Thursday, November 29, 2012

The much requested Butterfinger Cake Recipe!!

Good morning!!!  Gosh.......is it this cold where you are today?? I dunno the actual  air temp but I am FREEZING!!  If any birds have flown south for the winter they are probably pretty ticked right about now!!  I'm bundled up in Bob's clothes.......sipping on a chai tea latte with my heat on.  Freezing I tell ya!!!!

I've been pretty busy the last couple of days, trying to get Christmas gifts done, photos sent to be printed, card list made and of course some DT projects/  So even tho I have been relatively quiet I have been doing something destructive......errrr....constructive I mean!! I have some really cool stuff to share with you next week!!!

I have a few requests for the recipe for Butterfinger cake!!  It has made the list of kid approved recipes in my house.....I think there are a total of five recipes on there.....lol.  I will warn you....this is not a figure friendly recipe!!! Unlss you don't mind your figure looking like a weeble :)  It's really tasty tho and a true crowd pleaser.......it's one that I take often to church potlucks and gatherings and NEVER have leftovers!  Our church pastor lovingly refers to this as Butt 'r' Finger cake.......as in :which is your favorite park of the cake...the butt or the finger???

I wish I were kidding ......the man ain't right! But at least he makes Sunday Services fun......lol.

I found the recipe on Pinterest (of course) and it comes from  Posed Perfection.
And mine never looks this pretty!! But then again I let my kids help in the kitchen....and y'all have seen the photos of Jesse helping out....it's a wonder anything makes it into the pan!

Butterfinger Cake
1 box yellow cake mix and the ingredients to make it.
7 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
1 tub of frozen whipped topping, thawed
6-7 fun-size Butterfinger candy bars

Prepare cake mix as directed and bake the cake. A few minutes before the cake comes out of the oven, combine the sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in a small saucepan, heating until it is warm and creamy. While the peanut butter mixture is heating, place the candy bars in a ziplock bag and crush with a mallet, or chop with a knife until crumbly. Remove the cake from the oven and poke holes all over it with a knife. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the warm cake and spread to get into all the holes. Sprinkle the cake with half of the Butterfinger crumbs. Cool cake completely.  Spread whipped topping over all the cake and sprinkle with remaining Butterfinger crumbs. 

Super easy!!!  And super rich too!!  But whether your crowd like the Butt or the Finger they will totaly dig this one!!!

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to see my reveal for Digitally Sweet Challenges...... am soooooo proud of my creation and it's killing me to sit on it til tomorrow!!!  I bought myself some ECHO PARK digital goodies!!!! EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!  Even if you aren't a digital scrapper check out JessicaSprague.com .  All of Echo Parks kits are on sale right now for 40% off!!! I especially love the element kits because I never ever have enough stickers or journaling cards......probably cuz I pile them on everything......lol.  But this makes it really easy and cost effective to print them out as you need them and go hybrid.  In fact I will have some hybrid projects to share with you next week using EP!!

I have another busy weekend on tap so I am trying to enjoy my last free day of the week......Tomorrow Steven has a NJROTC Color guard to perform at AND the Central High School NJROTC will be in our local Christmas parade!!!!!! This is exciting stuff!!  And HOPEFULLY I can get the tree put up!!!  We normally put it up on Thanksgiving night but I have been feeling pretty Hum Buggish and putting it off and putting it off.  So it's this weekend!!!! For sure, maybe......lol.  

Enjoy your day!! Be back tomorrow...... :)
Tina

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh yum!!!!!!

Leslie said...

This cakesounds amazing!!! So easy, too! I'm so glad you're familiar with and love Derby pie!! You're right, so many helpless people are clueless about it! :D I hope you can try my recipe out sometime.
Blessings,
Leslei