Sunday, December 23, 2012

Twas the night before....the night before Christmas :)

Happy Holidays my friends!!!

Gosh I have missed you all SO much!  
Lots going on here.......I have had a nasty case of stomach flu for over a week now.  Dealing with general family drama that is so prevalent for us all this time of year and a major bout of the holiday blues.

I think this year has been so much worse than others because so many of us are still trying to make sense out of the senseless.  And my heart is still breaking...not just for the families in Connecticut, but for anyone missing a loved one this time of year.  it's rough!

I took a bit of a break because I just did not have the motivation to do much of anything but lay around and cry and ask WHY??  So many of my close blog friends are going thru super tough time right now as well.......I mean really....it seems so much worse this year than in years past.  And really all I can do is offer a big fat cyber hug and a shoulder to cry on if needed.  

Next year will be better!!!  I think maybe this may be a message to us all to not take so much for granted and to be happy with what we have instead of unhappy about what we don't have.  We are so much more blessed than any of us realize ...because we all have each other! And we have this wonderful little universe I like to call blogville........because I can't come up with a more clever name at the moment...lol........and in blogville we all love each other and are so inspired by one another...it's a pretty awesome little place actually......and I'm so glad you are there with me!!!

So a couple of days ago I finally pulled myself up out of my depression and let the spirit of the season sprinkle me with it's happiness.......which looks a LOT like glitter, just in case you were wondering :) And I managed to get a few things done, some gifts wrapped and some ornaments made.....I didn't get cards out this year...to ANYONE.....not even family.  So tonight I am going to make a couple of special cards to give to my elderly neighbors across the road and to Bob's mom.......Oh and to Jacob's g/f's family..........who has been such a HUGE blessing this year.........to make a long story short, I wasn't sure I could even afford Christmas gifts for the kids.  The economy here SUCKS, Bob's job barely pays the bills......and I was put in a position where I had to choose between gifts and having a roof over our heads.  Easy decision actually, but really hard to explain to a young one who still believes in Santa.  I tormented myself about how to sit him down and talk to him and explain.  

I'm tearing up again typing this....ARGH!!!!

But Chloe's mother went out and bought Jesse a huge gift, and it was something he really wanted and I couldn't buy.  

And then a few days after that some money i had been looking for for months came thru....not a lot, but enough to buy a few presents from Santa to go along with the clothes I had bought that he already knew about.  

Normally I don't lend a lot of credence to "Christmas Miracles"  This year I am making an exception :)

Ok.... happy faces now people!!! Really, I didn't come here to make anyone cry or feel sorry for me.  I just want anyone who is going thru a rough time to know that once you let go of that which you have absolutely no control over....a higher power moves in and makes everything right :)  And really, my problems are so small compared to some of my friends who are going thru divorce, battling cancer, recovering from serious accidents...if they can keep smiling , surely I can muddle thru ya know???

Enough of my blabber.......I have a super cute ornament to share with you.....and this is a gift for Chloe's mother :)  I had a couple of these little wooden birdhouses I had bought at dollar tree sometime back.....not sure why, just cuz they were a dollar probably.....lol.  I do things like that.....lol.  And wayyyyyyyy back in June I won a Christmas Collection from a scrap manufacturers blog........I won't mention the company but you will most likely know when you see my project...lol.  I refuse to even mention the name because I went thru many MANY hoops to finally get this collection sent out to me last week.  And no note of apology, and have the collection missing.......way to go guys!!  Thank goodness it was free because I will never purchase anything from them...... which is a shame, because what I DID get was really cute.   Sure woulda been nice to have had it all.  So on principal, anything I create with this is being given away......lol.  Yeah I'm being petty!

I'm trying to play along with Frosted Designs 12 days of Christmas challenges and this is number one. Use a bird on your project....

The first shots here are on my messy kitchen table......
It turned out so much cuter than I hoped and looks way cuter in person.  In addition to the mystery collection here I added clear sparkly paint and the base looks like snow, and the pom pom trim is from Websters Pages. .....and I even have a bird....lol.  

here's the back...
 And here it is on my tree.....I had to make sure it would look good on the tree ya know.....lol
And here's the side so you can see the roof.......it's incredibly sparkly too.  And a bit of ribbon to hang it with :)
 So in addition to the challenge at frosted designs (you have til Dec 31 to complete the 12 challenges!!) I am also playing along with the following...

Craft Us Crazy Merry Christmas or altered project
Celebrate The Occasion Christmas Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity  Anything Goes
Anything But A Card Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft room Christmassy
Paperplay Challenges Out with the old (webster pages pom pom trim old/new the un-named christmas collection...lol)
Quirky Crafts Last minute Christmas


I'm getting back into the swim of things so I'll be back to posting a little more regularly .  So check back with me tomorrow for the latest challenge with lasting memories!!!

Toodles!! 
Tina :)


12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hmmmmm I don't even recognize that collection -- must be a manufacturer I don't visit :) I love love love your birdhouses ...they are ADORABLE!!! And sorry you are having a rough time now my friend -- I will keep ya in my prayers and I wish I was there to give you a big HUG!!!!!!! :)

Lori said...

Your birdhouses are super cute and I don't recognize that collection either. LOL! I hope you and your family have a blessed and wonderful Christmas and that your new year is filled with many great things!

Haven_mom4 said...

Christmas miracle indeed. What a lovely gift to you and what a wonderful gift you've made.

Wishing you the best
Haven

Michele said...

Okay... curiosity killed the cat. :) Message me that collection name...just cuz I want to know. These are awfully cute Tina!! I love them. Glad to see you on here... but BIG HUG from me! Lots going on in our little worlds, that is for sure!!

Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire said...

I just love your birdhouse ornament! what a great idea. I'm so glad you got some of your mojo back and joined our challenge over at Frosted Designs. Thanks so much for playing along:)

Teresa Jaye said...

oh.my.goodness, Tina this birdhouse is completely adorable! I don't know who made this collection but I have a manufacturer that I'm unhappy with too and won't by any of their product! Hey, they gotta treat us scrappers right, huh?!?! LOL
Glad to hear you are feeling better and that your babe will So happy you got to play along with the Frosted Designs challenge and hope you get some scrappin' time in next week - remember you have till the end of the year to join the 12 days of Christmas challenges and the prizes are amazing! Have a happy Christmas Tina!

Diana Fernandez said...

Soooooo cute! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a cute project!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lori said...

Such a cute birdhouse! So glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

nicoleqmullen said...

Love the birdhouse, its fab! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay!!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful ornament - Love it - thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay. Happy New Year!

Christy said...

Well isn't THAT just total adorable-ness with the little pom poms!!!! Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card this challenge!!!!