Monday, May 13, 2013

Gotta love Mondays :)

Hello my scrappy friends!

I hope everyone had an awesome Mother's Day and each and every one of you were spoiled and pampered!! I had a pretty low key day at home.....The boys got me some wonderful smelling candles that I am just loving!!  Even when my house is a mess I still like for it to smell good....somehow that makes the mess a little more tolerable....lol.  Jacob bought me a Yankee Candle Company 3 wick candle in "rainforest" scent.   I can't vouch for it's authenticity since I have never been to a rainforest but it is very relaxing!!  Bob "helped" the other boys with a couple of jumbo Harry and David ones....one in "moose munchin caramel" (it reminds me of Starbucks....smells like heavenly coffee and is hands down my fave!!) and one in "Lemon bar"  That one is pretty self explanatory...lol.  And it's Jesse's fave....he wants to marry it he says.....lol.   I can see I need to keep a watchful eye on my candle!!!

Bob also surprised me with a six pack of ShockTop beer......lmao!!  Kinda untraditional but I sampled a Honey Crisp one the other day (very applely!!) and fell in love.....and since it is summer time they now have Raspberry Wheat on the shelves.  If you are a beer drinker, and a girl, you haven't lived til you have mixed the Raspberry Wheat with a Leinenkugel Summer Shandy which is very lemonade like.  BLISS!!!!  I'm not a big drinker but I love sitting on the patio an a summer night and enjoying any of those 3 beers.  Ahhhhhhhhh :).

I also got some scrappy time in yesterday, which is ALWAYS good!!!

Before I show you the fruits of my scrappy labor I wanna show you a photo I snapped in the parking lot of Kroger this morning.......a couple of you have seen this on facebook already :)
We have a pond not quite 1/4 mile from where I was....it is actually called Fountain City Lake but locals just call it the duck pond......lol.  These cuties must have wandered over from there :)  

Ok.......first up I have a cute card to share!
I used this sketch from Retro Sketches
 I only do simple cards.....lol. So I really loved this sketch and used some scarps from American Crafts "Ready Set Go"  
I'm not overly fond of that floral paper but I like it on the card.....lol.  

And I worked FOREVER on a layout for this Pagemaps sketch.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the sketch and normally it wouldn't be a difficult one for me to tackle......b ut this one has a twist and is sponsored by ECHO PARK!!!!!  
Be still my heart!! So if there is an Echo Park Prize package to be had you know I'm gonna try!!!  This one involved a color palette. And it gave me fits.  
I dug thru my EP scraps and finally managed to whip this up.....
Don't even ask me which papers these are.....lol.  Some are from the first  boy collection they had, some are from Playground and I am clueless about the others.   I did enjoy making the little pin wheels tho.....lol.  The photo is one I have scrapped before of Brandon and Jesse.  Brandon is the one with the shades :)  This was taken after school one day while we were waiting on their older brothers to get out of school.  We have about 45 minutes to kill between when the elm schools let out and the middle/high school kids let out.  So we usually sit in the church parking  lot across from the middle school and wait.  This photo was when these 2 both went to elementary school......I have five kids so they are scattered everywhere.....lol.  Now it's just Jesse and I waiting on Brandon and then we hop over to pick the HS kids up.....whewwwww!!! :)  We kill time by playing, talking, going for a walk or he plays with friends and I either take pix or play on the internet on my phone.....lol.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I thank you for visiting! It's BEAUTIFUL here today and I'm doing some much needed cleaning and maybe a trip to the park later....we'll see!

Hugs!
Tina


4 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

I like your take on the PM sketch! and the card is cute! It is also fun when animals wander close to the house... :-)

Scrap Your Story said...

Awesome projects! We had a great mother's day. Nice relaxing day and the kiddos (with help from Daddy) bought me the Pitch Perfect DVD....so now I can watch it on a loop! HAHAHAHA

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love your card and your lo!! LOVING the colors and the pinwheel!!!

Anita Scroggins said...

I love challenges but sometime I have fits over color challenges too! Love what you did with it though. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!