Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sharing a couple of layouts!

Hello everyone!

Gosh, it seems like forever ago since I last blogged! Things have just been really busy here and there seems to be no end in sight.....no rest for the wicked they say right???

Jacob has lots of Senior stuff going on with school.  We just got his Senior Proofs back from photos and they all turned out AWESOME!! BUT..........they are gonna cost me a small fortune :(  Add that to the Senior graduation packet thing he brought home today and I may just end up having to get a second mortgage on the house.......YIKES!!!

Lots of stuff going on over the next month with NJROTC.......this friday at the football game it's Senior night, so the Seniors will get to walk out onto the field and be recognized.  You know I am gonna have pictures!!!! LOL  They have annual inspection and a huge drill meet coming up, they are participating in the Veterans Day parade and we have a big bake sale going on........I have no clue what I am gonna make yet.....last year my Peanut Butter Crunch cake was the only sell out :)  I'm not exactly sure how to top it......lol.  So we have LOTS going on! If i disappear for any length of time just assume I am caught in some sort of bizarre car pool time warp. I always manage to find my way back tho!!! You aren't gonna be rid of me quite that easily!!!

Rugby season is also getting ready to kick into high gear and this weekend our Central Bobcats are competing in a tournament!!  Very exciting but it's also going to be exhausting because win or lose the boys will still end up having to play 3 games on Saturday.  Insane.  And wouldn't ya know it, the weather has been in the high 70's to low 80's the past few days and this weekend we are lookin at rain and 50 degrees for the high.  And they don't call off for rain.......so it;s looking like I will be sitting outside in my poncho watching the mud slingin and praying Jacob doesn't break anything......lol,  

And speaking of rugby, my first layout is a sports themed layout (rugby of course!!) for Frosted Designs fabulous Friday challenge.  This week we are challenged to create a sports or dance themed project.  I paired it with the sketch from The Scraproom
I kept the sketch pretty much as is and scrapped a couple of photos from one of last seasons rugby matches....
I have wanted to use these papers from MME for forever!!!!    My embellies are kept to a minimum, for once.....lol, because there is really so much action going on in the photos I felt that it would be too busy.  So for me this is a really plain and simple page :)  Jacob is in that heap some where I promise.....lol.

This is Jacob's week to be scrapped I guess, cuz I also scrapped him for the sketch challenge at Stuck?!
I love working with grid designs because it usually makes for a quick page and they always look great! And you can embellish to your hearts content!!  I picked some fun photos from halloween a couple of years back....they aren't really the best quality photos but they have some pretty cool effects/goofs going on and I thought In would use them to my advantage!
All of the papers are from MME.  But the stickers are a combo of My Little Shoebox (the raven) and Reminscince .  I went a little crazy (batty) with the bats, but they were so cute and so fun that I used every single one I had in my stash.....lol.
And they are all popdotted for dimension.
And here is a close up of the wicked effect with the photo.  I had never used the night time mode on my camera before then,,,,,,,we were trying to catch the fact that it was glowing with the candle inside.....instead it just looks like it is all ablaze!

That's about it for tonight!  I just heard my dryer timer go off so I need to get this load folded and then I am gonna either hit the hay or work on a couple of things I have found online tonight while surfing.....we'll see :)  

As always thank you so much for dropping by and commenting....you absolutely rock!!!
Hugs n stuff!

Yina

6 comments:

Stephanie U said...

Great layouts Tina!

Lydia said...

Great rugby layout! Love that paper and colours. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YIKES!!! Don't remind me about senior stuff... I only have 2 short years to have that happen to me!!! DOUBLE YIKES!!! I love love love love your lo's!!! LOVING the colors and loveeeeeee the bats on the 2nd one!!!!

Teresa Jaye said...

Senior expenses are the WORST - it seems every day they come home with a new piece of paper asking for more money!
You are such an inspiration with your boy layouts (or should I say GUY layouts!) That rugby looks like quite the crazy game!

Monique said...

Fantastic Rugby layout - love my Rugby, even though the Wallabies aren't doing so well at the moment!!
Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs!

Haven_mom4 said...

Holy busy batman, or should I say women. Loving all the little bats. Great Layouts