Sunday, November 18, 2012

LMLC #115 Stamp those LOs!!!

Happy Sunday!!!!

Time for another great challenge from Lasting Memories to hep you get those holiday layouts scrapped and in the books where they belong!!  I know getting time to do much of anything crafty this time of year is difficult at best.  But keep in mind that if you feel like slapping that one obnoxious uncle who always manages to drink too much and get too loud at the holiday gatherings, or if your very well meaning mother in law(rolls eyes) says one more word about your cooking you will bust her upside the head with a turkey leg............well, we are here for stress relief !!!  Sometimes we need to kinda pull back from all the holiday histle and bustle (which is ONLY gonna get worse from here one out!!) and get a little creative therapy in to help maintain your sanity!

What?? My family is the ONLY one that tries to kill one another during the festive holiday gatherings?? Somehow I had that feeling......sighhhhhhhhhhhh.

This week at Lasting Memories we challenge you to pull out all of those stamps you have that are just collecting dust and stamp on those layouts!!

It's ok if you groan ...really.  I did too.  I have TONS of stamps and never use them.  Why I keep buying them I'll never know.  I keep saying that one day I will be a great cardmaker and be able to color like a pro instead of a preschooler.  But it hasn't  happened yet so why not put them to use on a layout?

I admit I was intimidated and couldn't bring myself to stamp directly on my layout.  So I stamped on scrap card stock and fussy cut it out .  Go ahead and call me a chicken......I don't care!!!  And whatta ya know??  I actually like the little extra something it added to my layout!!  Go figure :)  

I went a little vintage with my layout and scrapped a photo from long ago of my Daddy one Christmas .  I was hesitant to scrap the photo because it's old (remember those instant poloroid cameras??) and I was really unsure how to scrap it.  But I used this sketch from STUCK?? and it came together beautifully for me.
And yeah I realize my layout doesn't much resemble the sketch........I took a left turn at Albuquerque when I shoulda took a right......lol.  I did ok building my base and then one of the boys wanted to use the computer for important school research.........meaning to find out who likes who and who is going to be fighting after school this week. And then I was left on my own and veered off course......I probably saw something shiny and went to investigate, and then...OHHHH look!!! A squirrel!!! 

I have attention issues......:)
You would never have guessed that from reading my posts would ya?? lol

So....here is my creation using a ton of different companies stuff.
I have Kaisercraft, Webster's Pages, Echo Park ,Cosmo Cricket And Reminiscence.  
My stamps at the big 25........it was from a foot long pack of clear stamp numbers from hampton Arts.  Seriously it was really called Foot Long!!  And i stamped the word memories with some random clear stamp that I have no clue where it came from. So yeah I did play it safe but I think this is something I wouldn't mind doing again :)

We'd love for you to take a few minutes to de-stress and play along with us!!   It might make putting up with the mother in law a lil easier this Thanksgiving :)

8 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

What a great layout Tina! Hey, I noticed you won at AC the other day. I'm sure you saw but..

Lori said...

Beautiful layout! I'm not usually brave enough to stamp directly on my layout, either! I've been using my stamps more and more lately, so maybe I'll be able to play along this month!

The Bookin Room said...

OMG!!! I totally love reading your page! It's exactly how I think but I never thought to think out loud on my page...don't be surprised if you start to see mine looking like that!!lol!! I love your LO, love the xmas lights and I also keep buying stamps and NEVER use them! If you look closely in my video you will see I stamped onto my page then totally covered it up by stamping the SAME EXACT stamp onto cardstock and covered it!! LMFAO!!
xoxo Charity LMDT

Toni Herron said...

lol.. You crack me up with your posts Tina!!
No, your family isn't the only ones like that at celebration times!! Mine is too.. (We can gossip and moan to each other later!)
And, hey, whats the matter with colouring like a pre-schooler?? I DO! hahahah.......... I think we should score points for at least a little effort in trying! lol..
And I LOVE this layout by the way! awesome!! Off look Squirrel, bye Toni.. xoxo

Haven_mom4 said...

Laughing so Hard again. Love your post. Squirrel

Michele said...

Oh How I have missed your posts. Not because you have been missing... but I have. :) Oh my gosh... I feel the same way about my family that you do about yours. I actually like my MIL... but some of the other family members need to catch a clue. Thankfully, we are celebrating Thanksgiving with my parents ... so low key. Well your layout brings tears to me eyes. I have yet to dive into my ancient photo stash. Love your christmas lights below the photo!!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Tina, THIS ROCKS! A+ (Hey you have 4.0 average)

Elizabeth Campau said...

AWESOME!!! And thanks for the giggle, sometimes it can feel like we are the only ones in the world with dysfunctional families. Love your post!