Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Graduation eve....

Hello my scrappy friends!

I'm trying to keep busy today....because if I don't I will be a crying, whining, bawling mess.  In less than 36 hours my second oldest son will be graduating. Even tho he is the second oldest, he is the first of my boys to take the march and get his diploma.  Matthew (who is Autistic) will graduate next year. Then Steven the year after that......all my babies are growing up....how dare they!!!!

So I have been a bundle of energy today......I "fixed" my dryer. Well, not really.....one of the boys told me it just "stopped working" and being a mom I really should know that when things just "stop working" there is usually an operator error or they have used whatever object that magically ":stopped working" in a way its not meant to be used.  But my brain has been on vacation lately.  So it's gorgeous and sunny out today and I figured I would rewash the items in the dryer and hang them out. 

I pull some towels out and they are dripping wet. DRIPPING. And the lightbulb goes off over my head. 

I pull everything out and throw back in the washer and start the dryer......runs perfect. The weight of the wet clothes was just too much for the dryer to turn.  What is wrong with people? I guess tonight we will have a class in how to wash and dry clothes.  I swear I think they do this stuff sometimes so I will just give up and do it myself.   I am thrilled tho that the dryer works! Do you know how fast laundry stacks up with 7 people in a house? YIKES!!!!

So......I figured out the dryer problem, washed 3 loads so far, vacuumed, and scrapped a bit and then cleaned my mess.  I really need to become a more organized crafter.  I lost a bottle of glimmer mist somewhere between the armoire and the kitchen table....and then tossed 3 gluesticks because they were either dried up or the glue was to the point that I needed to dig it out of the tube.  I'm thirty but I'm not gonna dig out the glue......Im just not that dedicated..  I finally found one that would wor and if I do any ore paper crafting this week I definitely need to make a glue run.  It's something all the time.....lol. 

I have a couple of pages to share today........Jacob isn't happy with me because this first one is him and one of his ex girl friends.   Yeah, like it's MY fault he breaks up with them faster than I can scrap em (rolls eyes)  Sorry Jacob.......one day you will be glad I did this....maybe. lol. But I still love the photo.....and I scrapped it....so THERE!!! (sticks out tongue)

 I used this sketch from the Paper Bakery.....
I took a few liberties with it......but you can still see the sketch inspo!!
This relationship goes back 2 girlfriends ago.....lol.  Yeah I need a score card :) Her name was Chloe  and I have scrapped them before. I love the photo and it reminded me of the Faith Hill song "this kiss", which is what I used for the title.

I dug and dug thru my stash and found this stack of Pink Paislee that I have had forever had forever......anyone remember Daily Junque and House of 3?   Apparently I loved it so much I couldn't bare to use it....or I might not have used it because I didn't have any embellies to go with it.  So I fussy cut a lot of the shapes from one of the patterned papers.
And this vine is Prima....trust me, it's so much prettier in person....my cell doesn't pick it up well.  I have it for no fewer than 3 years.  And the little yellow rhinestones are actually from MME funday.....another thing I have never opened and had for a while.  The Thickers are only about 6 months old.....lol.

In addition to the paper bakery Sketch challenge I am also joining these awesome challenges.

Use It Tuesday: Can't touch this,,,,,use those hoarded supplies
Paper Issues: Pink Paislee projects or mothers day themed. "Pink Paislee Daily Junque"


Next is another one for the PageMaps Anniversary celebration. LOVE this sketch!!!!
My digital take using the awesome Collab "That's Life" that was part of a blog/facebook train NSD between several digi designers.
I LOVE how this turned out!!!! Jesse a couple of July 4rths ago :)  The colors are so fun and so "him" I think if you  look up :live out loud" it would have his picture next to it......I love this boy!!

I was inspired by the colors in this weeks Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger
I hope they will allow this even tho its digital....if not , I still love em and it still helped me create an awesome layout!!!

And the challenge this week at Chic Tags is to use arrows......there are a couple there :)

I dunno if I will get a chance to post tomorrow......we have a hectic day.....graduation practice at 10:45, Senior luncheon in the old city ....that the parents are NOT allowed to go to....which I say bites!!!  Because that means I have to hang out downtown for 2 hours for practice, take him to the luncheon and either sit and wait or drive across town a few times.  And we are talkin downtown...noooooooo thank you!!!  Then swing back home, pick the boys p from school, come home and get ready to leave again....whew!!!  I'm gonna need a week to recover!!!

Enjoy your day and as always than you for dropping by and the awesome comments y'all leave. I love you all!!!
HUGS!
Tina



13 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Wow, you are making up for some lost time woman!! Congrats to your 'baby' and to you as well!! Love your LO's today - vibrant and colorful.

Glad ya figured out the dryer issue!! LOL!! You must never stop!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Dryers are frustrating! Love love love love your lo's!! LOVING the colors and the designs!!!

Juliana said...

Fabulous layouts! Love your take on all of the challenges!
And of course they want you to do it all!!! LOL!!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!!!

StephInOK said...

Love your digital scrapbook layout! It's really fabulous!

Kelly Massman said...

i know what you mean about wanting to scrap old girlfriends (my son has several and his latest girlfriend breakup is in our hearts but good)! I like your pages!!! love all of the color in the 2nd one!

Teresa Jaye said...

wow, I love what you did with that pagemaps sketch - awesome layout! Have a wonderful time at graduation celebrating your son. Yes, they grow up too fast!

JennyKozar said...

these are both fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome use of the Sketch and I love the Pink Paislee!! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!!

Christy said...

These totally rock!!! Hope graduation goes well. My nephew who might as well be one of my kiddos graduated last night and it was a tear jerker for sure!

Leslie Germain said...

Love both of your layouts. Saw you on one of the link ups. Love meeting other scrappers. Looking to see how I can follow your blog. Stop by and say hi.
Leslie
www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

Heather B said...

Beautiful pages! Congrats to your boy and thank you for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!!

sandi said...

Love what you've done here! Great looking lo! Tks. for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!

Cath said...

Hey Tina! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)