Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Early Thanksgiving!!

Happy whatever day it is!!!! 

Actually today is my oldest son Matthew's 20th birthday! 
TWENTY?!?!?!?!?! 

How odd it is that I have a son the same age as myself huh??? :)  
Happy Birthday Matty!!!!
Jesse thought he would look cute in this hat........lol.  

Those of you who have followed my blog for a while know that Matthew is Autistic.  I hate to keep bringing it up, but I know sometimes when I am telling a story about Matt some might not understand his reactions and most assume when I am talking about one of my kids keeping me up screaming all night I am talking about an itty bitty feller..........and once people find out Matt is 20 and still in high school they kinda raise an eyebrow.  I've gotten quite used to the odd looks, trust me!!  It doesn't bother me anymore......I realize that most people just don't understand what they can't see.  It's no ones fault.....it's just how things are.

So happy birthday kiddo!!!!!

We are celebrating our Thanksgiving tomorrow since Bob has to work on  Thursday.  He is a cab driver and cabs run 24/7.  And we already know he has to work on Christmas.......which really stinks!!  But someone has to do it I guess.  Hopefully he won't have to pull an entire 12 hour shift like he works everyday.  But if he does I hope the tips rock!! lol  I'm not going to complain because his having a job is one of the things I am most thankful for this year.  For the past several years Bob has been on disability.  He has a slew of health issues and earlier in the year the government decided that tho he was still physically disabled, he wasn't so disabled he couldn't hold a job.  And I'm sure anyone who has been job hunting in the past year (like me!!!) knows jobs are so very hard to come by.  I was sure we would be homeless and lose our house and everything but we have been truly blessed and able to hold it all together.  We just make ends meet but there are o many others out there who are truly suffering and going without the bare necessities.  I have my family, a roof over my head,food in my belly, clothes on my back and awesome friends.  I couldn't possibly need anything more......God is good :)

Now to switch gears a little bit I wanna share another page I created the other night.  
Isn't this sketch from Creative Craft World  awesome??  
I rarely scrap more than a couple of photos so this one was a stretch for me but so fun!!! I had my photos printed 2 per 4 x 6 photo at Walgreens.  If you choose the collage option it cost more.....like 40 cents I think.  With the special this week I got several printed 2 per photo sheet for 12 cents.  Brilliant!! And I love that I can do some of the multi photo layouts!!  And you know I loved the banner :)  

These pix are from Halloween and I used some scraps of Reminiscence  Moonshine Crew....I think it turned out super cute!!!
Welp.......that's it for me.....I have pies to bake and eggs to devil tonight!! I hope you have a most wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and loved ones!!!!

Be blessed!!
Tina



8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeee your lo! LOVING the candy corn banner!!! And HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Matt!!!! You know I can relate to the looks with everything Brookie went through with her surgeries... so girl... I feel your pain!! It's never easy :) I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

MiniOwner said...

I just love what you have done with my sketch - a super page. Thank you for joining in with us at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

A super page Tina! Great photos and I just love the halloween stickers. So glad you could join us at Creative Craft World this month :)Sarah xx

susibee said...

What a great fun page, thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World.

Lou said...

What a gorgeous LO, Happy birthday Matty and Happy thanksgiving too :) hope you all have a lovely time. Thank you for joining in with the scrap map over at CCW.

Lou x

Ann Cutts said...

Happy Birthday Mathew - have a fun packed day and year ahead too.
Ann xxx

Sarah said...

Love what you have done with the sketch, thanks for joining us on CCW...hugs Sarah x x x x

Ali said...

This is insanely cute! :)

Great photos and a really bright and cheerful page - and I love all the fun and cute halloween images! :D

Thanks for joining in the scrap map challenge at CCW.

Ali