Saturday, June 8, 2013

Really? Cutting down trees at 7 am?

Day 2 of the tree cutting going on next door.......I am really beginning to not like these people!!! I mentioned last post that my neighbors (who also happen to be Bob's mother and her b/f) were having some trees cut down in their yard and are paying for one to be taken down in our yard as well.  Ours is a HUGE pine tree that is dead.......needles wont even sprout on the poor thing.  Ours is very close to the house and it honestly, is just a matter of time before a storm comes and it crashes onto the house.    

So, really I should be thankful...and I am!  Because heaven knows we couldn't afford to cut it down and we sure can't afford to repair a roof!

But waking at 7 am to the sounds of chain saws and men yelling is not pleasant!! And it will be even worse when then make it to our tree because it is right outside the bedroom window.  I do understand that working people are up at 7 am.......but seriously........I wouldn't dream of running my lawnmower at 7 am because my neighbors would hate me!!  

Ok.......that is my daily vent.......lol.  I just want my life back to normal and my yard back!!  Did I tell you that ALL of that brush is piled up in OUR yard???  Because M (the b/f of Bob's mother) says THEY need to be able to get out of the driveway.......

Yeah.........I have five kids and never have to leave the house (rolls eyes)
(NOW I am done with the vent.....lol)

I had a pretty crafty sorta day yesterday and have some layouts to share!

First up I created a layout using this sketch at Scrap Map. I love this sketch and it is in my keeper file! I rarely do clean and simple layouts and white space.  I'm not sure I did this time either.....lol.  But I love the lines of the sketch and it makes for a pretty stunning layout in minimal time!


I combined it with a challenge at Colorful Creations to scrap a favorite inanimate object. I chose coffee.....lol.
I'm a cheapskate so it's not Starbucks.....lol. But we have lots of little quick marts  around here that have pretty awesome gourmet quality coffee.  This 24 ounce cup was a buck :)And actually Bob had picked it up one morning because he had a cab fare on our street and surprised me that morning with the coffee and apple fritters......awwwwwwww :)  I had posted this to facebook and thanked him, I don't normally take photos of my coffee.....lol.

The page is digi and I used  the Dear Diary kit from Sweet Shoppe Designs

My next 2 are paper projects. First is The sketch challenge at Pamela's World of Scrap...I stayed fairly close to the sketch but used one 4 x 6 photo in place of the two photos called for on the sketch.
..This photo was taken at Jacob's senior picnic at school during the last week. He's the one in the bright green polo :)
Everything here is American Crafts.  Except for the tiny letters on the tag....those are from Pebbles, which technically are also American Crafts....lol.    The paper is so bright I decided to not add a lot of embellies.....I did punch the circles of arrows on the top layer and pop dot them in different areas within the circles for some dimension. I also entered this one in the Say it With Words challenge at Colorful Creations. The word this month is "Happiness" or any form of Happy :) 

And there is another awesome  layout challenge at Red Carpet Studios that I am just squeaking in under the wore with......if you wanna play along HURRY!! Tonight is the deadline!!! And I love the creative names they come up with for their challenges. This one is "The Boy in Striped pajamas" :):)

Finally I have one I put together with Nevaeh's baby pix.  I have had these forever and can't believe I never scrapped them!! I used the sketch at My Scraps And More Sketches for inspiration.....
And I honestly had the intentions of staying true to the sketch.  I veer off course sometimes.....lol. I think you can still see the general concept of the sketch.  For the most part its just the photo placement thats a bit different.
I'm really happy with how this came out and I think her Mom will be too :)  And aren't those pix just precious??  I thought the circles on the sketch were perfect for doilies  and I got to play with my new Pebbles stash!!  These gorgeous papers are from the Lakeside collection and the yellow wooden print paper is American Crafts Ready Set Go.  They just worked perfectly together! The flowers and brads are a combo of AC and Crate paper.  The title work is kinda hard to see here so here is a close up....

Thanks for dropping in and visiting with me today! And I wanna thank those of you that visit and leave comments that actually read my ramblings....LOL.  There are quite a few of you!!!  I'm so used to not being heard here at home that it amazes me when someone pays attention to my stories and random gripe fests.....lol. That means a lot to me and I love y'all :)

Enjoy the weekend.....I think we are headed out for a picnic in a bit.  And lucky me, this is my first day back on weight watchers......my timing really sucks.....lol.

Hugs n Stuff!
Tina

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

And 7AM is LATE for peeps to be doing stuff here in AZ!! LOL! It's in the 90's by 8AM ...so people get up WAY early to mow lawns, cut trees etc ... lol... if we waited later, we'd have heat stroke!! LOL!! I love love love your lo's! LOVING the colors and the title work on the first one!!!

Teresa Jaye said...

That's some great scrappin' you have going on in spite of the noisy wake up calls! I love the title on Nevaeh's, it's really pretty.

Haven_mom4 said...

At least the noise will end soon. My neighbors are building a new house. construction should strecht through the whole summer. No naps for me after super early morning water ex. classes. yeah

Leslie Germain said...

Saw your layout on Pamela's world. Great take on the sketch and love the colors. I also love your blog design. Great colors.
Leslie
www.thememorynest.blogspot.com