Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

I survived it!!!! There were definitely moments when I didn't think I would....lol. I hope each and every one of you had an amazing holiday and got to love on one another and really enjoy the day!  I'm still in a bit of a carb coma, getting in shape (or at least losing the holiday pounds) is most certainly going to be a New Years resolution....again.....lol. I have made home made goodies ALL week, cookies, pies, home made cinnamon rolls....YUM!!! I will be posting some of the recipes this week for ya cuz they were all keepers! I have almost polished off a chess pie all by my lonesome :)

I have lots of photos I will be sharing this week and if you do instagram you can follow me over there! My name there is Teenabugg! I just joined and am loving it!!! Between reading my favorite blogs daily, pinterest and now instagram it seems as tho I am forever on the computer or on my phone killing time. I need a life....lol.

I had a chance to do a bit of creating today while have the kids were napping off their dinner and the other half watching basketball.....lol. I haven't scrapped in a really long time so I thought I'd give it a go!  Heaven knows there have been MANY scrap worthy moments the past few days that could only happen in my house.....lol.  I have a great idea and title for a mini album too...I think I'm gonna start on it as soon as I get my pix printed :)

Speaking of pix........

This one is my favorite of the holiday!
Doncha just love that face? LOL 
Like most of you, its tradition on our house to open one gift on Christmas eve. And Jesse was asking ALL DAY!!.  We decided last night that we (I) would bake Santa's cookies while we watched both of the "Grinch" movies...the original cartoon and the Jim Carey movie. Jesse was less than thrilled with our decision and camped out right by the tree where he had all the presents in his eyesight. Well, all of them except the ones that Santa was going to bring :) I snapped many pix of him looking annoyed. Cu thats what moms do right? Or at least scrapping moms....lol. I wanted to scrap this right away so I did a digital page.....which is probably good considering the mess in our house at the moment with packaging and paper still strewn everywhere.  I came across this sketch at Lets get Sketchy and thought it was simple enough for me to tackle without feeling intimidated or overwhelmed since i haven't scrapped in so long. 
I used a super adorable kit from lliella Designs and Sweet Shoppe called Holiday Hoopla.
And here's my take on the sketch....
I'm pretty pleased that it didn't turn out awful.....lol. Now I'm ready to tackle a few more since I'm gonna wait a few days before sending my pix off:)

I hope you have some time to wind down and relax and create something wonderful!

Much Love!
Tina


16 comments:

Debbie P said...

This is so pretty! Excellent job using the sketch! And I love those photos! Way to go capturing the story and getting down on paper. Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy! Merry Christmas!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Toooooooo cute! I love love love those photos, the colors and the stocking!!!!!!!

Pat said...

Very cool page!! Love the photos. Thanks for joining us @ LGS.

Stacey said...

Great digital page!!! Love the colors as well! Thanks for playing along at LGS!

LisaM said...

OMG, such a cute take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Lynn said...

What a fun layout! I love the bright colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Sheila said...

Hee hee! Those are awesome photos! I am so impressed by digital scrappers! Your layout is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Let's Get Sketchy!

Karen Wilson said...

Merry Christmas!! Love your LO and we do the same thing on Christmas Eve. New pj's and one gift. The kids ask all day lol. Since we had nowhere to go this year, they had them a little early and were in their new pj's in the afternoon lol!! Good luck with your NY resolution lol how many of us share the same one?!

Tone-Lill said...

Awesom, fun and cool at he same time. love you LO.
Thank you for playing along with our sketch at LGS :)

Carla said...

Great layout! Love the photos & the story too! Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Melissa Vining said...

Awesome layout, you did a fantastic job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Bev said...

adorable page.. great fun bright colours and great take on the LGS sketch..

wendipooh13 said...

adorable and SUCH a fun page!!! LOVE the colors. thanks sooo much for playing along with LGS!!!!

Buffy Esser-Burnside said...

Oh my goodness that picture is fabulous...I remember that look well..LOL both my girls would camp out by the tree until they got to open that one present!your layout is simply adorable! Thanks for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy!

Haven_mom4 said...

great photo and a wonderful layout too. You haven't lost your touch after taking a layout break.

Stacia Brandt said...

Thank you for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy! You did a fabulous job with the sketch!!