Saturday, February 15, 2014

Well......it's my birthday :)

And I have had a wonderful day scrapping and eating my birthday brownies the kids and I made.....lol. chocolate  cheesecake swirl....Yummmmmmm!!!!

It's been a LONG week!!! A Winter "storm" came thru and the kids have been home since Wednesday.  Wednesday there was no school because we had a winter storm warning, which I admit does sound rather ominious....however we had no snow at all that day.....lol. Later that night things took a turn for the worse and the snow finally hit. We NEVER get snow in our part of Tennessee. We are surrounded almost totally by mountains and the bad weather almost always bypasses us. Well, this tome we got a whooping EIGHT inches of snow!!!! Unheard of.....lol.  Yes the town went crazy and totally shut everything down......we southerners are wimpy....there, I said it....lol.   But look how beautiful it was, somehow the snow gods allowed me this one photo before the kids went out and traipsed all over it.
So, they have had the entire week off and won't go back til Tuesday......ugh!!! Monday is an "in service day" for teachers. And yes I am about to lose my mind......lol

I didn't get much done until today......all week I have been on a cleaning spree and rounding up lost socks. I have determined that in our house the sock monster lives under the chair my 18 year old sits in the most often.  I have 2 huge baskets of socks I am still matching. My 13 yr old actually piled his up and posted a photo on instagram....lol. He said he had no clue that he had so many socks.....lol. So  hopefully this will make our morning routine a little smoother as they dig for socks. Heaven forbid they pull everything out the night before. Makes wayyyy to much sense :)

So today.......I scrapped!!! And I scrapped HARD baby!!! I didn't get any new supplies for my birthday like I was hoping tho. I have my eye on a beautiful collection by Carta Bella that I spotted at Hobby Lobby. I don't know the name but it will be mine soon I promise!!! lol.  My MIL and her b/f gave me some cash for my birthday and I was so excited thinking I could get it....but I ended up having to go to the doctor yet again with this pneumonia dn sinus thing and had to spend in on my medication co pay.....ugh. Well, breathing is slightly more important.....lol. On top of that I have a double ear infection and psoriasis way deep in one of my ears down to my ear drum. How does that happen?? I may have  to see and ENT and my doctor thinks its a sign of some sort of auto immune disease and wants to run tests.  All I know is my ear itches like crazy and I can feel this big blob that i want to pull out but I can't because it is actually part of a lesion. Ewwwwwww I know....sorry. Y'all know I'm famous for TMI......lol.

Ok....scrap pages......FOUR completed today!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! And I love each and every one of them!! I have been scrapping more of Jacobs prom photos from last year, finally!!! It feels so mice to be getting them completed and in thier own album! Yup, first solo album I have down and I'm even trying to keep it coordinated while still using my stash up. And I'm feeling really good about how much stuff I'm getting rid of too. It looks soooo much better on my layouts than in baggies and boxes!!!

My first page uses this sketch from Sketch n Scrap

Kinda hard to see but I used Bazill card stock, some stash sequins, a sweet little heart paper clip, All the patterned paper is Crate Paper, as is that flower, some random stick pins and the metal "one in a million" And the thickers are gold foil, its just hard to see here. Once again, my photo doesn't do the layout justice at all. 

The photos are my handsome son Jacob in our front yard wearing his prom tux. Hence the title, "prom Night Swag" :)

Next up is The awesome sketch from Pagemaps. I had soooo much fun going thru scraps for this one!!!!
And I love this photo of Jacob and Jesse too :) I'm not sure exactly where all of these bits come from but I will do my best. I know there is some Lily Bee and Cocoa Daisy and I THINK some Pink Paislee papers. Of course Bazzill cardstock to mat my square bits, LOTS of foam squares, the camera doesn't show it but the dimension on this thing is crazy....lol.  The "best pals" ticket and ":boys Ahead" stickers are from Echo Park and the "Smile bit, and the guitar are MME. I love this page because I love color and pattern. And it killed me to use that background paper, I wanted to frame it....lol.
Next is Creative Scrappers and I love this sketch because I am really into the whole layering thing lately and this one seemed perfect for it.
Another prom page and this one quite girly!!! Not my typical style but LOVE it!!! And again, i used tons of stash stuff I didn't even know I had! Jacob can't tell me where these photos were taken. Selective male memory I'm assuming since he and this girl have broken up.  But her parents took their entire group to these beautiful gardens to do a photo shoot. About 6 couples I think.  And from their they went to a fancy restaurant and to the prom in a limo :) Of course no one took pix of the limo unless they are hiding on a disc somewhere.....lol. Gorgeous photos. Brittney's dad took them and did an awesome job!!
Again my supplies are Bazzill cardstock, papers from Crate paper, American Crafts,  and MME. Black thickers,butterflies, arrow and "delight" from Heidi Swapp, Date bit MME, Tiny Type letters Remarks by AC,  Flowers, one is a Prima and its topped with a gifted home made fabric one and a button from my stash, the camera was fussy cut from an October Afternoon sticker and there are a couple more ofc those on there as well....from Midway I think.  No clue on the pink pearls....sorry.....like I said, I'm stash busting!!!

Next is this sketch from Stuck?!
Another fun one to work with but I had real issues with not cluttering up the page.....lol. I wanted to just toss everything on it:) Again I love these colors. I think if I had it to do over again I would ahve used patterned paper for the background as well. Plain paper bugs me.....lol
This is My swon Steven and some of his NJROTC buddies on a field trip to the Tennesse National Guard. Poor Cory got cut out of the photo for the most part so the first boy you see that is NOT wearing his Navy Tshirt (ughhhhhh) is my boy....lol. Figures huh? My kids are such rebels :)

This one uses more Lily Bee and Cocoa Daisy Scraps, Bazzill stock, MME bits and Echo Park stickers and letters as well as Remarks from AC.

I am on a mission to use what I ahve so I can buy more......LOL.

Thats what I have today! I'm pretty jacked up from the prednisone I am on and I'm guessing the diet mtn dew doesn't help either......so I have a few more sketches I plan on working on tonight after I pick Jacob up from work. I'm a scrappin animal.....lol.

Thanks for visiting with me today, have a great weekend!!!!!
Hugs!
Tina

18 comments:

Laura said...

Wow you have been so creative! Love the layouts and enjoyed reading about your tales of snow! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have an amazing one!!!!!! I love love love love your pages!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Lisa in Texas said...

Congrats on getting so much done, these are all wonderful! Love the titles too, very creative! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Sandy Ross said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a creative day! Our winter has been a snowy one since late November.... Spring is near! Love all your layouts! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

Christy said...

Happy birthday!!!! You weren't kidding when you said you got to scrap...wowza! I love your takes on each of these sketches. Fantastic job girlie ♥

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Happy Belated Birthday. What a beautiful LO. Love it. Awesome take. Thanks for playing along with us at
Sketch~N~Scrap!
xxx

Kerry said...

Wonderful prom page and great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N scrap. xx
Hope you will be feeling better soon. xx

Sura said...

Happy belated Birthday! Great pages! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
Surama

Lissa said...

Happy birthday to you! Love your layouts -- you were super productive! They are so fun to see. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

Darcy said...

So handsome on prom night. I'm jealous with how busy you have been! Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

artfulscrapbooking said...

Love your take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :) Evie

Kelly said...

Oh what a dapper young man!!! LOVE the prom page and great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

LisaM said...

Happy Belated Birthday! All of your layouts are fabulous!
Have a great weekend!

Joefil said...

Wow, you've been busy creating! great pages! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Stuck?!

Ann said...

Clearly you like working with sketches! I like how many letters/words you filled your page with. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! sketches.

Jen said...

Love your layouts! Don't you love snow days when you can get a lot of creating done? Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Lee-Anne said...

So nice to have some scrappy time on your birthday! Great job on the layout and sketch. Thanks for playing with us at Stuck?!

Leslie Germain said...

Happy Belated birthday! Saw you layout over at Creative Scrappers and thought I would stop by and say hi. ALL of your layouts are lovely! You were sure busy! :)