Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Frosted Designs 3rd day of Christmas challenge

Well, it's all over but the cleanup now huh? 

My Christmas this year was awesome! I stressed and struggled for weeks leading up to it and somehow everything was OK.........another lesson learned.  God knows what he is doing....I do not!!   Let him deal with it!!  :)  

Today's post is rather short......lucky you.......lol.  Here in a bit I am gonna throw on some clothes and run out to the store........not sure if that is a great idea on the day after Christmas or not but  I need coffee and the kids need food.  And if 'm lucky I might score an after Christmas deal.  Tomorrow I'm taking the kids out to spend their Christmas cash from the grandparents.  Steven had cash of his own earlier in the month and bought himself a super cool light up xbox controller......and it quit working after 5 minutes.....lol.  So we are going to return it and I know my boys....... game-stop will never be the same....lol.  They will drop all of their money there and that will be the only place I have to take them....Yayyyyyy! And my plan gets even better........Hobby Lobby is right across the street!!!!  I got a decent chunk of Christmas cash but I am always so hesitant to spend it on myself.  With money being as tight as it has been for us the last few months I just can't justify it. But I will buy a little something and put the rest aside.  Thank you  Santa!!!!

I promised to keep this kinda short.......so today I am sharing a little tag I created for Frosted Designs 12 days of Christmas Challenge.  I'm not going in any particular order....just kinda hopping around and doing my own thing cuz going in order is boring......lol.  I take this same approach to my DT assignments...I hop all over the place and then go back and do whats left. Crafty ADHD :)

A while back I had gotten a wonderful stash of mixed media goodies from a Paper Haus blog hop.  And  the day I got them I painted a shipping tag with one of the inks and left it to dry and then....forgot about it......lol.  (also a result of crafty ADHD)  I came across it the other day while cleaning some stuff out of my craft caddy and there it was.  So I stuck it away again and them pulled it out after seeing the 3rd day challenge was to use 3 paints, inks or mists.  I could do this one!!!!  And its something totally different and kinda out of the box for me....and I love making a mess......lol.  

So I guess I will show this to you first and then tell you what I did....
The first layer of paint is Tattered Angels Glimmer, Glam Glitter Paint.  
Try saying that 3 times real fast......lol.  The color is Blue Suede Shoes......and I really just kinda dripped it all over with a paint dropper and let it do its thing and dry.  Then a month later.......cuz that's how I roll.......I used my fingers to spread Extreme Glitter paint by Plaid...it driers clear and really just gives a glittery feel to anything you use it on....and the more you layer it the better it looks.....it's a shame the glitter effect doesn't show up on my computer.  I fussy cut the lil snow man from some paper from Reminisce and the snowflake is actually a left over gift tag I found as we were coming up the steps from the garage last night.....lol. I pop dotted them both and then went over both of them with the glitter paint. There are some white blobs all over this thing that are SUPPOSED to be snow falling....lol.  I used stamps from a Hobby Lobby pack with no name......lol.  I found them with the Christmas stuff a few weeks back......seriously, no brand name on them.......but it was for card making and had some cute little things in the set.  I used snowflakes and the Let it snow and I had a white stampabilities stamp pad that was extremely juicy.......and it kinda spread out  and gave it this messy look.  But it's ok, I kinda like it.........I added a sheer white ribbon and called it good!!  I'm going to make many more of these....perfect for cards and gift bags!!! And FUN!!!!!

Don't forget, if you have been pondering playing along, you have til Dec 31 to link up! Still plenty of time if you get crackin!!!!!  I think this is one of the most fun things they have done Frosted  Designs and really hope they make this a yearly thing :)

Ok....I'm off to do my thing!  Have a great day!!!
Tina

4 comments:

Tracey Sabella said...

Beautiful tag, Tina!! Love the girlie grunge background!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love your tag!! LOVING the background and the snowman!!!!!

Channa said...

Excellent tag! Thank you for joining us at Frosted designs. Channa

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful tag, Tina! I love all the texture. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Paper Smooches December DT Blog Hop!