Tuesday, October 9, 2012

WCMD.....better late than never!

Mornin kiddies!!! Guess what? It went and got COLD here in TN!!!! Yesterday we had a high of 49.  EEEEEK!!!!  My kids actually asked if we could turn the heat on last night!  Um, of course not!! That's what covers are for!!!! lol.  We have had a lot of rain the past few days and the leaves are really starting to change colors now.....I love it! I just hope I can get up to the mountains before all of the fall splendor has, well, fallen!!  I NEED photos!!!

You'd think with all of the crummy weather I would be able to get something done but I have pretty much been a slug the past few days.  I pulled a muscle in my lower back over the weekend bathing Matthew.  Just one of those things where when you bend down all is well, but when you raise up.....OUCH!!!!  I had a rough time with it last night but I'm doing pretty well with ibuprofen and just being plain lazy.....I excel at lazy :)  

I dunno if this challenge is over or not but I wanted to share a card I made using inspiration from ScrapBook & Cards Today's World Card making Day extravaganza. They shares lots of awesome inspiration from some very talented designers and lots of super cool CardMaps card sketches.  Becky Fleck is sketch making rock star I tell ya!!!  I saved all of the sketches and since I am (gasp) actually enjoying cranking out a card or two I'm sure I will be using them and sharing my results, however horrific they may be!

This particular challenge, however, isn't a sketch challenge but an inspiration one.......check out this yummy photo!
Yes you see pink!!! I know........so unlike me!!!  I think scrapping photos of Neveah has gotten me past my pink phobia :)  But when I saw this photo I immediately knew I needed to grab my MME Love  Me paper pad! I have had it for ages and this is actually just the second time I have cracked it open.  It even still smells new.....lol.  I got it as part of a great deal on 5 6 x 6 pads that included the kraft funday pads.  I remember seeing that one thrown in and think  "what on earth am I gonna do with that?????" LOL  I'm glad I hung onto it!!

In addition to the inspiration photo the challenge criteria was to use 3 patterned papers (I used more....opps) 2 colors of cardstock (got it!) I red button (got it!) and  a flower (I used 2)

Now, before i share this I am adding this disclaimer....I AM NOT A CARDMAKER!! Nope! I dabble....but I am far from being "good" at it. One day I will get all of my stamps out learn to color and all of that good stuff.  For now I am content just to wing it......lol.  See, told ya........I excel at lazy :)

so, now that all of that is covered......
Not bad!!!

And here is the inside..


I'm not sure where the chippy heart and flowers are from....they were actually attached to a big glittery  letter "U" and I dissected it....bwahahahaha!!! The little "Home is wherever I'm with you" bit is actually from Echo Parks "So Happy Together" packaging. I cut ALL of the elements off of the cover sheet and backed them with card stock for stability and then adhered with foam tape for some dimension.  I really wanted a doily in that spot but I hid them from myself. The layer I have my strips on is also popped up with foam tape.  Soooo whatcha see is whatcha get :)  

I'm also sharing this one over yonder at:
1. Alphabet Challenge Blog: R for Recycle (cut up the cover sheet and used the elements)
2. CPS: Farewell challenge....pick a sketch (185.....i flipped it)

3. Papercraft Star: Anything Goes
4. Get Creative Colors from Photo
5. Little Miss Muffet Simplicity (it's the only kind of card I know how to make...lol)
6, Tuesday Alchemy Anything Goes

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry about your back :( I loveeeeee your card!!! Loving the pink and the heart!!!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

great recycling :)
awesome of you to join us at ACB!!!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, inside and out, Tina! Love the papers and the chipboard heart and flowers! Thanks for playing along with the Little Miss Muffet Simplicity challenge! Hope your back feels better!

EFI said...

Sorry to hear it. Hope you get well soon! So lovely card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Get Creative!

Anastasia (Νατάσα) said...

I hope you get well soon! Your card is soooo beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at Get Creative!

* Shaz * said...

Brilliant recycle/repurpose project
Thank you for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges

Shaz x

Frea said...

What al ovely card; really like that idea of the strips! Thanks for sharing at Little Miss Muffet Challenges. Hugs, Frea, DT Member LMM Challenges

olga said...

Very beautiful card! I hope you get well soon! Thank you very much for joining us at get creative!

Corrinne Quinn said...

Beautiful - adore all that pink and details :) Thank you for sharing this with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

I invite you to join me at the ANYTHING GOES challenge here:
http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/10/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-2.html

Lots of joy,
Corrinne

Eileen Ng said...

Such an nice take on the picture--thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Alchemy this week!

Eileen

Marlena Peduzzi said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Little Miss Muffet!

Channa said...

What a pretty card! Thank you for joining us at Get creative. channa

Elina said...

Wonderful card! Such a beautiful design!!! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative! Good luck!

geoleoan said...

amazing card!!
Thank you for joining us at Get creative.