Friday, May 10, 2013

I'm a Mom, whats your super power??

Good morning my scrappy friends!!

It's FINALLY Friday!!!! And my day is actually starting off pretty darn awesome!  Bob Bob dropped me off coffee and apple fritters this morning!!! Awwwwww!!!  He had to transport our elderly neighbor to the doctor this morning.  I'm sure I have mentioned it before, but Bob is a cabbie.  Bless my neighbors heart, she refuses to ride with anyone but Bob.  She just celebrated her  83rd birthday and is pretty cantankerous if you don't know how to handle her......she happens to love me so I have no problems with her......She called the cab company and told them she needed a ride tis morning but refused to give them her address because she is certain someone will come and break into her house.  The poor dispatcher called Bob and said "ok, there is this lady that says she lives across the street from you and needs a ride but won't tell us where she lives because she said only you need that information" LMAO!!!! I so love this lady!!!

I am looking forward to a LONGGGGGGG relaxing weekend before everything starts to get REALLY crazy next week!!!  We have a week and a half of school left.  And next week is just insane schedule wise.  Jacob's last day was yesterday but he is going back next week to hang out with the CDC kids he peer tutors.  He has worked with the special needs kids all year and they are so attached to him.  One kiddo, Blake aka Blakey, called 4 times yesterday and asked him to please come back.  He doesn't understand that Jacob is graduating :(  Peer tutoring has been awesome for Jacob and he thinks he wants to be a special education teacher after he gets out of the navy.  Speaking of which, we have an appointment to see the recruiter and sign the papers Monday.  He won't ship out until October.  For him those months are gonna drag by and for me they will go much to fast.  

He went with me to Jesse's play last night and it rocked!!!! I will share the pix in an upcoming post because they are in my phone and it's not wanting to turn them loose......lol.

I have a couple of pages to share this morning.......I did complete a paper layout!! I swear I did!! But I'm having issues with my actual camera right now not wanting to read memory cards, I think it's time for a new camera :( So I am working with my cell.  While it takes really nice quality pix......I'm waiting on them to send to my email....much like the school play photos.....lol.  I should probably look into getting a micro SD adapter.  That would be a great mother's day present just in case anyone is reading.....hint, hint!!!   A new camera would be even better......lol.

PageMaps has several awesome sketch challenges going right now for their 7th anniversary!!
I love Becky's sketches and there are several I am gonna play along with.  I fell in love with this sketch as soon as I saw it
And the prize is just icing on the anniversary cake!! With a cherry on top!!
(see what I did there....with a cherry on top!!)
 
OMGosh.......$200 in scrappy goodies!!!!
*swoon*

Again, I went digi....only because I didn't have the pix I wanted to use printed up.  So this sketch goes into my save file for sure!! And I loveeee how this all came together!!!
I used the super cool kit from Jenn Barrette and Sweet Shoppe Designs called "Kinda Awesome"  
I worked super hard on this page and at one point forgot the golden rule of digital scrapping "Save after every step!!" and lost the entire thing and had to start all over.

I'm also entering this one in the following challenges.....check these awesome blogs out and play along!!!

Creative Belli Blog Mothers Day theme
Little Red Wagon All about Mom
The Pink Elephant; Mother's day theme
Go FISH! Mom
Simply Create Too Anything goes
Digitally Sweet Challenges Flowers for Mother's Day

Not done yet!!! I have one more for the 3rd anniversary sketchathon at Colorful Creations!! I'm slowly but surely getting these done......hopefully I can catch up this weekend!
The sketch....
And for whatever reason I have issues with tilting things.  I hate doing it and if left to my own devices I wouldn't have......but I was trying to stay as true to the sketch as possible.  Give me another week or so and I willbe back to veering off on my own and doing my own thing to the point that the sketch isn't even recognizable.....lol .  for this one I went with a winter theme and scrapped one of Jesse playing in the snow and posing with his snow dude :)
The kit here is Lliella "Chilly Willy"  I don't have an image for it tho...sorry :(

That's it for now!! I hope you all have a wonderful day and awesome weekend!!
Hugs!
Tina

9 comments:

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Tina: Thank you for entering Simply Create Too's Challenge #37 - "Anything Goes". Your layouts are both so pretty.

Hope to see your creations in all our upcoming challenges too.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL about the taxi/neighbor story! That's hilarious! LOVING your lo's! LOVING that one of you!! FABULOUS!!!

Christy said...

First of all!! That little old lady is just awesome! I love her already!!!! Those layouts are awesome and I totally love that first title! :)

Carolyn Wolff said...

Awesome design. I love the polaroids. Thanks for playing along with us at Little Red Wagon.

Karen Wilson said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

How cute is your neighbour! LOL!! That's hilarious! Love your LO's and it's nice to see you scrapping yourself!! Great pics!! Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet this week!!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Fabulous layouts! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Pink Elephant!

Tracey said...

Love your Fabulous layouts. The first one is so much fun,love the photo's! Great take on the sketch!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Tina

Lovely to see you playing along at Digitally Sweet Challenge this week. Love both your pages, great work. Hope all is well with you.

Hugs Ali x

Sarah said...

Awesome LO's! Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!