Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Artful Delight Card Sketch #39

Happy Tuesday my crafty friends!

I think I'm slowly getting into the holiday spirit! I have had a major case of the "Bah Humbugs" since shortly after Thanksgiving. But it's really difficult to stay in grinch mode when you are creating cards and gifts for people you care about and you know will appreciate them :)  And I'm forcing myself to jump into some Holiday activities and everyone else's Christmas  spirit is contagious!

I spent the weekend trying to finalize our Christmas dinner menu....still not there but close! Yesterday I bought a ton of the things I will need for desserts and the main meal.......especially the all important ham!! I bought 2....lol. I'm hoping for lots of leftovers and a big pot of bean soup :)  I have five boys so I may be a little too optimistic....lol. 

This weekend I'm taking to boys (the younger two anyway) to a Christmas festival they are having locally and we are going to visit and chat with Santa (me too!!! I want my picture taken this year!!) A petting zoo (complete with reindeer!!) and lots of other cool stuff. Jesse is very excited! Then when we come home we are going to sit and create some handmade decorations and clear out some of my OLD (super old!!) Christmas paper stash by creating a garland. Jesse loves playing with my punches anyway so he is the chief circle and snowflake puncher!! And I think I might make one of the bazillion crockpot cocoa recipes I have pinned to my pinterest board to help set the mood.

See? I AM trying!! :):)

I have a few cards to share today! I have more to create tonight if there's time. Its been a nice stress buster for me and not quite as daunting as trying to sit and create a layout. A card can be knocked out rather quickly and gives me a sense of crafty accomplishment and a shot of much needed confidence....lol. But I have tons of scrappy sketches ready and waiting for when the urge strikes!

The first card was created using the sketch at Artful Delight this month. It's super cute!! 
I'm going to apologize right off the bat for my photo quality. Jesse chose this card to give to his teacher and I didn't have a lot of time to snap a photo. So this was a quick snap with my cell phone. I didn't notice the glare til I put it on the computer to crop it just a few minutes ago (ugh!) and the card is already in his teachers possession. Kids don't get the whole "mom needs a picture before you can give this away" concept....lol.  Anyway.....I dug deep into my stash and found some papers and embellies from Reminisce that I won sometime last year. 
Its a cute card I promise!!! lol. I'm using kraft on all of my cards this year. Cuz I have a ton of it and I love how it looks.

Some others I have crafted so far....
 Most of these are created with Imaginisce.  I'm letting go of my grudge and using the paper up...lol. It holds bad mojo for me so I needed it gone!!!! :) Some of you will remember what I'm talking about! But it really was a super cute collection....
this one I'm entering in the Use It Tuesday Challenge. even tho ALL of this stash is old I had to pick one....lol. This one is it:) And sadly, this is the final challenge at Use It Tuesday :( I'm going to be so sad to see them go!!!!


And this last one , the paper is from MME and the circles are stickers from Heidi Grace that I have had since I began paper crafting 10 years ago.....lol. I was going to use foam tape to pop them up for dimension BUT i'm going to be mailing these and want them to fit in the envie....

Thanks for joining me today and having a peek! i appreciate your visits and comments :) And if you find yourself in the dumps maybe try creating a little something for someone else. It warms the heart! This time of year there are so many people who would love and appreciate your handmade greetings! Donate to a nursing home or hospital, Operation Write Home (they distribute homemade cards year round to our troops so they can write home to their families) or just a neighbor that might not be expecting it. Its hard to be sad when you see others smiling because of something YOU created!!!

Also linking up at the following awesome blogs....have a great day!

The Memory Nest Link up your Christmassy crafty creations!
Crating Desert Divas Craft it up/link it up party
Paper Playtime Winter Fun
Tuesday throwdown What Christmas Means


17 comments:

Gail said...

Thank you for dropping by Tuesday Throwdown and Throwing down your card creation out way - enjoy your crafting week - Merry Christmas too! Gail DT

Shelly said...

Oh lots of cuteness!! Very pretty cards, I am lovin all the red, white and green :)

Thank you for sharing with us at Craftin desert divas!!
Shelly

Lori said...

Such cute Christmas cards! You have inspired me to get busy today and make some cards!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all GORGEOUS!! I used up stash this year too for our cards!! Feels good, doesn't it??? Thanks for playing along with Artful Delight my friend!!!!!

June Houck said...

You have created quite a lovely card set! Thank you for sharing them. I love your shiny gingerbread men on the Artful Delight card sketch too. Thanks for playing with us!

Aimee Kidd said...

All of these are super cute cards! Loving those sweet little gingerbread guys! Thanks for playing along with us at Artful Delight!

Got2BCrafting said...

All of your cards looks great!! You did a fabulous job using your stash... something I really need to do!! LOL!! :)

Thanks for joining the Crafting Desert Divas Christmas Linky Party.
Happy Holidays.
Lori

Leslie Germain said...

You created some great Christmas cards. SO glad that you linked up your crafty creations. Hope you will share again soon! BTW - I am a new follower via bloglovin!!

~amy~ said...

Awesome stash of Christmas cards! Love what you've done with the sketch! Sweet gingerbreads.

Thanks for joining us at Artful Delight!

Haven_mom4 said...

I so need some card lessons and a little less bah humbug myself. having a hard time getting excited for Christmas after a third straight weekend selling trees for scouts.

Kelly Massman said...

Hey, girl!! What's up?! I have not been blogging much but good to see you on my blog!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

wow all that talk about food especially ham... made me hungry lol Love those cards!! I'm sure that they will be appreciated!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week DT Crafting Vicky

Janis said...

Thank you for linking up at Paper Playtime! This challenge blog is moving to Pause Dream Enjoy beginning Tues, Jan 7. Please bookmark the site and come link up in January!
Linky Parties hosted at Pause Dream Enjoy
Pause Dream Enjoy Facebook Fan Page
:) Janis

Karen Wilson said...

Hey you! Welcome back to blogland! So nice to see you getting back into the swing of things. I think I'm all caught up lol love your creations and nice to 'see' you!

Sandi said...

Hey Tina....what's up girlfriend?? I am so glad to see you creating. It seems like forever since I commented on one of your awesome blog posts. I love your writing!! Your gingerbread teachers card is awesome .....thanks for joining us at Artful Delight this month!

Suzy said...

I second Sandi's comments. Love the gingerbread men. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge at Artful Delight! -Suzanne

Kim said...

Your projects are all very pretty. Nothing like Christmas cards to give us all a lift. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown. Hope to see you next week.

Kim - TT DT
www.lilypatchstamps.com