Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tell me a story LMLC # 144

Good morning scrappy friends!  Hope your week has been awesome so far!!  We have had a ton of storms here the past few days and yesterday was the first day all week that it didn't pour down rain.  My poor yard looks like a jungle!! Funny, the weeds seem to thrive but my flowers die....go figure!!

I have a layout to share today that I created for the LMLC #144, Tell Me A Story!   This challenge was right up my alley because, as you know, I love to talk......lol.  I try to tell a story with all of my scrap pages. If it's not in the journaling you know you are gonna have to read the story behind my page here.....lol.

I also used this sketch from Colorful Creations.
Now....before I share my layout I need to tell you the story.....lol.

I chose to scrap my little cousin Nevaeh and the story behind her name.

Nevaeh does have a much older sister, Bethany. Who btw turned 15 today!!!  Her mom tried for many years to have another child.  Drs just came out and told her to give up. She would never be able to have another baby and carry it to term.  Then a couple of years ago....SURPRISE!!!! She got pregnant!! The pregnancy was extremely difficult and stressful and everyone was praying for her,  And all of those prayers were answered and little Nevaeh was born very healthy!! And since she was such a little miracle, her mom chose to name her Nevaeh.....which is actually "heaven" spelled backwards :)
Such a cool story!!

So, that is the story I scrapped, maybe not in those exact words but close......lol. You can click to enlarge and read the journaling.
And these are my absolute fave pix of this kiddo!! Such a sweetheart!!
All of the papers and embellies are American Crafts. Including the glittery Thcikers!!!  The tiny letters are LYB (I think)
And these awesome butterflies were part of a prize package i received from Claire for winning a LMLC a couple of weeks ago!! And you can see a bit of my awful handwriting.....lol.

Also linking up to the following challenges/blogs.

The Paper Shelter Anything but a card

As always thanks for dropping in for a visit today! I have a few projects lined up for the next couple of days AND a DT project to share tomorrow....yup, I did say DT!!  :)

Hugs n stuff and I hope your Thursday rocks as much as you do!!
Tina






8 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

it is really pretty, Tina!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I love love love those photos, the colors and the butterflies!!

Nannieflash said...

A really lovely scrapbook page. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Elizabeth Campau said...

What a beautiful story Tina:) And what a DOLL she is. Lovely LO. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Elizabeth LMDT
http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Denise Pustelniak said...

A+++ for sure!
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

Karen Wilson said...

Tina, what a beautiful story. I didn't even clue in to her name, that is very special and she's certainly heaven sent isn't she. Adorable and gorgeous LO! Thanks for sharing your story with us at Lasting Memories!

TantiK Creation said...

What a beautiful story and pretty page. Thank you for sharing it with us at Lasting Memories Challenge this week.
Tanti :)

Claire R said...

ooooo, what a gorgeous LO. I spy some butterflies, looks great!
Thanks for joining us at lasting memories.
ClaireR, LMDT