Friday, January 3, 2014

I did a paper layout!!!!!!

Hello friends! We are heading full tilt boogie into the weekend and enjoying the last few days of the kids Christmas break. They go back to school on Tuesday! Pardon me while I cheer and shout from the rooftops with glee :)  Actually I have mixed feelings about it, I will be glad to get my house back and in some sort of controlled mess rather than the complete disaster it's in currently in. But I will miss sleeping in.....well, sorta. I will at least miss doing things without a schedule. But .....
THE KIDS WILL BE GONE!!! MORE CRAFTY TIME!!

Needless to say I am kinda excited:)

I had my check up today and came home with blood pressure meds and orders to not get stressed out! Yeah right!!! My blood pressure was pretty high, as I expected it to be. I have to go back in 3 weeks to give it time to work and time for the anti depressants to kick in. Hopefully with the lifestyle changes I am putting into place it will get back to where it should be.   He also gave me a anti anxiety drug after  hearing about my troubles with Brandon. He told me his main concern is I will get extremely upset during one of our altercations and my blood pressure will shoot into the stroke zone, So I shouldn't hesitate to take it if I need it. I also have a couple of numbers for Child Psych's and hopefully (crossing my fingers) we can find one that will take his cutting issues seriously. 

Anyway.......on a lighter note I stopped off at Hobby Lobby on my way home and somehow managed to only spend $4 and change......I bought some white cardstock and a few sheets of bright colored Christmas paper to match some stickers I have. Remarkable restraint right?? While in line a lady in the line next to me spoke and mentioned it looked like I scrapbooked....I turned and noticed she has a cart full of yarn and we started talking about scrapping and knitting. I told her I have no patience and she assured me it's easy to learn. She doesn't know that the last time I attempted it I was tied up in knots along with the yarn....lol.  We had a lovely conversation and exchanged emails and phone numbers,she's going to teach me to knit and I'm going to help her get started scrapping!! I was so stoked when I got home and my kids are teasing me about having a "girlfriend". They find it very odd I will talk to anyone, anywhere and said "Mom, only you could go to Hobby Lobby and come back with a strange woman's number"! They make it sound so creepy......lol. I don't expect them to understand.....it's just that crafters are the bestest people!!!  I could certainly use some girl company (6 guys in this house.....testosterone overload!!) I will keep you posted on my new "relationship" (wink, wink) And maybe I will have a BEAUTIFUL scarf or blanket to show off soon!!!!

Ok.......nuff babbling. Did I mention I scrapped last night? With real life paper????? UH HUH!!! I did!!! Sooooo proud of myself!!!  Don't expect a lot.....seriously, my first paper page in 6 months.. It's more of a mental victory :)   But it was a ton of fun to put together and in the end, thats what matters!!

I grabbed this awesome little sketch from Let's Get Sketchy (I swear I'm not on their payroll, I just love their challenges!)  It had banners so I HAD to use it!!!
I enjoyed using up some scrappy bits and creating the banner! All of the paper is from Crate Paper's Peppermint, and I have embellies here from Imaginsce, Reminisce,and MME. The velvet ribbon and banner twine is from Crate Paper and the  "santa" part of the title, of course, are Thickers!!! You can't see it but they are actually red foil. (I need to get better at using my cell camera) I threw on a little paint, and got a bit carried away, I think it would have been just fine without it but whats done is done.  My intentions was just the corner and a bit at the top..Then Jesse wanted to help....how can I say no????? At least he can say he helped me and I know he loved making a mess.....lol.
I'm also linking up to challenges at
Shopping Our Stash Use the last of something......The gingerbread men  from Reminisce, the ribbon from Crate Paper and the bits from Imaginsce. ALL GONE!!!!
And...
Clear It Out Challenge warm fuzzies, use something textured. Velvet Ribbon, canvas gingerbread couple, canvas "cookie" and canvas snowflake embellies.

As always, it puts such a smile on my face when you take the time to visit my blog and say hello! This weekend I'm hoping to finish up the mini album and share it with y'all! I may get froggy and do another page :)

Take care and have a great weekend!!
Tina

28 comments:

Lyndal said...

FABulous banner & gorgeous page Tina!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yay for meeting a new friend!! I loveeeeeeeeeee your lo!! GORGEOUS colors and love love love the banner!!!!

Donna said...

Love the layout Tina, all the different elements, the banner, the little gingerbread people...just awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!

Teresa Jaye said...

oh this is an adorable layout!
YAY you for:
1. meeting a new friend
2. taking steps to be more healthy
3. paper scrappin!
4. getting a shout out from Let's Get Sketchy
Happy New Year!

Chana said...

Congratulations! Great way to start of the year in tackling something new! Wonderful project that is beautifully crafted! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana

Vanessa said...

Hi Tina! Love your layout! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I recently started scrapping in this format - it is almost 8 x 11 - it's the German format DinA4, the German letter format. It's easy to get good slipcovers for it to create my own albums…
Vanessa x

Haven_mom4 said...

Froggy- knitted lily pads I say. Super cute victory. I'll be dining the back to school happy dance with you. Hope the lifestyle changes stick and the mess work.

Christy said...

You did a BEAUTIFUL paper layout :) :)

Debbie P said...

Gorgeous work Tina! I love your banner pieces! Beautifully done. Good luck and thanks for entering the LGS Cover Girl contest!

Brenshevia Baker said...

Awesome job, it looks great and I cant tell its been months since you used paper! Good luck and thanks for entering the contest!

Laura said...

this is just a fabulous take on the sketch, so glad you joined in on the cover girl challenge! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Chelsea said...

Great take on the sketch, I love the paint, it reminds me of flour on your baking page!! Thanks for joining our 2nd cover girl challenge!

Sandy Ang said...

love the warm, holiday feel this page conveys

Cherished said...

Great page. Very Festive. Good Luck. And thanks for joining Cover girl challenge.

MichelleMc said...

What a fabulous page! Love the layers and paint. Thanks for joining in on our cover girl search at LGS. Good luck!

Terria said...

Congratulations! Great way to start of the year and start something new. Fantastic layout love the layers!!

Pat said...

Great take on the sketch & cute page! Thanks for entering the contest good luck.

Lynn said...

What a fabulous page!!! If this is your first page in 6 months, you certainly haven't lost your mojo!!! Thank so much for entering our cover contest at LGS!! Good Luck!

Melissa Vining said...

Beautiful Christmas layout! Thanks for entering our cover girl contest at LGS!

Lanette said...

Love the COOKIES!! Great take on the sketch, Good luck and thank you so very much for entering the Cover Girl contest at LGS!

LisaM said...

Loving your banner!
Thanks for joining us in our cover girl search at LGS! Good luck!

Carol Peixoto said...

That is a fabulous take on the sketch for the cover girl challenge! Thank you for linking it up and good luck!

wendipooh13 said...

such a cool LO!!! love the fun banner and white splats!! good luck with the LGS contest!!!!!

Sheila Burns said...

great take on the sketch!!! I wish I had some cookies right now lol!!! Best of luck to you!

Tiiu said...

Super cute layout! Hooray for getting scrappy time! Extra hooray for using up stuff from the stash too!

Bev said...

amazing clustered banner .. great take on the LGS sketch

Carla said...

Love this layout - fantastic! Good luck with the Cover Contest & thanks for sharing your work with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

jenessa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch. Really love how you worked the banner! Best of luck with our Cover Girl challenge at LGS!