Saturday, December 29, 2012

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Good morning everyone!

This is the first morning in a week that I have been up before noon.....lol.  I'm trying to get back into my normal groove!!! I've been up since about eight (still sleeping in, just not sleeping all day!!) and have had a couple of cups of coffee and made a big batch of home made pancakes for the kids.  Home made ones are so darn easy and cheap that I don't even bother with mixes anymore.......and the kids love them.....score!!!  I have a load of laundry in the was.....I didn't know it was possible ton get sick of wearing sweats but I'm there!!  I may wanna leave the house at some point over the weekend and not scare the heck out of everyone.....not likely, but it could happen....lol.   Other than that my weekend plans include putting up the Christmas decor and tree and decluttering my living room!!

Kinda boring actually....

I've taken a mini break from Frosted Designs 12 days of Christmas challenges.........I say mini cuz I do have more projects, they just aren't photographed yet!!! I gotta get hustlin cuz I only have a couple more days til the challenge deadline and I am only halfway thru them all!  I am extra super motivated now cuz my friend Christine finished them ALL!!!!  I feel like such a slacker now.........lol.  I really should be getting ahead on my DT projects, but why do today what you can put off til tomorrow right? lol.  

Speaking of DT's.........my friend Kimberly from LMLC has been rocking some cards lately!  I am super impressed!! I knew she was a talented scrapper but she has been keeping her card making skills secret!!!!   A couple of days ago I was catching up on my blog reading and came across this stunning card on her blog......(drop in and visit her and say hey!!)
I absolutely fell in love with it!!!  I told her I was gonna lift it so now the pressure is on......lol.  I loved the white on white of her card, unfortunately every single time I attempted this card I added a pop of bright color........I will get this right eventually!!!   And remember yesterday the little shopping spree I told you about?  Look what I found....PERFECT for white on white cards with a little extra detailing in the pearlized patterns...
This pad is seriously stunning in person.....and everything was half off at Hobby Lobby!!!  Normally I don't advocate going to the Hobby Lobby........lol. I have had some BAD experiences there....including being asked, not so nicely, to stop taking photos of their Christmas setup when they put it out back in October........yeah, I am a secret agent for Micheal's!!!!  Geeeze!!  But I just happened to be by there and really needed a couple of things (or thought I did....lol) and this pad was actually marked down to 10 bucks....and I got half off that at the register....SCORE!!!  Anddddddd you ribbon lovers......I found this in the fabric and notions dept..........in the discount bin.
Basically it's odds and ends.........30 yards of assorted for a buck 99..........no kidding!! I bought 2 bags and will most likely never need ribbon again.......lol.  And the ribbons are GORGEOUS!!! I used them on my lift of Kimberly's card!!! See??
I left one blank because I liked the look of it, but I did add to it later........I'll show you in an upcoming post!!

Kimberly , I know they don't hold a candle to your little gem but I tried :)  And as I tell EVERYONE.........join in cuz you have heard me say this a million times now......
I AM NOT A CARD MAKER!!!

But I do love these little babies........and they are going out in the mail today!!!
I LOVE the ribbon on this one.....don't judge, I can't tie a bow either......lol.  The cute little stickers  are from Paper Studio too......I thought they'd be perfect for some Christmas thank you cards :)  The stamp set is also from Hobby Lobby....the no name set.....seriously, no name on it anywhere!!!!  It's cute tho!!!
I think this one is my fave :)
And this one is just stunning as is.......I think these would be beautiful little notecards with a mongram in the middle or corner :)

So there ya go!!! My copycat cards :)  I've lifted another friend and you will see that one later too......I have no mojo of my own so I am stealing it.......LOL.

I'm entering the following challenges...
Cute Card Thursday Anything Goes
Litlte Miss Muffet Anything Goes
Pause, Dream, Create Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant Anything Goes
The Squirrel and The Fox Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut Anything Goes
Crafts for eternity 1,2,3 recipe....one image, 2 ribbons, 3 layers

Thanks so much for dropping by today!! I'm off to clean and create....and not necessarily in that order.....lol
Tina


17 comments:

Christy said...

Those are AWESOME!!!!!! I think I'm partial to the little penguin one. I'm a sucker for penguins...so CUTE! And I think it's a perfect bow!!!

Hazel said...

Love your CASEd versions - and what a bargain you got - thanks for linking for my CHNC challenge 105 - hope to see you again soon. x

Karen Wilson said...

Tina, these are awesome for a "non card maker"!! Great work and Kimberly will love them!! She'll be flattered :)

I love them all, but like Christy, LOVE the penguin!! And that bow!! You rocked that one!!

Ok, so you mean you're taking your tree DOWN, not putting it up?? LOL!! I took everything down in our front room as well. I still have one tree up in the back (we had 2) .. but our front room now looks so empty (and CLEAN! LOL!)

Enjoy your day!!

Kimberly Clark said...

Oh my goodness Tina you cards rock! You say you aren't a card maker. Well you just proved your self wrong. They look amazing! I am so honored that you picked my card to lift!

Kelly Massman said...

very cute!! i can see why you liked that format! :-)

Elizabeth Campau said...

Very cute Tina! My Christmas stuff is all in boxes ready to go to storage. Now if it would quit snowing so we could go to storage... sigh

So hoping I will be able to scrap this week and join all of you again:) I have missed you!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are ADORABLE!!!! Love them!!!!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the CAS winter cards. They are cute. Thanks for entering PDE Anything Goes challenge. I host a wkly challenge at Marks Finest Papers Simple Salutations in which this wk the challenge is Anyuthing Goes Card with sentiment. Please enter & let them know I sent you. I've photographed in Hobby Lobby & other stores but as a rule I always ask if I can photograph first. Some stores have a sign that indicates no photos allowed. HL has always allowed me to photograph their Christmas trees & such.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
PDE DT
MFP SS Hostess

Haven_mom4 said...

Stunning cards

L.B. said...

What fun. Love the papers and your cute designs. very very sweet imitations!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Wow, such sweet cards!! Happy New Year! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Teresa Jaye said...

ooooooo purdy! nice "lift" !!!!!
One more day to play along at Frosted Designs! - c'mon, you can DO IT!!! The prizes are fabulous - hope you win!

Jenny said...

Cute cards, I can see why you wanted to lift this idea. So pretty! Jen xx

Carla S. said...

Super cute cards, Tina! Thanks for joining in on our Little Miss Muffet challenge!

Frea said...

Such lovely cards, great job! Thanks for sharing at Little Miss Muffet Challenges. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs Frea, DT member LMM Challenges

michele said...

Thank-you for sharing your fabulous creation with us at Crafts 4 Eternity! hugs x

Chris said...

Hi Tina, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/