Sunday, May 26, 2013

Girl, you are beautiful!

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend! Please take a moment tomorrow to remember what memorial day is truly about!  I know most of you have some family fun planned as this is pretty much the kick off to the summer season.  However Memorial Day is so much more than that! So while you are grillin n chillin take a moment to remember those who are no longer with us and those who paid the ultimate price defending our country and our freedoms!  

We are having a fairly low key weekend.  I could sure use MANY more of these.....lol.    Tomorrow we are going to celebrate Memorial Day at the park.  Our community is doing Fountain City Day At The park, complete with a Memorial Day parade, inflatables and face painting for the kids and hopefully food.....lol.  In all of the years we have lived here we have NEVER hit one of these....this year is the year!!  Anything that gets the kids off their butts and out of the house is a good thing!!! 

This next week is gonna be full of running, Jacob has now decided he doesn't want to go to the Navy.....sigh. I guess it's a good thing they wouldn't let me sign him away until he met the weight guideline!!!  So we are gathering his paperwork to enroll in our community college.  He wants to be a teacher and teach special needs kids. I think he will be awesome at it!  He has had a taste of it doing peer tutoring this past school year and he feels strongly that this is something he wants to do.  And he is just 17........so this is subject to change before my next blog post as well......lol.   

Before I get too far along today i wanna thank my friends at LMLC!! I was featured for the second time in 3 weeks!!! Thanks ladies!!! I luv yall!! Their latest challenge went live today so take a moment and check it out.......I think I'm gonna work on it this afternoon!! If you have never played along with em you should! One of the greatest groups of ladies anywhere!!!!

Last week I won a prize package from American Crafts during "Floral Week" and I got my package from them Friday. OMGOSH!!! They spoiled me rotten!!! Not only do they have awesome product, they are so generous it is unbelievable!  Seriously!!  And my package arrived the same week I won it!!!      Some of you will remember the issues I had with a company that shall remain nameless last year.  I won something in March and didn't get it until December.  And that was after many, many emails.  ultimately I lost my cool and threw a hissy fit and un-followed them and am boycotting their products. Which is a shame because their stuff is awesome.  But the customer service sucks. But American Crafts.........they ROCK!!!  And they are such a staple in everyone's stash....I mean really, who doesn't own several packs of Thickers????????

Let me share with ya what they sent me.......I was expecting a small package of floral embellishments and was tickled thinking that was what I had won.......but LOOK!!!  This is my bog of goodies.......delivered in a huge box by a hot, bearded Fed Ex dude, just in case you are interested.....lol.
35 sheets of super yummy double sided papers......
Awesome sparkly, glitter flowers.......I can't wait to use these!!!
Some cute note cards with awesome little kraft envelopes that can totally double as frames for photos.
An Amy tangerine Day book.....which is kinda a premade mini album with lots of pockets and places for journaling and photos....but still room to add your  own flair!  I'm going to play with this and give it to my cousins oldest daughter for a gift :)  Perfect for a teen girl doncha think?
And all of these awesome floral embellies!!!
Told ya.....they spoiled me rotten!!!!!  No Thickers in this package but I still have TONS they sent me from the last time i won something from them!! Again American Crafts....THANK YOU!!!!!!

And of course I couldn't let my new goodies just sit there and gather dust.......lol.  So I created a page using this awesome sketch from My Scraps And More Sketches!  I think the sketch would lend itself to using some fun border punches....but i tried it and I wasn't feeling it and I was getting bored with the entire punching process.....so I used  a sheet of the chevron paper from AC.....and there are MANY different colors of chevron papers in this batch....I am so happy!!!!
I kinda made this my own I guess.....but the sketch inspo is definitely there I think!!
I totally love it!!! This beautiful girl is Nevaeh's older sister Beth........my cousin's girl :)   I scrap Nevaeh a lot more than I do her so I felt it was time!!!  Isn't she gorgeous? And just 12 years old!!!!!! OMG!!! She looks like 17!!!  I'd lock her up til she was 30......lol.  She's an awesome kid! It's just hard to remember she is a kid, talking to her is like talking to an adult too.

Every single thing on this page is from my AC goody bag :)  I had a lot of fun with the layering, I need to do more of that........and I continued with a few things I am into adding to layouts right now....paint, (I just poured a tiny bit out , wadded up some paper and used that as my applicator) pennant banners (perfect for scraps you might other wise throw away!!) and stapling, which someone pointed out to me probably is some sort of subconscious stress release for me......lol.  I kinda scattered the tiny flowers and just went with where they landed except for the ones by the title.

That's it for today.......I have tons of sketches and challenges jotted down I wanna try to play along with this week if time allows. For now tho, I am gonna go outside and try to get my tan on.....these pasty white legs are not gonna cut it this summer.....lol.

Enjoy your weekend and thank you so much for visiting me today!!!
Hugs n stuff!
Tina

4 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Congrats on the prize and I told you American crafts is generous!!!! I love your beautiful layout!!! I've been scrapbooking and card making up a storm. Will be sharing lots in the next few days!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww!! That is some awesome happy mail!! I love love love the chevron pattern!!

Haven_mom4 said...

Tina you should link this to the current challenge at LMCB. Isn't the title part of the lyric "you are so beautiful to me"? can't remeber who it's by though. Fantastic take on the sketch too and all those prizes. Drooling over here.

Christy said...

Awesome layout, but wowza those floral goodies ROCK!!!