Monday, December 3, 2012

LMLC #117 Snow Falling On Cedars

Is it beginning to feel a lot like Christmas where you are??? Last week it was so dang cold here......this week we are up to almost 80!!!! Tis the season I guess :)

This week we have an awesome challenge for you to help put you get rid of the bah hum bugs!! Our challenge this week at LMLC is "Snow Falling On Cedars"  And we wanna see those snowy layouts!!  It's sure a lot prettier to look at then actually have to get out in!  My friends from up north are used to the snow....but down her we don't see much of it....even with me being about 30 minutes from The Great Smokey Mountains.  Hard to believe huh?  Here in Knoxville we are actually down in a valley.  We have mountains all around us and they actually act as a buffer to most of the more severe weather. So while they may get a foot or more in the mountains, we are lucky to see and inch or two........and people do freak out!!!  They have actually called off school here in our county because there was merely snow in the forecast.......and it never showed up......of course the kids loved that!!!

Last year we actually had a White Christmas.......totally unexpected!! We woke to a scattering of snow that morning.   It was gone by afternoon but I don't think there is anything more magical than snow on the ground Christmas day!!!

I created my layout using the sketch at Ideas For Scrapbookers.  For you digi scrappers there is also a free template in PSD for your snagging pleasure!!
I just loved this sketch the moment I saw it and was excited to be able to use it for my layout!

And if you are stuck for a way to even get started on a layout for this challenge we also have a sketch up on the LMLC blog.  It's not required to play along with us but it's there if you want to play with it and see what you can do....its a cute one too!!!

Here/s my layout and what an East Tn white Christmas looks like.........at least in MY part of East Tennessee............LOL.
This is the view from my basement.......lol.  There is this undeveloped area of land that I am hesitant to really call wooded/.......just kinda like a lot with a few trees.....lol.  I used
I used a mixture of goodies from Reminisce, American Crafts, My Minds Eye, and Echo Park.  I love the mixture of red and grey!!  I added a bit of red ink pen tracing around some of the white letters, just the ones that were against the white and grey paper to make them pop on the monitor.  It is just beautiful in person and if I didn't have to photograph it I probably would have left it alone.

I have a plethora of challenges to list for this layout so bare with me.....you may even find a new blog or two to follow!! :)

Unique Crafters Anything Christmas (and they have a super cute digi stamp of a Christmas Tree for free on their blog)
Pin and tack Spark Your Creativity NOW Anything goes
The Squirrel and the Fox Summer Or Winter
Pause Dream Enjoy Forgotten Stash (the grey and red glittered paper behind the photo and the red and white polka dotted n ribbon...both have been hanging around in my stash for over 2 years)
Go Fish Any Christmas themed project
Get Creative Layout/bingo challenge
I used Pattern paper, stickers and glitter (glittered paper and white letters)
Berry71bleu White Christmas
Pile It On Pile on the embellies (i usually clutter mine up more than this......but used every snowflake in my stash....lol)
Paper Issues 50 shades of Basic Grey (use either basic grey products OR the color grey.......lots of grey on my layout)
Love To Create Christmas Cheer

We'd love to see your snowy layouts so link up for us at LMLC!!! Be sure to visit the rest of the DT because there is some SUPER mojo brewin!!!!

Have a grest day!!
Tina


34 comments:

NancyD said...

Super holiday layout! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create. NancyD

Bellaidea said...

Very nice work, hank you so much for joining our new challenge at Berry 71 Bleu! Just for your info :),
"3. You may submit as many entries as you want and combine your entry with up to 2 other challenges.", we still love your work!

Michelle said...

Wow this LO is great. I like the christmascolors.
Thanks for joining us at CYP.
XXX Michelle

Haven_mom4 said...

Wooded.. maybe, but it sure is pretty covered in snow.

The Bookin Room said...

I'm sooo gonna have to use that sketch!! I LOVE it!! and I love the colors you used, but I think my fave is all the snowflakes on the side! ADORABLE!!
xoxo Charity LMDT

Amanda Coleman said...

Your layout is so pretty and festive. I love how you used non-traditional colors! Thanks for joining us this month at Unique Crafters Challenge!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Well... you know where I live... we NEVER have snow! I miss it so much!! I loveeeeeeee your lo!!! LOVING the banners and loveeeeee the snowflakes!!!!

Crafty and Green said...

Great Take on the sketch!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create for our Holiday Cheer Challenge!! We really appreciate your support!! See you again soon!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Ann Cutts said...

hi Tina - bad girl not reading the rules - I would never do that!! LOL At least your hand smacking was done with charm.
Love your page and all the info about where you live. Such a shame to be only able to share with 3 challenges.
Ann xxx

elenigratsia said...

Wowza, I think you need an award for being able to combine so many challenges!! :) Great layout, lovely colours and embellies, and you got BINGO as well!!!

Thank you so much for playing with us at Get Creative!!!

Paper Issues said...

This is so pretty, love the red and grey combo! Thanks for linking up at Paper Issues--I'll be featuring your page on Thursday!

Kraftylittlebox said...

Beautiful layout, love all the snowflakes
Thanks for joining us at LTC
Hugs Klair x

Vicky Varvadouka said...

That's a lovely Christmas layout! Thanks for playing at b71b!!

Michele said...

Ohhh Tina... this is simple gorgeous!!! I LOVE the whole darn thing!!!

Denise Pustelniak said...

WOW! Fab LO! I love the way you did the sketch! You get an A+, even though you didn't read the rules. I had no idea what you and Ann were talking about! (now I do! LOL!)

Diana said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Elizabeth Campau said...

Oh Tina, I think this is my favorite layout of yours yet! Absolutely beautiful! Well done:)

Kimberly Clark said...

Tina - love the banners and you are so lucky you had a white Christmas - you must have stolen our snow... make sure you send it back this year - i missed it :(

ps: i do a ton of challenges as well.. hint - i stopped following the ones that limit me - well there are a few special ones but most allow unlimited :)

scrap joanny said...

wow very nice :-) this is perfect for us challenge - thank so much for playing wiht craftyourpassionchallenges - hugs Joanna

Ruza Rebel said...

Such a grogeous layout! Love the view from your window! Thank you for joining us this week over at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
Ruza, LTC DT

Elina said...

Such a wonderful christmas layout!!! Love the stickers!!! Thanks for joining us at GEt Creative!!!! Good luck to all the challenges!

Laura said...

Beautiful LO

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

Lovely LO! Love all of your snowflakes. It is rare that I get to enjoy a White Christmas here in Texas too. Thanks for playing along with us @ PDEChallenges.
Blessings,
Belinda

Sudha said...

Gorgeous festive creation. I love this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

Irini said...

fantastic layout fabulous job with the bingo challenge...thank you so much for playing along with us at Get Creative!
hugz
irini

Helen said...

A beautiful lay-out and perfect for our challenge.

Thanks for sharing with us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

Helen x

Tracey Sabella said...

What a gorgeous photo of your white Christmas. Love your take on the sketch using the snowflakes in place of the flowers!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Dragonlady said...

Wow hun this is fabulous, love your take on that sketch - looks a bit scary but you have done a beautiful job.

Hugs Ali x

Elena Stefanidou said...

Perfect color combination.I love all those snowflakes on the left.Thank you very much for joining us at get creative and i wish you a happy new year.

Marivic Clifton said...

Lovely LO! Thanks for playing along with us at berry71bleu!!

geoleoan said...

lovely page with beautiful elements!!

Helen said...

Fabulous!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Happy New Year!
Helen x

BethieJ said...

Your LO is BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks for joining us at PIO!!
Happy New Year! Have a GREAT day!

Kimberly Clark said...

back again... i am a little slow after the holidays on commenting. love your LO - nice to see it added to the PIO challenge :)
thanks for joining us at Pile it on - hope to see you this week for our new challenge black/White +one :) Kimberly