Monday, November 26, 2012

EEEEK!! I'm in the GDT Spotlight at Colorful Creations!!!

Hello and Happy Monday!!!

I had the day to myself!!!! YES!!!! All the kids went back to school today.....I think I even heard a choir and the angels singing!!!    Let me tell you something......anyone who says that boys are drama free creatures has never tried to raise 6 of them under one roof!!! I'm including Bob because I know he is never gonna grow up either.  And I think 99.9% of all of the drama in the house over the past week has involved food.  What is up with that?????  Trust me, I have no skinny boys.....no one is starving in this house.........yet a bag of jalepeno pretzels or a leftover hamburger can cause such strife!

Anyway.......I had my one day of freedom today and mannnnnnnnnnnnn!!! It felt great!!!   I spent most of it at Hobby Lobby looking for stuff to make some teacher gifts for Christmas......btw....all Christmas decor or Christmas crafting materials are half off right now.......not that I am an enabler or anything :) Merely passing the info along.......

OHHH and I have just gottagottagotta share this photo with you!!!!
Jacob and Chloe spent a lot of time together on their Thanksgiving Break......he went to her house for Thanksgiving Dinner and on Friday they ventured out for the Black Friday fun and festivities (rolls eyes) And Friday night they went to Market Square.  Market Square is the Knoxville version of Times Square.....lol.  We are actually a pretty sleepy little town, but the city is starting to come alive for the holidays.  If ANYTHING is going on in town....its going on at Market Square.  And there are tons of little local artisan shops, bakeries and bars.  It's just a really neat place......they had the Festival Of Trees on Friday night.....lots of  schools and organizations and even companies decorate a tree and it goes on display and can actually be bought.  The coolest thing is all of the money goes to charity. 

I want you to see this photo that Chloe's best friend caught...... 
OMGosh!!! It couldn't be more perfect!!! LOVEEEE it!! And you can bet your mistletoe that I am gonna scrap it!!!! THIS WEEK!!! I have3 some photoshop magic I am working on it first tho.....its gonna be AMAZINGGGGGGG!!!

I have some news that I am SUPER DYNA WHOPPIN excited to share with you today!!!  I am in the GDT member spotlight at Colorful Creations!!! WOOOT!! See.........it's not a dream :)
http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/events/member-spotlight-tina-phillips
Thats me!!!!!!

I'm so excited and beyond honored that they invited me!! I totally love the forum and everyone over there is so nice!! So many awesome challenges each month......seriously, I can't say enough great tings about them without you suspecting I am on the payroll. :)  

Tabitha sent me this fun sketch to tackle.....I really do hope if you are a member you will play along....and if you aren't maybe this will entice you to become one :)
This is probably the closest you will ever see me come to a white space LO.....lol.
So fun!!!

For my take on it I used a photo Of Brandon that I took one day while we were playing in Hobby Lobby.....I don't really live there.....it just seams that way !!! This photo was take just a week or so before Halloween and they had all of the Christmas decor out........and we came across this tree.....a gorgeous tree that was marked HALF OFF!!! You know I do love a bargain......BUT.....even at half off it was still over $500!!!! 

SAY WHAT?????

I can't even begin to fathom spending that amount of money on a tree........and even crazier is the full retail price........and thats how my title was born.........

Holiday Cheer Aint Cheap!!
$999.98...................my goodness.  

All of these papers are from Reminisce's Gingerbread Lane.  SOOOOO many fun little embellies to play with!!!  I just love Mr Snowman there....he is such a cutie!!!

I'm linking up to Paper Issues Holiday Happy (see how to win an assortment of some beautiful Reminisce products while you are over there)

and these other great challenges as well

Kaboodles Doodles  Stripes and or Polkadots
Paper Playtime  Anything goes
The Squirrel and The Fox Anything goes

Thanks so much for visiting with me today and a huge thank you to Colorful Creations for featuring me!!!

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the GDT spotlight!! That is AWESOME!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! I love love love love love the papers and that price is INSANE!!! WOW!!!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a fabulous lo!! That's one expensive tree!! Congrats on the GD spot. They are fortunate to have you!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

Love your layout!! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Tracy Boobaloo said...

love the layout, The papers are fab !

Thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Tracy x

PaulaJ said...

So happy to have you as our GDT in the Member Spotlight! Great job with the sketch!

Kelly Massman said...

Congrats on your guest spot and cute layout--I agree! Holiday Cheer ain't cheap! :-)

mum of two said...

What a great project! I love the layout's sketch and the picture. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime! Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com