Friday, December 28, 2012

More fun with Frosted Designs 12 days of Christmas

It's FRIDAYYYYYYYYY!!!

Or so I've been told.......the whole holiday thing and the kids being on break has really gotten me messed up!!!    The relative peach and quiet has been replaced with the normal fussing and bickering that goes on here normally.......it couldn't last forever right??  I love having my kids home (for the most part) and I know one day I will look back and miss all the noise and chaos.  But then again they will probably all have several children they will leave at my house often so THEY can get some peace and quiet.....lol  A friend of mine in a yahoo group was talking today about how much she misses the "old days" Her kids are all grown now and they choose to spend the holidays with their own families......they do visit.....but it's just not the same.   So I think I'll keep my rowdy boys as long as I can!!!!  Too much quiet would turn me into a crazy cat lady anyway :)

I'm still playing along with Frosted Designs 12 days of Christmas challenges!! I had high hope of getting them ALL completed.......but time is running out!!!  I may brew a big pot of coffee and stay up all night crafting!!!  Today I wanna share my go at day 7.........Seven Sparkly Snowflakes!

This challenge actually sent me on a shopping spree......yep. ALL THEIR FAULT!!! As if I need a push to go scrappy shopping!    ButI had these really pretty snowflakes from American Crafts BUT nothing to go with them.  Or so I thought.  So while at Hobby Lobby yesterday I saw that not only is all the Christmas decor marked 66% off.......but ALL Scrap paper and pads were HALF OFF!!!! 
I went in looking for maybe 2 sheets of paper to match my snowflakes and spent $30 bucks........lol.  Funny how that always works huh??

Then I had a rough time working with a sketch and tore everything up and started over MANY times before finally settling on this sketch from Scrap FIT workout #82
From there on it kinda took on a life of it's own.......and I used mostly scraps from my stash after all.....sighhhhhhhhh!!!!  Not one single sheet is Christmassy themed but I did a Christmassy/wintery layout anyway.......this is one of the photos I told you about the other day that I had problems with getting developed properly.  But Walgreens fixed it for me free of charge  and I'm really happy with how they turned out.  And i'm fairly happy with my layout as well.....the more I look at it the more I like it :)
Again, there is Jacob with that THING on his head!!!!  The photos ere taken in the Old City at a place called Crutch park.......they went thru the entire park and decorated EVERYTHING.  It's really a sight to see. And i am so lucky that Chloe loves to take pix......lol.. As long as she and Jacob are together I won't have any shortage of  photos to scrap :)  The papers are a combo of Echo Park, Glitz, ScrapCake, and MME.  I layered it all atop a grey sheet of AC card stock and added some white paint that I dry brushed on to give a more wintery look to the layout.  I went over the Thickers too and LOVE how it reminds me of snow drifts :)
I think I am going to go over the letters again with the sparkly paint before I stick this one into the album.    You can't see it on the snowflakes but each and every one of them have glitter and they all have a sparkly gem in the middle of them as well..

I'm also joining in the "Winter" themed challenge at Little Scrap Pieces :)

I spent $30  and didn't use one single thing I bought on this layout......LOL.  This is why I have no credit cards :) I have had that MME sheet FOREVER and was glad to finally be able to put it to use!!!  It's the purple and pink sheet :)

Thanks for stopping by!!
Tina

11 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful Layout Great colors and design..
Thank you for joining us at Little Scrap pieces.
LSP--DT member
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this!! LOVING all the pennants and that title work ROCKS!!!!!

Christy said...

Awesome job! I'm getting ready to start that one! I'm trying to do all 12 days too, but have to go back and read if they cared if they were all in one post. :) Can't wait to see the rest of your days...

Lynn Le5 said...

Wow! Great take on Diana's sketch. Love all those snowflakes!!!
Thanks so much for joining us at ~ScrapFIT~

Shelly said...

Wow, what a pretty layout! Such gorgeous colors!

Thank you for joining us at Little Scrap pieces.

Have a SUPER evening!
LSP--DT member Shelly

Haven_mom4 said...

No more shopping sprees you hear me. Unless you buy me something too.

Teresa Jaye said...

loving this color palette Tina! All the layers look so great and the title is amazing! You still have 3 days to finish up the Frosted Designs challenges so lock yourself in the scrap room and go for it! Maybe you can use that brand new paper for one of the other days!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great lay-out! Nice colors and great design! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

Sherrie K. said...

BEAUTIFUL layout! I am lovin' the colors and the title-super cool! Great job!
Thanks for joining us in the challenge at Little Scrap Pieces!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
DT Member

Karen said...

stunning love the soft colors and all the fabulous details! thank you so much for joining the LSP "winter" Challenge. Karen

Denise Pustelniak said...

I got side-tracked ,Tina! This is GORGEOUS!