Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Are they EVER going back to school?

Happy Wednesday! Are you keeping warm? My goodness......I don't know what is up with the weather here. A couple of weeks ago it was 70 degrees and they past few days we have had single digit temperatures and below zero weather at night. WHAT THE HECK????  I live in the south!!! Granted, not the deep south, but we  aren't used to single digit temps here AT ALL!  We had a tiny bit of snow on Sunday night and Jesse was so excited.  They were scheduled to go back to school on Tuesday but it was called off due to cold temperatures. Yes I'm serious. Go ahead and laugh at us northern folk.......I'm shaking my head as well.  Then last night we got the call that they were taking today off as well. Seems that 25% of the buses were broke down due to the cold weather. You'd think they would put buses in a garage or something? Or do routine maintenance and check things like anti-freeze?  Sooooooo they are still home and really beginning to get cabin fever. Jesse and Brandon are loving the time off but Steven has had enough of his younger brothers and is ready to go back to school. I'm ready too!!! They are eating me out of house and home!!! Our high temp for today is 21.......lets hope that's good enough for them to return tomorrow!! If they are off tomorrow I'm just keeping them home thru the weekend rather than go one day and then have the weekend off.  Now watch a blizzard or something come thru and they will be stuck in my house FOREVER!!!!!

Between all of the whining about being bored, there's nothing to eat, and fighting over who's turn it is to watch tv or play the xbox I did manage, somehow, to get a layout done. Cuz I'm super mom :) lol.

Right before Christmas I bought some sper cute stickers at Hobby Lobby from Doodlebug Designs. I had no clue they were part of the Home For The Holidays collection.I just knew they were cute! I never sued them because once I realized there were things to go with them I wanted them!!! I can't justify spending any money right now (Bob is out of work and filed for disability, we are living on savings and prayer) Not a lot of money anyway.....but I did get some papers from Hobby Lobby's Paper Studio line the other day that matched pretty well. So I used them to created this layout .  

I took inspiration from My Scraps And More Sketch Blog's sketch from their recent blog hop.
I had Soooooo much fun with this one and really went nuts with the sticker sheets :)  I popped most of them up with 3D foam for dimension. 
This photo is actually from Christmas 2012. I'm just a little behind.....lol. This is Jesse's typical pose....lol. No hams in my family right? :)
In addition to the Doodlebug and Paper Studio I used alphas from American Crafts. You can't see that the "Joy" is actually red foil and the tiny letters are hard to see atop of the text on the paper i used (ooops)but they are from Remarks (also AC). I used some twine in my stash to create the banner (Loveeee banners) and to string the ornaments. I'm pretty happy with hose this oje turned out!

In addition to My Scraps And More Sketch Blog I'm also linking to the following challenges,

Crop Stop Share a project, inspire us theme
Papertake Weekly Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash use something new (papers, stickers, cardstock)
Allsorts Challenge Blog Free And Easy, anything goes

Thank you so much for your visit today. I hope wherever you are you are keeping warm and getting some time to create something beautiful :)  Keep those fingers crossed that my crew goes back to school tomorrow!!!! 

Hugs!
Tina :)




11 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

such a fun page and love the line you used!! Cute banner!!! Thanks for playing with us at My Scraps & More!

Vickie said...

Happy New Year Tina

I know what you mean about the cold temps. it is the same here also. Freezing cold.

I like the LO and the sketch that you used. I will have to try this sketch for sure.

Christy said...

Love the Christmas layout!!! I still haven't had the ooomph to try to tackle mine. Gotta find a paper line that INSPIRES me I guess :)

My kids finally went back today....21 days home. I was OOOOVER it last night then 6am came and I was boo-hooing into my pillow at the thought of going to wake them up knowing I'd probably get another 3 hours minimum out of bedtime if I left them alone. :(

Donna said...

Great layout! Love the colour combination (and the pose hee hee). Thanks for playing along with us this week for the "something new" challenge at Shopping Our Stash!

Sarah said...

Fabulous layout Tina, love the design and super cute photo :-) Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

Tracy said...

Love all your Christmas elements and banner!! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps and More!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Come visit us .. it's 70 here! LOL! I love love love your lo! LOVING the colors and the ornaments!!!

Tammi said...

super sweet page! Thanks for playing with us at My Scraps & More!!

Vicki said...

Beautiful LO! Thanks for sharing your holiday inspiration with us at CropStop!

LisaM said...

Fun take on the sketch!
Thanks for playing with us at My Scraps & More!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and for all your kind words!!

Here is a link to my Christmas blog where in my last post, I talk about where do i store everything..

http://adebbie-dabblechristmas.blogspot.com/2014/01/wanna-see-what-we-bought-for-next.html

I hope this helps...

Hugs,
Deb