Thursday, January 16, 2014

Stuck?! and Frosted Designs tag team LO :)

Hello!! Geeze, it feels like it's been forever since I have blogged or talked with you guys! Life just keeps getting in the way of my creative time! It's not fair!!

Things have been crazy busy here.  The kids did finally go back to school after having a couple of extra days tacked on to their Christmas break due to extreme cold weather.  You gotta remember, I live in the south, anything lower than 40 is extreme to us!!! Actually, we had single digit temps, almost unheard of for our neck of the woods! The first extra day was due to the majority of the buses in our county being broke down or froze up. Then some of the area school had pipes freeze and bust and some heating units were out....just not a good way to start things off for the new year!  There is a nasty rumor that we are expecting snow tomorrow (EEEK) and the kids are out on Monday anyway for Martin Luther King Jr day.  Kinda looking forward to a long weekend and MAYBE sleeping in!!  My sleep pattern is totally off kilter with the stress and Bob is off work with his knee and he has his days and nights mixed up. I'm doing good to get about 3 hours of sleep a night, and that is never all in one stretch......ugh :(

Some good news though......Brandon got his report card yesterday and he has brought all of his "f"s up to B's and C's!! I'm so proud of him!!! he has been working really hard and going to tutoring every day after school.  Hopefully this is a sign that things with him are getting better. I sure hope so! I gave him a big hug and told him how proud I was and we had a talk about how it has gotta feel good to be able to just bring a report card home and show it to me. No lying, no stressing how he is gonna tell me his grades. And we talked a bit about how much easier it is to just do the work the first time then it is to work your behind off to catch up. Who knows if anything sank in or not.......lol. As a reward I am letting him stay for the basketball game after school with his friends. Crossing my fingers that this isn't a mistake and he doesn't violate the trust I am giving him. We will see I guess.....

I have a layout to share today that I created for the joint challenges at Stuck and Frosted Designs, I have actually had this sitting around for almost a week. I just haven't had time to photograph it and blog it :) 

This is the sketch from Stuck!
And the additional challenge at frosted Designs is to use the sketch and add ink, mist or paint. I love any excuse to make a mess......lol. I chose to just dab on some paint with a wadded up coffee filter and i really love how it looks against the wood grained paper.
I used echo Parks, About A Boy collection that I have had my hands on for months and never used.  My favorite thing about any of EPs collections is that they are so generous with the stickers and they are so fun touse to embellish a page. You can go nuts with them and still have more left over for a few other projects :)

I added a button on the tag from my stash and some orange twine to give it a pop of color and to take up some space on the layout. I can't stand white space....lol.  Actually I love white space layouts, I a, just incapable of leaving a project alone at that stage. I have this overwhelming urge to fill up the entire space. It's a curse :)

BTW......for those that don't know.....this silly boy is my baby Jesse. he's not so much a baby any more, he is 9!!! But he is the youngest and you Mom's know how it is....they will always be our babies!!! He's the sweetest thing......at 9 I still get random hugs and kisses throughout the day and a hug and the kiss is the first AND last thing I get from him every single day! I'm gonna miss that when he decides he's too cool for kissing Mom!!  He's such a little ham and I love his facial expressions.....which is where the title work comes in (nice segue huh?....it' all those years in radio...lol)
I used a mixture of all of the alphas in the kit and cut the word "boy" out of one of the papers.

They have already revealed their next sketch challenge at Stuck! and I'm hoping to get a chance to tackle that one as well. I have an entire folder on my laptop of challenge sketches for this month that I will probably never get around to completing. But at least that's one more layout in the ol scrapbook right? :)

Thanks for dropping by and visiting with me today! Time for me to go pick up the kiddos!
have a great day!
Tina

11 comments:

Laura said...

great layout, fun photos and great product to coordinate with it. loving the background work you did! thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

wendipooh13 said...

great boy page and LOVE all the fun background and twine!!! way to go on your son getting his grades up, that is alot of work!! way to go to you for all your hard work with him, I know it's not easy!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAY for Brandon with his grades!! I love love love your lo! LOVING the string, the colors, the balloon and the photos!!!!!!

Tracy B said...

Twine gone wild! Love it! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in at Stuck?!

li-bee-ti said...

Cute photos and wonderful take on the sketch! I love the papers, the title on the tag with the button and the twine. Thank you playing with us at Stuck?!

Jean said...

LOVE the background! Such a fun title too! Thanks for joining in at Frosted Designs!

Christy said...

Love what you did with this sketch! It's awesome :)

Haven_mom4 said...

Nice job, I just played with this sketch too. Love the orange pop

Karen Wilson said...

Hey girl!! Well, CONGRATS Brandon! Well done! That is absolutely awesome news and I bet you are proud :-) My son just got accepted to University of Ontario for a BA in Science in Sept. He wants to be a vet. I am so proud, but boy, those heart strings are being pulled at the same time. Our baby, Ashleigh, will go off to high school and Andrew University .. where does the time go?? We're waiting on 3 more before he makes a final decision.

Love your LO this week and great take on the sketch too!!!

Lucia said...

lovely page Tina!full of fun colors and embellishment :) thank you for playing along at stuck?! x

Brandi Matos said...

Wonderfully done Tina!!! So very cute!!!
Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs :-)