn't bare using it just once, so I cut it for cards so I can use it bunches.....lol.  I just gotta buy this pack!!!  The buterflies are also AC and the sentifment comes from Glitz Design....I thought it was perfect for a card.  and that fun yellow and white border? WASHI TAPE!!!!! I'm finally using a technique while it's still trendy!! LOL.  I just took some scraps and adhered the tape and used it for a border.  I love this stuff!! When I die I wanna be mummified in washi tape......someone remember that please!

I even finished the inside of the card!
So much fun!! Now I gotta find someone in need of cheering up and send this to them :)

This is just one of many great challenges in the forum right now......and we all need a little stash of cards anyway right???? So cmon over and play with us!! And be sure to check back Wednesday as I host my FIST Challenge over there!!!! I'm so excited!!!

Thanls for looking! I have a few more cards I will share a bit later, or maybe tomorrow.  It's raining here and I am feeling crafty!!!

Hugs!
Tina

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Tooooooo cute! LOVING the colors and the bees and butterflies!!!!

Teresa Jaye said...

adorable card, Tina. I l-o-v-e the color palette. Your take on the sketch of making the center panel into wonky triangles is awesome.

kate blue said...

adorable! it was raining here too but did I get any crafting done?? NO!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card and love the colour combo.
luv
Debby

Stephanie U said...

Love it! You rocked the challenge.