Monday, November 19, 2012

A scrap page that is NOT a DT project!! Yayyyyy!!!

It's MONDAY!!!! Normally I wouldn't be this excited but tomorrow is the last day of school this week for the boys........so short week of getting up early but a longggggggggg week at home with five boys who all want to kill one another!  I love being a mom!!

We have a busy week ahead, just as most of you do I'm sure!  I have to pick up a few last minute things from the store today so I don't run out of food while the troops are home.  They are grumpy enough without being food deprived (rolls eyes).  I THINK we are going to do our Thanksgiving a day early and have it on Wednesday instead.  Jacob is spending Thanksgiving day with Chloe (his g/f) and Bob has to work.  So in order to have the entire family at the table we're doing it Wednesday. I may regret it but we'll see :)  The boys and I will happily munch on leftovers Thursday and maybe even venture out to do some holiday shopping.  Black Friday I am NOT leaving my house for ANYTHING! Unless it's take out.....lol.  I plan on doing most of my shopping online this year.  The older I get , the less patience I have for the rudeness that normally accompanies Black Friday.  And I have major road rage issues so staying home is a great idea all the way around.....for EVERYONE!!

I managed to get a little "for me" crafting done this weekend.  I am so thrilled!!! My DT's are so awesome and always give us plenty of room to express ourselves creatively.  So this is in no way a slam to them.  They are stuck with me FOREVER!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  But it really feels good to sit down and do something without a deadline to meet.  Usually I work ahead a bit to avoid that but the past few weeks have been insane for me and I am turning in projects the night before they are due.  

But with a little free time I did some blog hopping and found some really awesome sketches to play with.......I may even have enough to share all week long!!! eeeeeek!!!

I found this sketch at  My Creative Sketches....I just love the lines of it!!
I just got some photos back and I really liked this one of Jacob and Chloe!  They are entirely too cute together :) And it gave me a chance to use some goodies I won from a Paperhaus blog hop a while back! 
No, your eyes are not deceiving you.....I did indeed scrap with PINK!!!! Shocking right???  I just love how this all came together......all the DP's are from Kaisercraft.  I inked up my doily a bit to give it an aged appearance and used the same brown ink on the edges of every single paper and most of the stickers.....which are also from kasiercraft.  I have a canvas banner piece from Canvas Corp under my  paper strips as well as ribbons from Webster's Pages and that awesome doodly doo from Prima!  I cut some of the flowers off to spread them around a bit.  My alpha's are from Crate paper's Emma's Shoppe. And the little black banner bits are from the Prima Packaging.
And everything is popped up with gluedots or dimensional foam tape.  
And my title is inspired by the Challenge at Bird is The Word......which is to use the word sweet.  i LOVE BITW!!! I have really missed playing along with their challenges too.
 If you get a chance this week check both of these awesome challenge blogs out.......and of course don't forget about the challenges going on at Lasting Memories AND Digitally Sweet this week too!!

Thanks for dropping by today and taking the time to actually read what I write......lol.  Without you guys I would just be an old crazy lady wandering around with a gluestick in hand babbling to myself :)
\
Hugs n Stuff!
Tina

11 comments:

karenw said...

That's exactly the way I picture you, maybe with a few bits of random paper scraps stuck in your hair...

Loving the pink - I have to rely on nieces for pink LO's as Meaghan is at an age to hate pink. Beautiful photo as well and really like the green with the pink.

have a fun week, crazy glue lady xx

Teresa Jaye said...

WOW! Love this one Tina! All of the inking and embellishments are amazing. You really put it together so beautifully.
I think Thanksgiving on Wednesday with all your guys and relaxing with leftovers on Thursday sounds like a perfect plan - enjoy!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the doily and how you added the birds to the leaves!!!! Have a great Thanksgiving!!!!

Haven_mom4 said...

Tina
I hear you on doing a just for me layout. Thinking about not reapplying for some DT spots I have now so that i can play more. My only worry is not getting stuff done because I have to get it done. Being on the DT has definately been good for output

I did just do a fun one for me too. Playing with Sketches in thyme after a long break from joining them.

Lizzyc said...

HI.. well this looks so beautiful. i love pink, and the sketch is really lovely too.. I love the vine up the side.. and thanks for joining in at BITW!!

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Gorgeous page,love it!!!Thanks for joining us at BITW

Sharon Fritchey said...

Hi Tina! I love this photo so much!!! Your take on the sketch is awesome!!!!!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Lovely layout! Love the pink....but then I am partial pink! :) thanks so much for playing along with us at MCS!

Veronica Goh said...

This is gorgeous! Love the lace and the vine, and how everything is put together! Thanks for playing along with MCS!

Lolô Artesanato said...

Lovely page
xx and tks for playing with us at BITW
Leila
:)

Jodi said...

what a pretty layout! the lace is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at My Creative Sketches!