Saturday, November 17, 2012

Digitally Sweet Challenge #11 Leaves and trees

Ok.......really, I have a GOOD excuse for being late this time!!! Ummmmm......................ok, I lied.  I just got really busy yesterday working on another project and trying to make my Thanksgiving shopping list that I totally lost track of time.  It happens :(  And then yesterday afternoon after I picked the boys up, we were carrying groceries up from the garage and I tripped over an extension cord and took a nasty fall.  I tell ya, I am my own worst enemy!  I sprained my left wrist and banged my right knee up pretty good.  I battered, bruised and sore as the dickens this morning.......andddddd I gotta take Brandon out to get new glasses in a bit.  Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  


ANYWAY..............

You aren't here because you want to hear about my clumsiness.....you wanna know about the latest Digitally Sweet challenge doncha?? This was a fun one for me!!!!  We have an awesome new sponsor this week that I am proud to introduce as well.

(insert theme music)

Trish graciously provided our Design Team with goodies from her shop to play with....OMgosh!!! Go visit, you are gonna LOVEEEE her shop!!!  And this weeks winner will receive a $5 gift certificate to her shop!! Heck, I wish I could win!!!!  Think they would notice if I entered incognito?? hehehe :)

Most of the team picked a fall themed kit to play with........leave it to me to pick a Halloween one with no leaves or trees in the elements....sighhhhh!! BUT she has some awesome design templates that make creating your digi pages a snap!! So that's what I am sharing with you today!

I used one of the templates from her Circle Fun template package.
If you have never worked with templates before you are really missing out!!  The entire design is right there for you....all you gotta do is clip your papers and add your own elements.   Here is the page I created with these awesome templates.....I scrapped a page from out fishing trip back in the summer, that is my 17 year old Jacob and that stuff on his face is what he called a beard........it's ok to laugh, I did......lol
See? It's easy to add your own elements and really turn this into you own layout......and change them up over and over so they don't resemble cookie cutter scrap pages.   You could also flip this baby around, upside down......move the photo around.......just like using a traditional page sketch!  

I picked a kit from  Jady Day Studios called The Great Outdoors.  You can find her products at Scrap matters if you are interested!!
I hope you get a few minutes to play along this week!  remember to add leaves and gtrees to your project and link em up by Thursday....hey, that's turkey day!!!!

Thanks for dropping by!!!
Tina

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry that you hurt yourself! :(

I loveeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the colors and all the arrows!!!!!!

Trish Hughes said...

such a stunning layout, love the kit you used with my templates. Great way to show off both!

Dragonlady said...

I love how the template has worked, love the other kit too.

Hugs Ali x

Ann Cutts said...

You blew my socks off yet again.
Ann xxx

Denise Pustelniak said...

Tina, this looks absolutely FAB! Never thought of using a template! I think I have a short circuit in my brain! LOL! A+

Karen Wilson said...

Oh wow, what a fun kit!! Here we were likely all thinking fall for this challenge and you took it out of the box. Love it!! Great LO!